Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

radical

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

Cthulu Carl posted:

Twenty hundred and a score less six.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Windows 98 posted:

Actually you're a loving imbecile who doesn't know how numbers work. Two thousand and fourteen would mean two different numbers where as two thousand fourteen is one number.

2000 + (and) 14 = 2014

Owned

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I hear they will have flying cars in the year twenty oh oh

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
I'm more bothered by the fact that we still don't have names for the decades that go from 00-09 and 10-19

the aughts and the teens or something :confused:

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Someone corrected my use of Twenty Ten once, she got all rude and pointed out "Two-thousand-and-ten" with a "gently caress you" face on her.

I really wonder how these people survive in the world

Gunky Junket
Oct 30, 2014

by Ralp

give me thread posted:

Hey OP what are you gonna do about it huh? Write an essay sized post?

HEY! That's my job! Don't you start delegating now.. you'll end up putting me out of work.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I thought the proper way(that nobody uses) of pronouncing large numbers was 2512.5 two thousand, five hundred, twelve and five.

The 'and' was reserved for the decimal. At least that's proper British English.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
Don't be difficult.
Just count forward from the birth of the planet, not the birth of some cut-rate prophet.

Currrently posting from the year 4,567,002,014.

• Locked thread