Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

Prorat posted:

Year after year Madden releases the best football game to millions of people. Play as your favorite team and play and try and make the Super Bowl! Unfortunately during my first season playing as the Giants in the SB it matched me against the Redskins. I was so appalled that even a game can be racist that I realized that the Giants name is insensitive towards people with Gigantism. But it also puts the idea out there that non little people are superior to little people. Fun, fast, exciting may be how's this game is advertised but all I see is racism, insensitivity to all types of people, big or small and minorities.
Madden 0/10

If Madden put the Giants and R**skins in a Super Bowl against each other it should get a 0/10 because they are in the same conference and division

Anyway, here is my polygon review
The octagon provides symmetry in various bisections, and has proven useful in applications including the stop sign. Critics will point to the boxy figure as a cosmetic flaw, but there is some charm in a boxy throwback. 80s revivalism is alive and well, especially in urban markets, where the octagon will continue to thrive.
+ Symmetry in multiple bisections
+ Applications
- Old-school design may turn some away
Final score (not an average): 9.2 out of 10 (Great)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Sir John Feelgood posted:

Can you tell me where Gies said that thing?

I don't remember. I think it was an episode within the past 4 or so months.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

mango sentinel posted:

I don't remember. I think it was an episode within the past 4 or so months.
An episode of the Polygon podcast?

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
RollerCoaster Tycoon 2: Wacky Worlds

Money is nothing but an evil yoke the capitalist slave masters have chained to the neck of the working class oxen.

3/10

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
Leisure Suite Larry

*cartoon steam coming out of head*

2/10

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

An episode of the Polygon podcast?
Rebel FM.
http://www.eat-sleep-game.com/news/category/rebel-fm-podcast/page/2/

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Cheers.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Can you tell me where Gies said that thing?

Some Rebel FM, probably 10 eps ago maybe, or 6, I don't know. Not sure if Anthony was there for that ep if it helps narrow it down. I can't remember.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
The moment I heard him say "she's not a girl" I immediately thought it was a guy, always figured him to be gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Was it early in the podcast or late?

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries

Vorik posted:

oh wow there really is a chex cereal game and it's a doom clone lol

have you ever played it

I got this game from a cereal box when I was little, it owned becasue my parents would never have let me play actual doom.

It was actually really good, the mechanics were fun and there were lots of secrets to find. 8 or 9 out of 10

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Was it early in the podcast or late?
Late. They do letters in the second half. Not sure why you're so obsessed about it.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
wtf is polygon. wheres my pc gamer mag, i need that demo cd

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

1gnoirents posted:

wtf is polygon. wheres my pc gamer mag, i need that demo cd

While amazing technology, and a necessity, the PC has several minerals mined by black on black slaves in Africa.
The PC 4/10

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

mango sentinel posted:

Late. They do letters in the second half. Not sure why you're so obsessed about it.
I'm just asking questions. I'm unsure whether I'll actually make the effort to find it.

Crew Expendable
Jan 1, 2013
Someone explain this bribe they took from MS thing to me.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Crew Expendable posted:

Something like MS gave them 750k for start up money. Others gave too.

Sony first party games get low scores. But that's just a coincidence.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
The physics are incredible, the feeling of flight has never been more real. You feel the rush of Mach 2 with your hair on fire, zipping through clouds. The graphics are highly detailed, every rivet, every switch. Unfortunately the developers have decided to set the game in the Black Sea region on the Crimean peninsula. The developers place NATO as "blue side" (read: good) and the Russians, just the Russians (as the big scary Russians aren't allowed to have allies you see) relegated to the "red" (bad) side. Also, the game only models military units. Aside from a few parked buses, the game flat out refuses to show the human toll of war. Zipping along at Mach 2 with your hair fire, while a rush, seems to remove you even further from views of a country torn apart by war. A cynical knight in shining armor, riding his flying horse high above the peasants who cry out for his help. (very much like the drone pilots currently in the Air Force). All of this being especially egregious here as this is a proxy war currently being fought right now by power and money hungry governments bent on neo-imperialism. One must assume that the developers have never been to the Ukraine, as if they had, the wouldn't make light of such a deadly serious confrontation. - DCS: World; 2.5/10

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Crew Expendable posted:

When Polygon launched they made some self aggrandizing documentary about the making of the website. Later it turned out Microsoft financed the documentary with a "grant" of $750,000.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Everyone knows Polygon articles are 100% sensationalist "PLEASE CLICK ME" titles that nobody really reads beyond.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Crow_Rodeo posted:

The physics are incredible, the feeling of flight has never been more real. You feel the rush of Mach 2 with your hair on fire, zipping through clouds. The graphics are highly detailed, every rivet, every switch. Unfortunately the developers have decided to set the game in the Black Sea region on the Crimean peninsula. The developers place NATO as "blue side" (read: good) and the Russians, just the Russians (as the big scary Russians aren't allowed to have allies you see) relegated to the "red" (bad) side. Also, the game only models military units. Aside from a few parked buses, the game flat out refuses to show the human toll of war. Zipping along at Mach 2 with your hair fire, while a rush, seems to remove you even further from views of a country torn apart by war. A cynical knight in shining armor, riding his flying horse high above the peasants who cry out for his help. (very much like the drone pilots currently in the Air Force). All of this being especially egregious here as this is a proxy war currently being fought right now by power and money hungry governments bent on neo-imperialism. One must assume that the developers have never been to the Ukraine, as if they had, the wouldn't make light of such a deadly serious confrontation. - DCS: World; 2.5/10

Holy poo poo.

