Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
These vaults are going to be pretty neat, looks like. I like the new possession angle, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Yeah, the vault trial music is probably my favourite track in the game, though there is some nice stuff in the second disc as well.

Metroixer
Apr 25, 2009

maddecent

06: bad burger

quote:

A hamburger (also called a beef burger, hamburger sandwich, burger or hamburg) is a sandwich consisting of one or more cooked patties of ground meat, usually beef, placed inside a sliced bun. Hamburgers are often served with lettuce, bacon, tomato, onion, pickles, cheese and condiments such as mustard, mayonnaise, ketchup, relish, and green chile.

Sorry, theres nothing really new in the game that constitutes concept art for this update :v:. In this update we finish the mudanchee vaults. It left a more sour taste in my mouth then I would like to admit. LPing games makes you realize things, I guess.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Judge Tesla posted:

If you are feeling sadistic, and there's a room of Depressed Mudokens, slap one of them, and he'll eventually slap himself to death, which sets off a chain reaction of all the other Depressed Mudokens who will also slap themselves to death, this also applies to Angry Mudokens, hit one, and he lashes out, and if he hits another guy, he'll lash out, and it will carry on until one of them dies.

Then he turns Depressed, and the cycle continues. :v:

My favourite thing is to start a mass slap war. It's easiest with your group of eight friends, you just position them all so they're one space apart then slap one and run. He'll try and slap you back and hit another mudokon and eventually they'll all be hitting each other.

Also, in that mega backtracking room you made it take longer than it had to. You don't need to trap the scrab to get into the well, you can just outrun him which would have saved multiple trips.

SirSamVimes fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Dec 12, 2014

Metroixer
Apr 25, 2009

maddecent

SirSamVimes posted:

Also, in that mega backtracking room you made it take longer than it had to. You don't need to trap the scrab to get into the well, you can just outrun him which would have saved multiple trips.

...poo poo.

Since this update has a cutscene, I gave audioducking a shot. I tried not to make the difference in game volume to jarring when I don't talk. Tell me how it is!

07: bad dog

quote:

The three weirdos are mudokon spirits that call upon Abe to stop the Glukkons. They are already missing limbs due to the removal of their bones from Necrum. They are covered in Mudokon ceremonial paint and headdresses. The headdresses are symbolic of the wildlife that lives on Oddworld. Made from natural tulle fiber and river polished gems the Paramite, Scrab, and Fleech are all part of the ceremonial themes assigned to each one of the Weirdos.

Also, I was torn between using the weirdos image and the one below. I decided to use weirdos since it fits the info, but here's the other choice! This is one of the many posters used to advertise Abe's Exoddus as a feature film. Before the game was released, the cutscenes were played in theaters at select spots. Obviously, it didn't last long, but it resulted in some really cool design.

There are others, but most of them have character spoilers. Many of which will be revealed in the next update.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Metroixer posted:

There are others, but most of them have character spoilers. Many of which will be revealed in the next update.

Holy poo poo, I remember seeing a poster when I was a kid. I wasn't crazy.

Metroixer
Apr 25, 2009

maddecent
Hello. In this update we arrive at feeco depot, and see how things are at the industrialist side of life. Panicking glukkons! Newscaster sligs! Tourist tips! This has it all.

08: bad gas

quote:

We like to think of all machines and architecture as a portion of the character that builds them. The first question we ask ourselves is who built the object and what was their motivation The Glukkon mindset is that at any cost, his wealth and its effects are a tribute to himself. Glukkons possess a massive appetite for fuel and raw resources and their design reflects it. Their objects and environments, if at all possible, are always over-built and extravagant. They belch fumes and smoke and show no regard for the effects on the environment and its inhabitants.

Given the choice, a glukkon would always choose a giant oil-burning beast over something more efficient. Why? Because they can. The train and Feeco Depot are good examples of the production design philosophy that the object represents a character. Its piercing scowl, tethered by a smoke-belching abdomen, and its centipede leg-powered drive train all show attempts to add character to something that could have easily been a simple transportation solution.

Innovacious
Jun 27, 2012

Drink Lucozade to keep your energy maintained!
You mentioned the manual in episode 7. The PC manual at least is available from steam. It may contain spoilers though?.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I love how every single Glukkon is a literal mustache twirling villain, Captain Planet's rogue's gallery would be in awe of these guys.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
How many Glukkons are even on this planet? Like, a dozen, with a fuckton of Sligs and Slogs? There don't seem to be too many.

Also it's kind of neat to see multiple facilities getting liberated by Abe.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

In Munch's Odyssey you find out that there are actually tons of glukkons all over the place with their own hierarchy of corporate exucitve-ness. Certainly there are alot more than appear in the Abe games.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Oddworld is enormous.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Judge Tesla posted:

I love how every single Glukkon is a literal mustache twirling villain, Captain Planet's rogue's gallery would be in awe of these guys.

Especially considering I can't think that any Captain Planet villains would consider turning people (or their remains) into food.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Metroixer
Apr 25, 2009

maddecent

Innovacious posted:

You mentioned the manual in episode 7. The PC manual at least is available from steam. It may contain spoilers though?.

Yep, this is what I was talking about! At this point in the LP, there's only one really spoilery thing in here, and I don't consider it a huge deal reference to the mudokon tear extractors. I leafed through this a lot before bedtimes.

09: bad memory

quote:

The Slig Barracks has never once been used in real military conflict, but has been built up by the cowardly and self-important General Dripik. The Barracks reflect his own need for power and have been built up for years in a haphazard way, temporary structure piled atop temporary structure.Everything has an over-the-top military feel - utilitarian, stripped down with no subtlety whatsoever. The visual "feel" for the Slig Barracks is a cross between a WWI trench encampment and the Berlin Wall. Sandbags, barbed wire, sharpened poles, Slig Lockers, tents, all can be found here in the barracks.

Updates should be back on a weekly basis. I'm mostly saying this just to hold myself to it.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
Just got done watching the last part. Thank you very much for doing this, I was always too scared to play this game as a kid due to it's difficulty, so it's really nice to finally get this closure of what playing the game (and saving everyone) is like.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
I'm sort of surprised that you didn't mention how glukkons have musical feet, when you walk as a glukkon, it makes a note that get continuously higher.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Stephen9001 posted:

I'm sort of surprised that you didn't mention how glukkons have musical feet, when you walk as a glukkon, it makes a note that get continuously higher.

That's because they are walking on their hands, Glukkons have really long arms and comically short legs.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Judge Tesla posted:

That's because they are walking on their hands, Glukkons have really long arms and comically short legs.

Really? huh, well that still doesn't explain the musical notes that happen when they walk.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Judge Tesla posted:

Well that answers all my questions about how glukkons ever built or did anything. :v:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Stephen9001 posted:

Really? huh, well that still doesn't explain the musical notes that happen when they walk.

Because it sounds funny, is all the explanation you'll get for that. :v:

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

Stephen9001 posted:

Its a cartoony sound effect that used to humorously show a slowly slinking along sound effect. They used to use it all the time in things like Loony Tunes. I find it quite charming.

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!
Is this LP still alive?

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I sure hope so! Any new updates in the works Metroixer?

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

So the LP may be dead, but I couldn't think of anywhere else to put this.

Oddworld Industries were happy enough with New 'n' Tasty's sales that they are planning to start working on Abe's Exoddus HD soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Crawfish posted:

So the LP may be dead, but I couldn't think of anywhere else to put this.

Oddworld Industries were happy enough with New 'n' Tasty's sales that they are planning to start working on Abe's Exoddus HD soon.

It was offered free on PS+ a few months back, I know I downloaded it then because of that.

• Locked thread