Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Top City Homo posted:

Mother: Son, I am glad that you have good memory but you are still a very stupid child.

Bears are animals and animals do not have thought, they work on instinct so if you feed a bear it will associate humans with food and never hunt.

People on the other hand have sentience and they care about things like social status and pride and they will only go to get government aid as a way to carry them through hard times or to smooth themselves back into a new job.

You see, when people have no place to turn to do to misfortune they end up being even a bigger burden on society as they do more and more desperate things to survive, things like robbery, murder, child abandonment, truancy etc. things that socially cost us much more than providing the needy with basic subsistence for 6-12 months while they get themselves in order.

So in many ways, social services are better for society and the comparison to bears is a logical fallacy called "argument from a false analogy."

Do you understand, son?

Son: *FART*

in this situation son, is every American.

thanks for reading

If you follow the Political Cartoon thread in D&D you'll find that all of Asay's poo poo is like this. All of it. He is a uniquely pure strain of this type of mentality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Wtf. OP that is mad unreal hosed up.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
OP please add "trigger warning: florida" to the op

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

Top City Homo posted:

Mother: Son, I am glad that you have good memory but you are still a very stupid child.

Bears are animals and animals do not have thought, they work on instinct so if you feed a bear it will associate humans with food and never hunt.

People on the other hand have sentience and they care about things like social status and pride and they will only go to get government aid as a way to carry them through hard times or to smooth themselves back into a new job.

You see, when people have no place to turn to do to misfortune they end up being even a bigger burden on society as they do more and more desperate things to survive, things like robbery, murder, child abandonment, truancy etc. things that socially cost us much more than providing the needy with basic subsistence for 6-12 months while they get themselves in order.

So in many ways, social services are better for society and the comparison to bears is a logical fallacy called "argument from a false analogy."

Do you understand, son?

thanks for reading

Wow this is the smartest funny poost I've read in a while gj Mr. Homo

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

Glad to see we are well on the path to just executing the homeless.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Looking forward to this law worming its way up the appellate courts. Doesn't seem like "you can't give food to the poor" will pass any rigorous constitutional or human rights challenge, and I want to see the kind of goblins that crawl up from the sewers to defend it.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Agag posted:

Looking forward to this law worming its way up the appellate courts. Doesn't seem like "you can't give food to the poor" will pass any rigorous constitutional or human rights challenge, and I want to see the kind of goblins that crawl up from the sewers to defend it.

ft. lauderdale seems to breed the worst human filth. same people tried to arrest that dude by passing a similar law 10 years ago and having it overturned

pretty sure the contemptible people are running the place and the homeless the upstanding citizens

Butyraceous posted:

Wow this is the smartest funny poost I've read in a while gj Mr. Homo

:tipshat:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Top City Homo posted:

Do you understand, son?

thanks for reading

Jesus Christ dude. Don't argue with a decades old political cartoon. It can't hear you.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Lufiron posted:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/04/justice/florida-feeding-homeless-charges/index.html?hpt=hp_t5

Yes let the poors starve that's a good plan and its ended so well throughout history. why don't they just bus them up to Detroit? Plenty of cheap houses means they'd be homeless no more!

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

boom boom boom posted:

Jesus Christ dude. Don't argue with a decades old political cartoon. It can't hear you.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005

The Mad Archivist posted:

OP please add "trigger warning: florida" to the op

sure

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

ArbitraryC posted:

It's almost like goons are reactionary shitlords and are willing to ascribe views someone doesn't agree with to them over perceived slights in debates over unrelated individual topics because they're incapable of seeing the world as anything but black and white. Who'd have thought?

shitlords

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Boo hoo, homeless people are literally dead all over the place from starvation, right?

Its so annoying stepping over their corpses all the time because this law is killing them.

NOT!

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Dead Precedents posted:

Look, the good Christians of Florida don't want to feed the needy. WWJD?

And then republican Jesus sold the seven breads and few small fishes to the highest bidder in the crowd of four thousand men, besides women and children.

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005
big government is the problem! let the markets and free will determine the best outcome without the meddling of the government

oh btw don't feed the poors we'll arrest you and put you in jail kthx

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Lufiron posted:

big government is the problem!

Isn't it against the law for restaurants to take leftovers to homeless shelters?

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
We can save money AND reduce the homeless population simply by making it illegal to feed them! Sign it into law

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
well this is genuinely upsetting.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

hemophilia posted:

I'll feed the homeless. In private. In my militia barracks where I will brainwash them to shoot the police and induce terror in whitebread suburbs.

Link to your kickstarter plz.

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Isn't it against the law for restaurants to take leftovers to homeless shelters?

quick google search reveals that this is false, but it's a local issue so it could be the case in certain states. like the south mayhaps

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Lufiron posted:

quick google search reveals that this is false, but it's a local issue so it could be the case in certain states. like the south mayhaps

I remember I returned one can of food once because when I went to the car my wife told me I got the wrong item. When I returned it they just tossed it right into the trash. :smith: I never returned food after that.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i'm sure their setting up homeless shelters and programs to support them and get them back in to work.

right...?

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

hemale in pain posted:

i'm sure their setting up homeless shelters and programs to support them and get them back in to work.

right...?

That's what bothered me most. It's not like they are building programs to replace the private support, they just want them to leave, because you know, homeless aren't really people, and definitely not free citizens of our country.

This crap turns my stomach.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Why do you think cities don't plant fruit trees?

Sorry Johnny Appleseed but your dumb trees are a mess to clean up and they draw in the homeless. Cut it down.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
there is a case to be made that government run shelters should not accept food in which the chain of custody is questionable, running the risk of contamination and illness spreading, whether through malice, ignorance, or bad luck. due to the nature of government in this country, accepting said food sources would be seen as accepting responsibility and endorsing whatever outcome arises.

luckily, lol this dont apply to churches (or apparently stripclubs???) at all.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

if this law stops one crazy person from feeding cyanide filled pie to one hobo, it's worth it.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

Attitude Indicator posted:

if this law stops one crazy person from feeding cyanide filled pie to one hobo, it's worth it.

due to perception it would be the government's fault for accepting cyanide laced food and feeding it to the homeless, not the supplier of said cyanide. america is a lovely place

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
They should force the homeless to fight each other to the death for food, or work for nothing in prison factories tbh.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Attitude Indicator posted:

Eh I'd rather one hobo die if it means several thousand other hobos get to eat.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjonGtrCyVE

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013

Dick Fagballzson posted:

America, the country where being a decent human being and helping your fellow man is now illegal.

Killing the idiots that comes up with these laws and the po-po in an act of humane decency is also illegal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Dr. Pangloss posted:

That's what bothered me most. It's not like they are building programs to replace the private support, they just want them to leave, because you know, homeless aren't really people, and definitely not free citizens of our country.

This crap turns my stomach.

instead of complaining about it why don't you invite a homeless man into your home. be the change you wan tto see in the world.

• Locked thread