Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
I remember when movies weren't just adaptations of super hero comics and children's books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

They ran those front-page reviewers out of town on a rail.

Can you expand on this? I'm not up to date on all my forums gossip. Tia.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I stopped caring about CD when they all jizzed over Pacific Rim.

I figured out the formula for CD Goons. Mechs + fighting giant sea creatures - a plot - interesting fleshed out characters + a bunch of ridiculous stereotypes = asperger's dream come true.

Did I get it right?

The Dennis System posted:

I remember when movies weren't just adaptations of super hero comics and children's books.

Do you? Some of the very first movies ever made were based on children's books. :colbert:

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
pacific rimjob lol

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
its a bad movie for idiot child

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

rear end cobra posted:

its a bad movie for idiot child

Yeah but its colorful and looked p cool on IMAX.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
I honestly don't think it would be that bad if it wasn't for that one poster.

You know exactly who I mean.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
does the mega-ultra-supersperg who obsessed about some other version of aladdin or something still post there?

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
bring back helldump

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.
I liked TVIV when we were allowed to post about hate watching crappy scifi/fantasy shows but the mods cracked down on it.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Cd is full of games posters it's really weird

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

The Bananana posted:

Can you expand on this? I'm not up to date on all my forums gossip. Tia.

Front-page reviews were getting less and less like reviews, and more like Tumblr dissections where even the most minute detail was hauled up in front of the SJW Courts fo deridement, plus one of the reviewers saw penises in everything. It culminated in a "review" of Gone Girl, which was just.... you know, just check it out for yourself, it's hard to put into coherent words.

Most of CD tried to side with the reviewers as trying something new and different, but week after week people are getting more and more annoyed with the reviews. The last while though has mostly been people rightly making GBS threads on the terrible reviews showing up on the front page. And then not long after their last review, one of the mods showed up in the thread and said "Yeah, those guys don't want to write reviews here anymore. Thread Closed." I don't know if their off reviewing somewhere else, but no one seems to be asking for their return.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Pacific rim was what Godzilla should of been. Godzilla was a huge jack off sesh that only ending in a climax 5 minutes before the movie ended. It's like a travel movie with how much people travel and how little Godzilla wrecks poo poo.

NOT IN A GOOD WAY

I liked interstellar. Agree with rotten tomatoes consensus. See it on big screen. Bigger is better

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Lot 49 posted:

I honestly don't think it would be that bad if it wasn't for that one poster.

You know exactly who I mean.

everyone gets hung up on him but he's fine (although he needs to work on his people skills and the homophobia was a bit much)

his cheer squad are just embarrassing though

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
needs more homophobia imo

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Clipperton posted:

everyone gets hung up on him but he's fine (although he needs to work on his people skills and the homophobia was a bit much)

his cheer squad are just embarrassing though

all he does is just post like pages of copy-paste from zizek though its just blatant now

i think even his fanboys have basically gotten sick of the gimmick though because its really runnign thin

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009
the opposite reading is true, and also somehow even gayer

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!
I think there should be a moratorium on superhero movies. There's just too many of them right now, like there's a new one released every two or three months. Crazy

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Cenema Disgusto

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
CD is like, one of the worst subforums and has the dumbest, most pretentious spergs on the earth, including SMG. r/movies is probably less terrible than CD but I dunno, never been there

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Front-page reviews were getting less and less like reviews, and more like Tumblr dissections where even the most minute detail was hauled up in front of the SJW Courts fo deridement, plus one of the reviewers saw penises in everything. It culminated in a "review" of Gone Girl, which was just.... you know, just check it out for yourself, it's hard to put into coherent words.

Most of CD tried to side with the reviewers as trying something new and different, but week after week people are getting more and more annoyed with the reviews. The last while though has mostly been people rightly making GBS threads on the terrible reviews showing up on the front page. And then not long after their last review, one of the mods showed up in the thread and said "Yeah, those guys don't want to write reviews here anymore. Thread Closed." I don't know if their off reviewing somewhere else, but no one seems to be asking for their return.

I actually met the guy who used to write the SA front page reviews at a party this halloween. Last name was wade, forgot the first. I never actually read any front page reviews lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

When they did actual reviews, I didn't mind as much. They did get hung up on a lot of stupid poo poo, though. With each week they really, really, started writing more stupid poo poo. I won't lose sleep over their departure. I don't sleep anyway.

• Locked thread