Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

can the fbi help me get back my final fantasy 7 save

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

fisting by many posted:

yeah turns out it was compromised the entire time :nsa:

No, the project was just abandoned and the developers put up a message on their site saying that it may possibly contain unknown vulnerabilities which is the responsible thing to do when you plan to stop development completely.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Part of standard device destruction with the drives we work with is to require each to be shredded into no greater than 1/8 inch shards. Good luck fishing those out of the kiln thy go into? There are tons of businesses that offer this. Including cleared staff accompanied by two of our own in every chain of possession.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

EllisD posted:

Back in my day we just ordered everything legit from Americanchemicalsupply :2bong:

~the internet just isn't what it used to be~

that guy just got out of prison a year or two ago

an american hero

newreply.php posted:

actually even if the post office finds it, it's not illegal to have drugs mailed to you. as long as no one can prove that you actually ordered them (DISCLAIMER: may not at all be true where you live)
All they have to prove is that you possess the drugs. In theory you could be convicted of possession simply for taking the mail out of the mailbox, unopened, without any proof that you ordered or expected it. In the process they might also try to collect evidence for additional charges like conspiracy to use the postal service to transport drugs across state lines or whatever. Also, the police will shoot your dog. They just usually won't bother unless it's a felony+intent to distribute quantity of drugs.

If you insist on buying drugs in the mail, write "return to sender" and put it back in the mailbox for a few hours. They won't know what to make of it.

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Nov 8, 2014

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

nomadologique posted:

is part of the reason you don't like him bc he's always talking about what he just bought from silk road?

Yeah he talks about it like he's an elite loving underground hacker because he knows how to open up Tor and buy things from a website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
silk road was my poo poo for when I was in a foreign country for a year with no good drug connects

I had some BTC change in the SR account when the banking thing + first major BTC price uptick happened so my $20 worth of buttcoins suddenly meant I could buy a bunch of weed; that was pretty cool

DrPlump posted:

How to end drug wars:
When you catch a drugger they get 2 options:
1. You are killed with a bullet
2. You rat on supplier

Anyone who takes option 2 is released with no further punishment. The goal is to catch the person at the top of the chain. You should not feel bad about ratting on anyone because they can get out of charges by ratting on the next person up. Then when you get to the top and they have no one to rat on you kill them.

The DEA won't do this because somewhere along that supply chain is the CIA.

the problem is as soon as you take the head person in charge out another one comes out of the woodwork to take his place because they make so much loving money

gggiiimmmppp posted:

All they have to prove is that you possess the drugs. In theory you could be convicted of possession simply for taking the mail out of the mailbox, unopened, without any proof that you ordered or expected it. In the process they might also try to collect evidence for additional charges like conspiracy to use the postal service to transport drugs across state lines or whatever. Also, the police will shoot your dog. They just usually won't bother unless it's a felony+intent to distribute quantity of drugs.

If you insist on buying drugs in the mail, write "return to sender" and put it back in the mailbox for a few hours. They won't know what to make of it.

in theory maybe but in practice what happens is they open the package, take your drugs, leave a note saying 'we took your drugs,' and send the package on its way (this is recreational quantity of course)

also in theory I think you're wrong anyway because afaik you can't be held responsible for what people mail to you unbeknownst to you. besides guilt has to be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt and there is always reasonable doubt that someone is using your mailbox to mail their drugs and planning on intercepting the mail before you

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Nov 8, 2014

• Locked thread