Mods please move to games forum. TIA

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

burritolingus posted:

Everyone knows Polygon articles are 100% sensationalist "PLEASE CLICK ME" titles that nobody really reads beyond.

Like the "stealth kill button makes you kiss your wife, worst game ever!" Thing from last month?

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Lazyfire posted:

Like the "stealth kill button makes you kiss your wife, worst game ever!" Thing from last month?

Haha, I forgot about that. I sneak up on my GF and kiss her all the time. Its literally a normal thing couples do.

England Sucks
Sep 19, 2014

by XyloJW
This thread is bad. You are bad. Kill yourself

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

England Sucks posted:

Whats your Polygon comments post count?

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

England Sucks posted:

This triggered me really hard.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Lazyfire posted:

lol the writer even uses the phrase "future wife" in the comments on the article because he's literally never touched a woman before.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

darkwing cuck posted:

lol the writer even uses the phrase "future wife" in the comments on the article because he's literally never touched a woman before.

Most of the people that work there probably aren't well adjusted adults. Ben Kuchera isn't. I'm pretty sure he started off his Bioshock Infinite review saying it was like touching a boob for the first time.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Prorat posted:

Most of the people that work there probably aren't well adjusted adults. Ben Kuchera isn't. I'm pretty sure he started off his Bioshock Infinite review saying it was like touching a boob for the first time.
Actually, he was describing holding the PS4 controller.

"It felt like the first time I touched a girl’s breast in the backseat of a car with fogged up windows, scared that her parents were going to fling the door open and start yelling at me. I wanted to grab the controller and run. I wanted to nuzzle it against my face and ask it who is a good controller? Who is a good controller? You’re a good controller, you sexy thing, you."

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Actually, he was describing holding the PS4 controller.

"It felt like the first time I touched a girl’s breast in the backseat of a car with fogged up windows, scared that her parents were going to fling the door open and start yelling at me. I wanted to grab the controller and run. I wanted to nuzzle it against my face and ask it who is a good controller? Who is a good controller? You’re a good controller, you sexy thing, you."

I hope he didn't nuzzle up to a single boob and say that. Awkward.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

I attempted to play this but I couldn't get past the install wizard. My computer didn't have enough memory. It is good to see AAA developers taking a stance on our nation's mental health issues.

8.4/10 GAME OF THE WEEK!

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

BottledBodhisvata's posting is dogshit, he's a furry pedophile with crippling autism and weighs 400 pounds, a bigtime Sonic fan and bodypillow collector, etc, etc. his prose is atrocious, he keeps talking about trains, injects leetspeak xbox live slang into conversations like a 13 year old, and can't properly punctuate his writing.

7.5/10

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

icantfindaname posted:

BottledBodhisvata's posting is dogshit, he's a furry pedophile with crippling autism and weighs 400 pounds, a bigtime Sonic fan and bodypillow collector, etc, etc. his prose is atrocious, he keeps talking about trains, injects leetspeak xbox live slang into conversations like a 13 year old, and can't properly punctuate his writing.

7.5/10

Which Polygon editor are you?

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

icantfindaname posted:

7.5/10

#drainthebottle #bigotbodhisvata #notallbodhis

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
While Toad is a character we've grown to love, the lack of transgendered Toads in the Mushroom Kingdom is a statistic impossibility. Also Toadette does not have to be pink just because she's a girl. Men like pink too. The gameplay and story are the best in any videogame ever.
- Toads Treasure Tracker 3.5/10

Editors Note: We here at Polygon apologize for calling Toadette a girl instead of a woman. This reviewer has been fired.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

The Halo Master Chief Collection had such bad matchmaking at launch that Polygon lowered the review score before the advertising money came in this time. This is unlike with Battlefield 4 and SimCity 4 which they waited like two months before lowering the review score due to both games being nearly unplayable at launch.

I just now realized that Polygon never raises review scores when games get better, but just leaves them low to capitalize on popular sentiment. Because they are a click-bait site.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Skyrim character creation only offers two gender choices.

-4/10

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"yeah so I was playing the new rear endcreed (heh) game at the paxprime demo booth and I was really getting a feel for the free roaming when...well when I looked over at the other demo players I saw God. Yeah the big G man. So I see god walking at me, which was just enough distraction to look away from those terrible frame rates (lol), and crazy thing was, well. Though I could perceive Him to be talking He did not say my name. So I started to stroke out and when I woke up I said the words 'video games for the loving win'. So I'd like to give Assassin's Creed Unity 7.5/10"
-Ben Kurchuriah

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
Saint's Row 2 has a gender slider, allowing for the full range of possible human sexes

11/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

I want more followers on twitter and one of those fake japanese boobs to feel but mostly to respect but also feel. assassin's creed unity gets a 9 for ambition.

-ben kcuhera

• Locked thread