Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

FizFashizzle posted:

yeah how dare a coach not care about his players' health. he should be more like, uh, um....

There is a difference between putting out a player who is injured and literally ruining the franchise QB you just bet your career and the team's future on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Players wanting to play and coaches and doctors holding them out is the exact reason you have a ringside doctor and who has final say at fights. Athletes have this tendency to push themselves to where they'll be dead unless someone tells them to stop. All the time you hear about this poo poo.

The NFL is especially bad for it since if a player spends any longer than a second needed to get stitched up, or taped up on the sideline they're branded soft and weak and have been since highschool.

Hell Brett Favre had his high school QB that he was over seeing go back into a game with a busted shoulder. Coaches should know by the time they get to the NFL that "I'm good to go coach" is probably not the best indicator of health.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

I may be advocating some and poo poo, but… Stafford.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugA8G4rv_8g

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Chichevache posted:

There is a difference between putting out a player who is injured and literally ruining the franchise QB you just bet your career and the team's future on.

Jesus Christ, this forever.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

African AIDS cum posted:

Carolina had no problem starting Anderson week 1 and Cam rushed back to keep the spotlight to himself no?

Remember when Cam was a shiny new 1st overall pick and Jerry Richardson sat him down and had a nice little talk about hairstyles and visible tattoos? That was just good fatherly advice, not brand management!

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

RGIII never had a chance in Washington and I'm sure they would have figured out a way to ruin Luck too.

This goes back to even the Patrick Ramsey days.

Let's get a 1st rounder and throw him in early behind an inept coaching group and watch him get murdered then question his ability to 'be an NFL caliber player' and in 2-4 years everyone involved is fired or gone and the process begins anew.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

That Works posted:

This goes back to even the Patrick Ramsey days.

Let's get a 1st rounder and throw him in early behind an inept coaching group and watch him get murdered then question his ability to 'be an NFL caliber player' and in 2-4 years everyone involved is fired or gone and the process begins anew.

They hosed up with RGIII a lot but "throwing him in early" was not the issue. He was immediately one of the best QBs in the league and had one of the best rookie seasons in NFL history. The problems started with how they handled him after he got hurt the first time.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

MourningView posted:

They hosed up with RGIII a lot but "throwing him in early" was not the issue. He was immediately one of the best QBs in the league and had one of the best rookie seasons in NFL history. The problems started with how they handled him after he got hurt the first time.

I agree with that but just overall that they cant handle / manage / protect QBs for poo poo is the real point.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

A.o.D. posted:

Remember when Cam was a shiny new 1st overall pick and Jerry Richardson sat him down and had a nice little talk about hairstyles and visible tattoos? That was just good fatherly advice, not brand management!

He's had a ton of endorsements that was actually great advice, regardless of how racist the impetus to give it was

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

MourningView posted:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
We have such a lovely way of treating significantly injured athletes. Look at what Rose has been going through for years. People were tearing him apart last week for saying he was not going to needlessly destroy his body when he didn't have to..

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Quote is not edit.

The dangers of phone posting kids.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

A.o.D. posted:

*removes helmet and puts gatorade towel over head, taking time to tuck it into jersey in just the right way to maximize logo exposure*

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

Speaking of Rose and seeing that picture reminded me, maybe someone should investigate Adidas...

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Mel Mudkiper posted:

We have such a lovely way of treating significantly injured athletes. Look at what Rose has been going through for years. People were tearing him apart last week for saying he was not going to needlessly destroy his body when he didn't have to..

But they signed a contract! They made a commitment! They're PAID to tear up their bodies and throw away their future for our entertainment!

/talking heads

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

When you go all in, you're at risk for busting out of the poker game.

Fitting use then, I guess.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A.o.D. posted:

They were at least smart enough then to surround him with offensive line talent and an OC who could maximise his talents and protect him.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

African AIDS cum posted:

*removes helmet and puts gatorade towel over head, taking time to tuck it into jersey in just the right way to maximize logo exposure*

yeah why didn't he grab one of the thousands of non-gatorade towels lying around on the sideline

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
lol chiefs that is some steelers level loss to a scrub team

edit; wait, oh no

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Close this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I say the thursday game recap should go in the previous week thread.

• Locked thread