Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

alg posted:

The Carolina Hurricanes Now Own.

I can't believe they are leading One of the Best Teams in the NHL(tm)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

In fact, if the Devils are udner .500 in January, I think Lamoriello gets a new coach. I hope he tells Jacques Lemaire "here is a blank check, write in an amount, and do what you did in 2011."

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Schneider hasn't been his usual self this year but there have been a good amount of games when he's been terrific and the team just constantly blew coverage. He's not the problem.

Bryce Salvador is the problem. Holy gently caress. He's got to be the worst everyday defenseman in the league, I swear every time he's out on the ice he's responsible for a goal against. Every time. Zidlicky sucks defensively too but at least the dude is creative with the puck and probably makes up for it with offensive production. But seriously, Salvador needs to be benched, captain or not, he's unbelievably awful, flubs the puck, blows coverage, has no clue. He just gets buried alive every time he steps onto the ice.

I actually think the Devils have been cycling the best they've cycled all season this game, they've had some beautiful shifts of pinning the Bruins in their own zone for long stretches of time.

At this point I'm kinda willing to say that as awesome as DeBoer's system is, this team is mentally soft. They beat themselves constantly, and when areas of the team's game are problematic, it gets into their heads and collapses. Like the PK, I knew this would happen. It's been really bad the first ten games so now it's in their heads and they're nervous and it's just worse and worse. I think if they continue to let this stuff snowball and they miss the playoffs again there's no way DeBoer comes back. This team just has no fight and no confidence.

What's the solution though? Coaching isn't the problem, they're getting old, and they have too many pieces to blow up.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

WHL scores, take that Russia! :siren:

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
as a fan of the royals and canucks, that sure was a nice goal by team whl

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Chad Sexington posted:

What's the solution though? Coaching isn't the problem, they're getting old, and they have too many pieces to blow up.

Coaching isn't the problem, but there's some sort of mental lapse that this team has. They let things snowball, they blow leads, they don't have confidence in themselves to dig themselves out of a hole. The Devils have won three games in a row twice and four games in a row ZERO TIMES dating back to the start of last season. They just can't win consistently and as good as the system is, you can't fire the players.

I do think not enough youth and talent up front is problematic but honestly, the offense seems decent enough, better than last year with Cammalleri in the lineup. It's just been the defense, notably Salvador being horrific, and the penalty kill. Half their goals against are on the penalty kill right now and it's like 62%, there's no way that continues, especially if Salvador is inevitably taken off. I think they'll right the ship defensively somewhat but this team has the propensity to just feel sorry for themselves and let things snowball.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

In fact, if the Devils are udner .500 in January, I think Lamoriello gets a new coach. I hope he tells Jacques Lemaire "here is a blank check, write in an amount, and do what you did in 2011."

I'm okay with another 2011.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
The problem is that the defense is composed of Andy Greene, four kids, and two fossils that can no longer play defense. I was fine with Fayne leaving but it's really had a detrimental effect. Schneider also needs to step the gently caress up because he's been poo poo too.

Also, DeBoer is an enormous issue when he continually overplays his trash heap favorites.

It also doesn't help that guys like Elias are finally starting to show their age.

corn on the cop fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Nov 11, 2014

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Ping! This team is so different post Chantel McCabe DUI.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
That loving Seth Griffith goal.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

alg posted:

Your team is bad and you should feel bad.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

:siren: :siren:

Jiminy Krimpet
May 13, 2010

My name is Jiminy Krimpet, and I am a Falcoholic.

alg posted:

Didn't she get the DUI right before the season started?

also :siren: gleason :siren:

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Jiminy Krimpet posted:

Didn't she get the DUI right before the season started?

also :siren: gleason :siren:

Ya she came back from her suspension 5 games ago :swoon:

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)
Marchand gets an Embellishment, I get grumpy, watch the slo-mo, dude just got his skates crossed up.

Welp.

ps
http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2014/11/10/7191301/look-at-this-goal-of-the-year-candidate-from-seth-griffith

Grebo
Mar 29, 2012

2015-2016
2016-2017
2017-2018
2018-2019

BRUINS DEFENSE

Lobsterboy posted:

Marchand gets an Embellishment, I get grumpy, watch the slo-mo, dude just got his skates crossed up.

Welp.

ps
http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2014/11/10/7191301/look-at-this-goal-of-the-year-candidate-from-seth-griffith

The one against Smith in first periode was even worse.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

Grebo posted:

Seriously both those calls were bullshit.

Grebo
Mar 29, 2012

2015-2016
2016-2017
2017-2018
2018-2019

BRUINS DEFENSE
:woop: Bruins win :woop:

Also Griffith :swoon:

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I didn't really expect the Devils to beat the B's, but to lose on that weak poo poo...

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)

Grebo posted:

Well yeah, because Smith doesnt have a history of doing that. Marchand being a dick is nothing new. But its stupid obvious he got crossed up and wasnt doing it intentionally on a replay. :sigh:

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

what possible reason could a coach have for having Schneider start every game so far this season? is the backup some sort of weekend at bernie's situation?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

.Spec posted:

what possible reason could a coach have for having Schneider start every game so far this season? is the backup some sort of weekend at bernie's situation?

let me tell you about pete deboer

Jiminy Krimpet
May 13, 2010

My name is Jiminy Krimpet, and I am a Falcoholic.
canes win again :toot:

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Dammit Calgary you don't deserve Rick Ball. Give him back.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

Poonerman posted:

let me tell you about pete deboer

Kinkaid is not the belle of the ball, that's for sure.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Chad Sexington posted:

Kinkaid is not the belle of the ball, that's for sure.

i mean, i'm whatever on kinkaid, but you can't keep letting your franchise guy get torpedoed night after night

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Team isn't good but Schneider being bad has certainly not helped. He'll probably rebound and drag them to a 10th finish maybe we'll even trade our first to try and sneak in on the back of another old guy

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I'm not gonna defend Schneider because 3 of those 4 goals were extremely weak. He kept covering the 5 hole and looking down for some reason when every shot was going to the post. Sure that turnover to Bergeron was a poo poo play by the defense, and the breakaway was blown coverage again by Salvador.. but they were completely savable by any above average goalie. The entire team needs to lift, including Schneider. It's not just the defense loving it all up, though they're certainly a huge part of it. That pairing of Larsson and Salvador has to be one of the worst, if not the worst in the league.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Nov 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Reminder: Tim Gleason now has more goals than Alexander Semin.

:eng101:

• Locked thread