Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
Ronnie Chow

Ronnie nodded, and drew his .38 from under his purple robes. Checking it over quickly to make sure it was loaded and ready, he placed it on the seat beside him, drank some water from his canteen, and scanned what was left of Logan.

"That's one big hole," he said helpfully.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

Troy "Damned" Daniels

Troy grimaced and clicked the safety off on his bike's machine pistol. "Yeah, right. Just through Logan."

He stayed sharp as they crept into the city in their vehicles, careful to avoid any serious debris in the road and keep watch for signs of life. "Anyone know how to drive through this little town?"

Notice: 1d4e4 7 1d6e6 3
Who is riding where, for when in case combat breaks out?

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jan 2, 2015

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Joan of York
Bennies: 4

Riding shotgun, Joan apparently fell asleep slightly, but stirs as people start to chatter about Logan. She looks up, squinting before putting her hand to her brow to block out the sun. She pulls her rifle from the gutter between the seat and door "Would be just too much for a place that looks abandoned to be abandoned, wouldn't it?", she says dryly as she lets her hand sit by the safety... and then leans back a bit. She has to trust in being able to spot trouble, but there's no point being strung too tight every time danger might threaten. On this Earth, you'd end up panicking for the rest of your life.

Notice roll is a 3.

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

Long motorcycle rides and home-made armor do not mix.

Stark tries to keep up with everyone on his sputtering, jittery, jerry-rigged bike. He can feel the grit and grime in his joints and everything is fully lubricated with sweat. "Finally. Hopefully the thing's obviously busted up...we can just take a quick look and be back to Junkyard before too long. This has really reminded me how much fun traveling can be and is making citizenship look mighty fine."

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Daniel Fairborn

"I trust yer instincts Ned. Try reaching under your seat there. Should be a nice pre-war XM-21 on a swivel mount that slides right into the brackets in front of you. Don't have any ammo for it, but the fucker should look scary to anyone looking to cause us trouble" the syker utters with a slight grin as he holds the ATV steady at the head of the convoy. "One of the things I picked up in the military, sometimes just looking like you have lots of firepower is enough to buy you the time you need to bring real firepower to bear... or just to get out of there."

FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!
"Ironhead" Ned Betty

"Ayep," Ned replied with a mildly ornery sidelong glance at Fairborn. "Just 'cause I'm dead don't make me forgetful." Reaching under the seat, he hauled up the old gun and locked the mount into the sidecar.

"drat thing din't do us much good again Chain-Gang Charlie and his old crew, did it?" Ned muttered as he gave the weapon a swivel. "But mayhap it'll have an effect if there's any Black Hats skulking around in them buildings."

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Welcome to Logan

The road leads through the small remains of the town of Logan. Probably wasn't much before the Last War, worth even less now that it got caught in the radius of a MOAB. Most of the buildings are still standing. The biggest one has a crude spraypaint drawing of a book on the walls, marking it as a Librarian headquarters.

The town, like the drive here, is quiet.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Joan of York

"May want to make sure Logan is secure before we move on.", Joan comments as she rests her hands on her rifle. "Or at least not dangerous. Don't need anything at our back when we're looking into a snake hole, after all." There's a momentary tilt of her head to the others as if looking for like minds, but she seems pretty easygoing about it.

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

"I'd be up for a look around. Place like this you can always find something." Stark isn't one for democracy and he's already slowed and started peering into broken windows, eyes out for anything useful.

Can't pass up a good salvage opportunity. Obviously if everyone demands to move on Stark'll submit with some grumbling. Otherwise Notice: _: 1D8 = [2] = 2
1D6 = [3] = 3
. Ugh, I want good stuff. I don't know what the modifiers are but unless that 3 happens to net a success after modifiers I'll spend a benny to reroll, getting _: 1D8 = [6] = 6
1D6 = [2] = 2

FiddlersThree
Mar 13, 2010

Elliot, you IDIOT!
"Ironhead" Ned Betty

As the procession slowed entering Logan, Ned kept his old eyes roving amongst the ruins for any signs of movement, and his hands on the old machine gun mounted before him.

"Yeah," he said in reply to Joan's suggestion. "Can't speak for none of y'all, but I don't much care to get shot in the rear end while we're pokin' around the machine. Let's make sure this ol' mess is clear."

