Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

maybe the idiot poo poo retards who unironically employ hurf durf sexhaver logic in TYOOL 2015 when discussing weird cosplay funimation fuckfests that are Totally Real, Man, But You're Not Cool Enough to See Them should just stop talking about their gay clown baby fantasies and talk about stinky fat dudes playing elf games

*in Argentinean accent* B-Bazinga?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
This sounds like an old adventure game, actually:

quote:

The author of Dungeons & Dragons doesn’t much care for role-playing: “If I want to do that,” he said, “I’ll join an amateur theater group.” In fact, D&D, as DM’ed by E. Gary Gygax, is not unlike a miniatures combat game. We spent a lot of time just moving around, looking for the fabled Teeth of Barkash-Nour, which were supposed to lie in a direction indicated by the “tail of the Great Bear’s pointing.” Our confusion at first was pitiable, almost Beckettian.

I'd actually forgotten about the whole "real men", "real roleplayer" thing until I saw this chart. Not necessarily grog, but the left side is a like grog-spotter's guide:

quote:

After reviewing the "Homosexuality in Golarion" thread it has come to my attention that Paizo is actively promoting the idea that disliking homosexual behavior is evil (both in the real world sense and the Pathfinder mechanical sense) in their products. I can no longer in good conscience support a company that holds such an unethical and bigoted belief, all in the name of "tolerance" (oh, the irony)

quote:

I think Mr. Locke is purposefully ignoring the point that is trying to be made. Just as it is a homosexual's right to associate with whomever, it is the same for a heterosexual. Do I agree with the idea of "gays should die"? No. I don't know many who do, even if they think gay people are unequal or sinful.

The point he's making is he's saying that the "opposing viewpoint" is being declared as WRONG WRONG WRONG and everyone who says otherwise should be burned at the stake. While I don't know if this is true, having not read enough of Golarion's works...what if it doesn't float your boat? What if you're straight and don't like gays in THAT way?

Streets run both ways, generally. If he's right, then it IS intolerant. If he's wrong, then he's wrong. Simple. Also "I'm sorry you disagree" is an insult, not an apology, I hope you realize.

...g~$*%+mit I didn't want to get sucked back into this board. How'd it get unhidden for me?

Reddit should be cheating, though this guy does show some degree of self-awareness:

quote:

I am fascinated by Wahabi islam, radical catholics, Salafism, orthodox christians. But most of all I am fascinated by Haredi orthodox jews.

In my Dreamlands RPG setting I'd love to include these as a threatening development in my setting. Imagine a campaign world being taken over by a sectarian religion.
This normally isn't a problem. I can go around and introduce Inquisitions, Catholic crusaders and use that symbolism with not much of a problem. Even when I slant Caucasian humans as "the evil empire", spreading colonialism, slavery, genocidal conquest, etc. chances on me being accused of racism are slim to none.

But imagine me writing source material that is clearly inspired by sectarian Judaism, with a strong emphasis on racial exclusivity, then I most certainly got a problem.
In my campaign one particular religion has been taking over in many Duchies. In some cases nobility cooperates, in other cases the priests of these religions use legally permissible magic (as opposed to illegal magic, i.e curses, witchcraft, necromancy) to get rid of noncompliant Dukes and Barons.

They got the most powerful spellcasters in various arcane (wizards, magicians, sorcerors), occult (warlocks, witches), invocative (priests, clerics, paladins) backgrounds. What this side lacks in martial ability (warrior orders) they lack in mystical support.

Am I "racist" or "antisemite" if I describe a roleplaying setting where the forces of sinister usurpation in a roleplaying setting are clearly inspired by kahani, yassidic, haredi or similar ultra-orthodox parts of Jewish culture and society?
How can I create an interesting story? I want to make this side human (not some disgusting stereotype like ferengi or big-nosed goblins) and I want to avoid 'alignments'. You can close deals with these people, but they always side with their own people, and their magic always wins.
I am troubled and perplexed. Tolkien basically took southafrican zulu and turned them in to Orcs (and maybe dwarves in to Jews) without much consequence of being accused of racism.

http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Racism_in_Tolkien's_Works
I want to use a somewhat familiar trope. What can I do to avoid 'actual' antisemitism?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

maybe the idiot poo poo retards who unironically employ hurf durf sexhaver logic in TYOOL 2015 when discussing weird cosplay funimation fuckfests that are Totally Real, Man, But You're Not Cool Enough to See Them should just stop talking about their gay clown baby fantasies and talk about stinky fat dudes playing elf games

are you having a stroke, do I need to call 911 :ohdear:

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

forbidden lesbian posted:

are you having a stroke, do I need to call 911 :ohdear:

Just shove overpriced limp-dicked resin space-men at him and and he'll shut up.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Slimnoid posted:

Just shove overpriced limp-dicked resin space-men at him and and he'll shut up.

quote:

overpriced limp-dicked resin space-men

are you having a stroke

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

uh i think you'll find the Adeptus Astartes actually are neuter and have no dicks.

quote:

Hello! I am a new Gamemaster to Black Crusade. Been a longtime fan of the 40K universe since the publication of the book Slaves to Darkness in 1988. I am about to begin my first campaign for Black Crusade and I have a legitimate question for this forum:
Do Chaos Space Marines have genitals?
Seriously.
The reason I'm asking is because I'm contemplating various plot angles involving Slaanesh - and the temptations, desires and forbidden pleasures that go along with that deity. It seems with the power armor fused to the skin and the genetic upgrades there would be some sort of catheter situation or recycling of bodily fluids.
Then again, if a loyal Space Marine falls for the seductions of Slaanesh and forever forsakes the Imperium to spend enternity engaging in bacchanals with the Daemonettes or whatever, what, is the pleasure all in his mind? Is it a hallucination? Are his senses so jacked up that the lightest touch on the cheek sends a thrill that equals an orgasm? Is there no actual physical touching of the lower body regions? It seems inconsistent to me for a worshipper of the God of Pleasure to be a eunuch for all practical purposes.
If that isn't the case, then what? Can they remove their armored britches like in the love scene between Uther and Igrayne in the movie Excalibur? Then you wonder (well, maybe you don't) about urination and defecation - is this mandatory, is it an option, is it a non-issue? If they are using their plumbing for one do they use it for the other? Is there an on/off switch somewhere?
Has this question every been asked/answered? I'm totally serious and would like some viewpoints.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
uh the proud noble space wolves possibly still have dicks depending on how weird a given black library author is

I am sure there is probably a lot of genuine grog about the subject.

edit: ^^^this guy gets it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

uh the proud noble space wolves possibly still have dicks depending on how weird a given black library author is

I am sure there is probably a lot of genuine grog about the subject.

edit: ^^^this guy gets it

Do you need medical attention?

• Locked thread