Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
what a dick!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunky Junket
Oct 30, 2014

by Ralp
Lol your title is wrong. It's a song about a chick.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
okay so he's telling the chick you're homeless LOL

still dickish

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

its a song about a preppy chick who falls from grace and now sucks dicks for a living lol

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

babypolis posted:

its a song about a preppy chick who falls from grace and now sucks dicks for a living lol

lol pwnt

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
seriously though this song is bullshit why is it so revered?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

rollin stones dont have moss and by moss he means puss hair so she is shaved drat thats hot

Absalom Baird
Jul 13, 2010
love it when bobby d gets all catty and mean

just a mean bitch. a mean old queen

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
seriously though who cares? you can write a song about whatever you want but for the boomer nostalgia industry to jizz themselves over a song and hold it up as one of the greatest ever it's just such a big nothing

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

it's a song about drugs, op

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

LifeSizePotato posted:

it's a song about drugs, op

you're homeless and on drugs LOL

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Taking this beloved all-time classic song to task is some bad rear end poo poo OP

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

I revel in the disgrace of Dylan's enemies.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

i like the napoleo9n guy with the siamese cat

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
recently caught jakob dylan found his father on the floor of the studio belting out an amazing new song called "help me, help me, help me" and recorded it for him, but then later it turned out he has just fallen down and shattered his hip.

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
Bob Dylan is retarded,

Like, not retarded in a deragatory sense, like, on the spectrum. Just listen to some of his lyrics.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
prolific and beloved lyricist is retarded and i will conquer his cultural grounds and big piles of money with my massive intellect

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

mysterious frankie posted:

recently caught jakob dylan found his father on the floor of the studio belting out an amazing new song called "help me, help me, help me" and recorded it for him, but then later it turned out he has just fallen down and shattered his hip.

i think you could have removed everything after "help me, help me, help me" and have a much tighter joke. it would have took a second longer for people to get it, but overall it would improve the quality of this post.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
sometimes I think we love Bob Dylan like in that episode of seinfeld where they talk about the new yorker comics well, because we're all afraid it might turn out that we're stupid if we don't appreciate the little fella. anyways, seinfeld is quality entertainment, I also like the one where George steps on the birds in the park.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
you aint selling any alibis

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
chicken in a brad pan pickin out dough

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

ratm did maggie's farm so much better

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I don't really 'get' folk music, and I think bob dylan is a terrible singer. I'm more into electro anyway... *puts on recording of a distorted voice over a 40 hz wave and a metronome*

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

mysterious frankie posted:

sometimes I think we love Bob Dylan like in that episode of seinfeld where they talk about the new yorker comics well, because we're all afraid it might turn out that we're stupid if we don't appreciate the little fella. anyways, seinfeld is quality entertainment, I also like the one where George steps on the birds in the park.

IT'S GORTEX JERRY

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Prodigal T-REX posted:

prolific and beloved lyricist is retarded and i will conquer his cultural grounds and big piles of money with my massive intellect

he's bad

naem
May 29, 2011

Bob Dylan's the poo poo

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

naem posted:

Bob Dylan's poo poo

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Prodigal T-REX posted:

I don't really 'get' folk music, and I think bob dylan is a terrible singer. I'm more into electro anyway... *puts on recording of a distorted voice over a 40 hz wave and a metronome*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om4AE5El9oE

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.
There are a lot songs about Andy Warhol and his troupe of post modernist bohemians, many of which were like the Paris Hilton's of the 1960's.

This is about one of them. An ex girlfriend of Dylan's, who left him for the New York art scene. So yeah, he's kinda glad she's homeless.

Warhol was utter poo poo.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.
Beef.

The 1960's edition.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Gay Roads posted:

seriously though this song is bullshit why is it so revered?

It's a great song, I listen to it whenever I want someone to go gently caress themselves but it would be too inappropriate to say so.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
Why did Bob Dylan sing like utter shite for so many years, then go record Lay Lady Lay which was at least a decent vocal performance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Raven
Jul 2, 2004

Upon this a question arises: whether it be better to be loved than feared or feared than loved?
IDK, I think it has a lot of relevance to millennials that were coddled and hovered over and told that they were the special ones, and suddenly find themselves getting hosed over by the real world. I'm covering the Hendrix version with my band.

• Locked thread