As Stark began to poke around, showing far more interest in what was on the ground rather than what may be lurking behind the walls, Ned raised his voice. "That means we're huntin' scavengers, not scavenger huntin'."

Ned groaned and grunted as he strained unsuccessfully to wrestle his old dead body out of the confines of the sidecar. "Hate this damned thing..." he grumbled. "Gimme a hand outta here, will ya?" Ned asked Fairborn, holding out his arm for a boost.

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Quick question for Oriongates: Is Stark searching for loot while still on his bike, or is he going to get out and look around?

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

Troy "Damned" Daniels

Troy laughs as Stark starts scavenging all over the place, bringing his bike to a stop while he waits. He even draws his sword, though casually, in a "just-in-case" situation. "Lo, there, Stark. Watch that we don't get rolled here while you're diggin' for parts, huh, buddy? I don't much like our backs to a place like this, but the way I figure it we'll spend twice as much time pickin' these ruins apart for horrors as it'll take us to get to that hole an' back. Besides, ain't nobody here. Watch."

With that, Troy turns to the ruined city and shouts, loud as he can. "Hey, anyone home?"

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Joan of York

As the others move in, Joan steps up ahead with her rifle, as if to interpose herself between many of the others and a silence. Her training shouts at her to take more of a covering position, but she's the only one in a bullet-resistant suit. If anybody's going to take a hit, it may as well be her, and so she sweeps intersections ahead, at least being careful and mindful of cover as she goes.

Then, there's a frown to Daniels as he calls out. "You want them to find us first? Were you loving drinking while I was getting some shuteye?", she says, popping the safety on her rifle, finally. "If you want to get us in danger, at least stick out your neck first. rear end." She tenses as she moves, now practically expecting to notice movement in the ruins.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Daniel Fairborn

Hauling Ned out of the sidecars bucket seat, Daniel looks around at the rag-tag group, the stern look on his face putting a noticeable crease on his brow. "Alright, if we do this, we do this by the numbers. We don't have the people or time to search this place room by room, so I want half of us to circle the town once and look for signs of people coming or going. We find any signs, we bug out and plan what to do. If the place looks secure, we can set up camp and the junker can scavenge until nightfall. Tonight, I go check the tunnel for signs of activity. I can see in the dark, don't ask me how. If the tunnel looks safe tonight, we can all go in tomorrow morning and check it out. Everyone understand?"

Sorry for lack of regular posting, had some major stress causing writers block for the past few weeks. I should be more active from here on out.

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Empty Town...?

So as the others start watching out for threats, Stark starts watching out for loot. And what does he see?

So do to the unique nature of Logan, your roll gets a +1, so you end up with 7 for your total. And remind me when you get your Salvage Roll, because you get a +2 to that. But you aren't making Salvage Rolls yet, because...

Terrible Attempt at a Stealth Roll=3, spending one of my Marshall Fate Chips to reroll for ONE.

Screw it, you see the ambush...

As Stark looks around, he spots a rifle barrel! That means a gun, ready for looting! And it's sticking out of a window, and pointing towards him! Wait a second...

INITIATIVE TIME
OpFor 1: Ace Dmd
Troy "Damned" Daniels: King Hrt
Ronnie Chow:Queen Spd
Jeffry "Stark" Conners: 8 Hrt
OpFor 2: 7 Clb
Joan of York: 6 Hrt
Daniel Fairborn: 2 Dmd
"Ironhead" Ned Betty: 3 Club

Combat time. OpFor1 is first, but has done it's thing already - it's not an attack. So Troy, Ronnie and Stark can post (you don't need to post in order, due to being PbP), then OpFor2 goes, then the rest. And you face your opponent: the shittiest of MSPaint Maps:

The gun you see isn't shooting at you - yet.

Dedman Walkin fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jan 19, 2015

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Praise be to the Glow! It's
Ronnie Chow

Ronnie didn't like guns. Sure, he owned a gun, but in the Wasted West, who didn't? Crazy people and dead people, that was who. And while there were plenty who would call him a crazy person, he had no intention of being a dead one. So seeing the blunt snout of a rifle barrel jutting aggressively out of one of the ruined buildings had a had a distinct effect on lowering his mood.
"Look out!" he cried as he ran for cover, before breathing deep, feeling the Glow inside him, the radiation stored deep in his cells, his chakras, and closed his eyes while opening the third one on his forehead.

