Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
gently caress Ohio State?
Yes
Yeah
Yep
Mmmhm
View Results

• Locked thread
Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
https://twitter.com/McMurphyESPN/status/535905863379476480

quote:

In @ESPN poll of 103 FBS head coaches, 44% want 8-team playoff, 29% 4-teams, 17% 16-teams

I'd love an 8-team playoff. It seems like the perfect size.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments

fffff posted:

My nana just told me a joke.

A man was driving down the road, and he saw a little boy walking on the side of the road.

So he stops and asks, "Are you lost?"

Boy says, "Nope, I'm running away from home!"

Man says, "Well why are you doing that?

"My dad beats me."

"What about your mama?"

"She beats me too."

"Well, where are you gonna go?"

"I'm going to Auburn."

"Why there?"

And the boy takes a deep breath, smiles, and says, "I heard they don't beat anyone there."

it was a funny joke, thanks for reading.

What type of vegetables do you put in your jarred salads?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Pakled posted:

I don't like eight because that's probably, in most years, putting a two-loss team that stumbled its way into the playoff on equal footing with an undefeated #1. Giving the higher seeds actual home field advantage (as opposed to their just "natural" bowl) would mitigate that some, but that's never going to happen. As I've said before, if there's expansion I'd prefer to go to six teams, with byes for #1 and #2. A stipulation that #1 and #2 be conference champions (and gently caress Notre Dame) would be fine with me.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

archangelwar posted:

What type of vegetables do you put in your jarred salads?

This is like the first funny thing you've said all season.

Pakled posted:

but but but before too long you'd have 64 team playoffs!

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
I think Tebow is still confused from that hit from Eric Berry.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

nate fisher posted:

Seems to be a natural Van De Graaff generator, as well.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

MourningView posted:

thank you for posting your grandma's e-mail forwards

Between this and weather chat I may need to rebrand this whole thing as a knitting forum to appeal to my base.

WELL I TOLD YOU THE WEATHER WAS BAD AND NOW WE DON'T EVEN GET TO PLAY A GOT DANG GAME SO THERE

Mr_Ruckus
Jul 8, 2008

I think an 8-team playoff is the best choice. Conference champions from each Power-5 conferences, with 3 at-large, with the stipulation that one of the at-larges be a group of 5 team (top ranked out of the group or whatever). I think the best team from those 5 conferences deserves a shot - since the way it's currently setup, they're pretty much hosed out of it no matter what. The other two can be the two top ranked non conference champions. Win your conference, you get in. Miss the chance to play for your conference championship but have an otherwise amazing season, you still have a chance to get in. And the Group of 5 isn't completely left out and has their shot to get in. And if you're Notre Dame, be one of those top 2 non-champion ranked teams to get in.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

fffff posted:

How the hell had I never heard it before

Perhaps you're just confused because you've heard it with another team location in there?

Just like "If God's not a (team with blue and white colors), then why is the sky blue and white?" on bumper stickers all over these great United States of America (in locations with blue and white teams).

If I had my way, we'd have an eight team playoff consisting of the P5 champs getting auto-bids, then the top three highest ranked non-champion teams in the Computer Polls (literally the old BCS formula) regardless of who those three teams are with the caveat that no conference can send more than two teams, and then just to make it spicy there's no seedings. Random bowl assignments.

Sash! fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Nov 22, 2014

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

nate fisher posted:

I have so many conflicting feelings about this picture.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Pakled posted:

Given that adds up to 100% I'm guessing there were no other options presented?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Thoguh posted:

Given that adds up to 100% I'm guessing there were no other options presented?

Probably. Or the others were uncommon enough to be dismissed and disappeared in rounding the numbers off. Like Saban probably opposed the idea of playoffs at all because it cut into recruiting and Spurrier howled something at them before swallowing an entire Mai Tai like a regular person would a shot.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Let me tell you the one about getting the football team to be my pall-bearers.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Deteriorata posted:

Seems to be a natural Van De Graaff generator, as well.

A Plague of Quarterback Keepers

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Declan MacManus posted:

A Plague of Quarterback Keepers

There's a Godbluff joke about Tebow somewhere

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Let me tell you the one about getting the football team to be my pall-bearers.

Then you can do the one about the strange white substance!

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

tactlessbastard posted:

Then you can do the one about the strange white substance!

He isn't an Aggie Fan with a grode jar...

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Henchman of Santa posted:

There's a Godbluff joke about Tebow somewhere

Tim to T who am the only one.

LARGE THE HEAD
Sep 1, 2009

"Competitive greatness is when you play your best against the best."

"Learn as if you were to live forever; live as if you were to die tomorrow."

--John Wooden

Korranus posted:

Looks like Bama's Board of Trustees is loving with UAB football again. This time, they're trying to quietly drop UAB football after 2016. They're not scheduling any out of conference games and the coaching staff's contracts expire in 2016, and on top of that even the president of UAB has admitted there is a feasibility study about keeping football going.

Could be the first of a bunch of G5 teams to leave the market, so to speak.

Late, but Paul Bryant, Jr. is doing UAB a favor and everyone is blind to it.

Of course, the next step will be to dismantle the university so that all that money goes to support Alabama football.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

LARGE THE HEAD posted:

Late, but Paul Bryant, Jr. is doing UAB a favor and everyone is blind to it.

Of course, the next step will be to dismantle the university so that all that money goes to support Alabama football.

No he's not. UAB used to be a powerful basketball program and could be again--however not even Conference USA allows you to be a member without a football team. Losing football means we lose our ability to be an upper level program in any sport and would dramatically cut the revenue of the athletic department.

Basil Hayden
Oct 9, 2012

1921!

Raku posted:

No he's not. UAB used to be a powerful basketball program and could be again--however not even Conference USA allows you to be a member without a football team. Losing football means we lose our ability to be an upper level program in any sport and would dramatically cut the revenue of the athletic department.
I was trying to think of where a hypothetical football-less UAB might end up after being kicked out of C-USA and the best league that I think would actually take them is the Sun Belt. :ohdear:

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

Pakled posted:

gently caress no. 64 team march madness style

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

pillsburysoldier posted:

Arizona State University just had a bunch of food delivered to the FSU Counseling Center
:unsmith: Thanks Sun Devils

Wow, small world. I just told my wife about this she works at ASU Counseling and thought the food was a sweet thing they did even though she's a Gator. :3:

an adult beverage fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Nov 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Thoguh posted:

Gonna take this opportunity to go into a thread from about a month ago when you got real mad that I said you'd end up with 4 or 5 losses and end the season unranked.

haha owned he shouldve just made easily defendable good predictions like Texas BEating THhanskgiving TCU anne frnak faicn rules

• Locked thread