Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

New episodes of High Maintenance come to Vimeo on November 11! (Trailer)

:420:What is this poo poo?:420:

High Maintenance is a web series featuring a weed delivery guy who bikes to each of his clients' homes in NYC. By necessity, the clients have to meet the "weed guy" in the privacy of their own homes, which allows the weed guy (and us, by proxy) to get a uniquely intimate look at all the weird, funny, and sad types of people who order weed in NYC. Each episode centers around one of the weed guy's clients, and they each last anywhere between 7 and 25 minutes. And just to get it out of the way: this show is not a "stoner comedy".

:siren:CLICK HERE TO WATCH ALL THE EPISODES. YOU WON'T REGRET IT:siren:

They're all excellent, but "Jamie" is a good place to start.

:420:Who is responsible for this?:420:

Katja Blichfeld, who did casting on 30 Rock, and her husband Ben Sinclair are behind this outfit. Their first four "cycles" of episodes were mostly an independent effort, but the upcoming series of episodes is funded as a "Vimeo Original Series". They've cited Six Feet Under and Party Down among their influences for the show.

:420:Is it good?:420:

This show mixes humor and feelings in a way that reminds me a lot of Louie. It's my favorite comedy on "TV" (web, cable, or otherwise) right now, but don't take my word for it:

AV Club
The New Yorker
The Guardian
Vogue

:420:GIFS GIFS GIFS GIFS:420:

giogadi fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Nov 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chicharona12345
Mar 24, 2013
Oh man this is such a good show. I'm pumped there will be new episodes soon.

ghableska
Jul 9, 2008
Great to have new episodes! The first one was a little weak, but by the third the show had hit its stride again.

Requesting this added to the OP:

• Locked thread