Activating "Deflect": 1d10e10 5
wild die: 1d4e4 2

Energy boiled around him, almost invisible but for the weird rippling effect it gave off, like the heat-warp of images on a hot plain.

Parry: 2
Toughness 6 (8)
Pace: 6
Power: 13
-2 to be hit from Deflect (3 rounds)

Vulpes Vulpes fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jan 20, 2015

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

Troy "Damned" Daniels

Troy scrambles for cover when the shots start firing, strafing it to put the building between him and the shooters. He tried to find his faith, pulling together some protection for himself, while he does. A short prayer to God between footfalls, though, doesn't get you very far. Then again, shouting out in the middle of a town that houses marauders doesn't exactly lend itself to Godliness...

Deflection: 1d8e8 1 1d6e6 2

Troy's headed left and forward, trying to move around the edge of the building the shooter is posted up in to break line of sight.

PP: 8/10, Pace: 6, Parry: 7, Toughness: 5

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

The Town Explodes

First off, Troy spends a Benny (Benny Count: 3) to reroll his Deflection to avoid Fatigue: Reroll = 7 and 3 so he's got his Deflection going and all attacks against him have -2 for three rounds, just like Ronnie!

As Troy runs to the building and Ronnie hunkers down with the group, guns start firing from the boarded up windows! Whoever is attacking them are smart enough to use cover and concealment.

Except for two goobers who explode out of one of the buildings, and oh dear...

This just can't be good.

GUTS CHECK TIME, so go ahead and make Spirit rolls for Fear.

The good news is five of them can't shoot for poo poo, as they're firing from Medium Range and have a -2 penalty. The bad news is one does hit...Ned. The Damage is 3, so feel free to describe how Ned is too dead for this poo poo. Just a heads up, the shooters in the houses are behind heavy cover, so -4 to hit. The deaders out in the open? They're at Medium Range from where the party is.

So, with the OpFor (plus zombies with guns) done with their turn; Joan, Dan and Ned: how do you react?

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Joan of York

To Troy, Joan says, "For the record, I'm not enjoying you being wrong!", before looking around quickly. Great. Smart dead. Well. Smart-ish. They still decided to gently caress with her, after all. Looking over to Ned, she raises a hand almost darts over towards him, but... he's dead. He can wait while she saw to the living.

Spirit is a 10 between a roll of 6 on the wild die and 4 on the reroll that I forgot to leave in!

"Take care of the shooters to the south side and use the car as cover!", she advises loudly to the others. "Troy! You take the left building to the and I'll..." She trails off as she rushes across the street, looking to just bust in through one of the windows if there's an opening. Time to close in to the shooters, take them off guard. After all, she has a the big suit of armor. Time to put it to use.

She's going to charge the building to the northeast and try and get in. If an Agility roll is necessary, she has a 5.

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Feb 4, 2015

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

You got steel in your belly,
Ronnie Chow?
Guts check!: 1d10e10 4
Guts check! (Wild die edition): 1d6e6 1

:ghost:

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Oof. I'll post what's going on once Ned and Dan post, but since I'm forgetful, the Fear level for Logan is 3. People who've rolled lovely (Ronnie), you can always spend a Benny to reroll, if you want.

EDIT: VVVV Hoo boy. Well, at least when you trigger the "Run Away Screaming" effect on the Fright Table, you still have your Deflection bonus!
Real Talk: It's just a standard Fear check, failing it means you're Shaken and must make a Vigor check to avoid getting a level of Fatigue for the rest of the encounter.

Dedman Walkin fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Feb 3, 2015

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Spending a benny:
Guts check! (Remastered Edition): 1d10e10 4
Guts check! (Remastered Edition, Wild Die DLC): 1d6e6 1

:ghost: :ghost:

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

Troy "Damned" Daniels
Bennies: 4 3 2

Guts: 1d8e8 3 1d6e6 3
Guts: 1d8e8 3 1d6e6 4

I don't know what I'm doing, but here are Guts rolls. I spent a Benny to reroll since I wasn't sure if 6 was enough. If it was, can I have that back?

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

You failed both rolls. Fear Levels act as a penalty to guts checks, so with the town's Fear Level of 3, any Spirit roll to counter it gets a -3 penalty. Since trait die and wild die aren't added together, your roll totals were 3 and 3, and then 3 and 4, and with the -3 penalty none of them are high enough to hit the target number of 4.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Daniel Fairborn

Guts Check: 1d4e4 = 1
Guts Wild Die: 1d6e6 = 10!

The sudden appearance of the black hats send Daniel diving for cover behind his bike as he fumbled his pistol out of the holster, cursing as he wished that the mounted rifle on the sidecar actually had ammo. The undead wouldn't be intimidated by an empty gun, no matter how impressive it looked.

*edit* I fail to do anything! I -really- need to raise my Spirit die.

chin up everything sucks fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Feb 17, 2015

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

FireSight: Where's your Wild Die for the attack?

EDIT: Didn't notice the Natural One for the Fear Check. Unless you want to be Shaken, make a Vigor Roll for avoiding Fatigue, and making a Fright Table check, you can spend a benny.

Via IRC:

Fear Check: 1d4=2, 1d6=3

Vigor Check: 1d6=3, 1d6=4

So you're Shaken, please edit your post. And take a benny because I forgot to bring that up before.

Dedman Walkin fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Feb 6, 2015

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Since he gave me the go-ahead, I'm rolling for Ned's Guts check.

1d6+2 Spirit Check plus WildDie: 10 and 3, so he's good to hoof.

I'll edit this later, but Ned will go shoot at one of the zombies in the open. Once he attacks, new round.

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

I apologize for the long delay, things happened with work. Sound off in the OOC thread if you're still up for playing.

Ned is going to use his move action to take cover, then shoot at one of the zombies in the open.

Firing rifle at med range after drawing it: 1d8 - 4 (-2 multiaction, -2 range) = -3 and 0. Orokos doesn't like Ned.

MEANWHILE: Joan runs up to the building with two firers, and quickly decides the fastest means to enter is through a window not being used as a firing location. Diving through, she sees two zombies with guns shooting at the posse.

With Ned shooting, Round Two is up. Card Draw for Init is:

"Ironhead" Ned Betty: Ace Dmd
Joan of York: Jack Dmd
Daniel Fairborn: 7 Club
Troy "Damned" Daniels: 6 Hrt
Ronnie Chow: 5 Dmd
OpFor 2: 4 Dmd
OpFor 1: 3 Spd
Jeffry "Stark" Conners: 2 Hrt

Will have a updated battlemap up later.

Dedman Walkin fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Feb 19, 2015

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Daniel Fairborn

Via IRC with Dedman_Walkin to witness
[15:15] <FireSight> !roll 1d4
[15:15] <Krysmbot> FireSight, 2 = 2
[15:15] <FireSight> !roll 1d6
[15:15] <Krysmbot> FireSight, 5 = 5

Spirit check passed on the wild die, can take actions next turn

Carefully, Daniel pokes his head around the side of his bike, taking in the undead and their positions. There didn't seem to be too many of them, at least at the moment. "Everyone hold cover! These guys aren't smart, play it by the book." His head ducks back behind the edge of the bike as he looks back down at his gun, checking to make sure the safety was off and that a bullet was in the breach. "At least, if any of these guys know what's in the book. I miss working with professionals..." he mutters to himself quietly.

chin up everything sucks fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Feb 17, 2015

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Updated Battlemap is Up!

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Joan of York

Moving in, Joan moves fast- faster that one might expect for that armor. But as she moves in, there's more crap in the way, and she tries a quick move to try and knock one of the corpses' guns free... but she's sloppy, rushing through the motions. Hopefully, her foes were as creaky and dead as they looked, but... that would be conveniently simple.

Well, at least she has their attention.

Going in to try and disarm Z1 and uh, well, that's a 3. Maybe a bennie will help? The benny does not help, but it's used up anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

Move it, Ronnie Chow!

Bullets. Bullets everywhere. Well, no one said MREs were easy to come by. Ronnie closed his eyes, cleared his mind and took a series of deep breaths.
Okay. Time to haul rear end.
Running to the south building, first window on the left side to see who's shooting.

• Locked thread