Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Arthur Douglas
Fate Points: 5 -> 6/5 | Physical Stress: 1 2 3 4 | Mental Stress: 1 2 3 | Consequences:

Arthur watched a certain Mr. Ryleh bite off Lutwidge's head (metaphorically, thankfully!) and winced. No wonder his daughter was such a free spirit - anyone would want to get out from under this Great Old One's all-seeing (or is that searing?) gaze.

He figures he'll get his turn to banter with the Big Boss of the Ryleh family after they, you know, do their jobs. He takes a swig of coffee as he expands the holo-display, moving to the whiteboard, grimacing and stroking his grey hair.

"Cultists are definitely theatrical types, but we also have to figure that for something like the ritual itself, the crowd they're bringing, how much attention a ritual will bring, both before and after... They've got a flair for drama, but I'm not sure they want attention before they get the ritual -done-. Urgh, this may not be easy..."

Brainstorm! Arthur is an Escaped Sacrifice, so he'd be natural to participate in figuring out the details of this ritual! I'll bid in with my Occult Sciences, and get a... 5. Take the lead, Spacecrab! You've got a fact to establish!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Amaryllis Armitage
Fate Points: 6 / 5

"I still think who'll do it is awfully important, but I admit I got nothing on that.", Amy replies on the link, leaning on the table and then squinting at the book on the display. "If you think your fancy space math can help, though, I'd all ears.", she says, pushing herself up as she folds her arms. "I feel like I've got somethin' that's just out of reach, y'know? Just on the tip of my brain, but..."

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Ruby nods at your theories, but seems most interested in Spacecrab's book. "That... that seems to match up with the stuff we've known Yog cultists to use. Alright, we'll work with that. Any other ideas?"

Spacecrab wins round 1 of the brainstorm!

Victories: 2
Facts: The ritual being used is most likely to be the Gateway of Naming Sojourns

Second fact time - it takes 6 or more to establish a fact this time! Also, you can't contradict Spacecrab's fact. That'd be rude.

---

Jed and Co

It's not hard to spot Sheih Shen - all the up-and-comers are flocking to him.

quote:

Sheh Shien
Aspects: Black Market Prodigy, Rich and Loving It, ???

He hasn't seen you yet - too absorbed with the chintzy hangers-on to look for danger. He's dispensing some pearl of advice to a nerdy-looking kid, and you manage to catch a glimpse of something silvery on his wrist that isn't a watch. The question now is, how do you extract him?

You're given a Boost! Use it wisely...

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Amaryllis Armitage
Fate Points: 6 / 5

Amy leans on the table, and then slaps it. "Well, Yog is associated with the Spheres of the Qliphoth, so that'd mean... what would that mean...?" She folds her arms, thinking as the accent seems to slide out of her voice, raising a finger each time she makes a point, leapfrogging over occult facts. "Yog-Sothoth would be associated with Samael and the perversion of creation, and the rumors that he was worshipped in old Samaria." She blinks, as if coming out of a trance, the Bostonian folding back into her speech. "Well, that's a long shot, y'know, but some think the castration of Samael to prevent him from breeding monsters was just an allegory for the barriers between our world and Yog-Sothoth's. Could be that they're tryin' t'use an old ritual site there?"

Rolling Occult again for a 4, but let's spend a point and invoke Inheritor of the Armitage Legacy to raise it to a 6.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Lutwidge Aspen FP 5+1/5
Phys OOO
Ment OOOO
Mild: On Cthulhu's poo poo List

"Why, thank you, Spacecrab!" Lutwidge nods cheerfully to the space crustacean. "Getting a name on the ritual narrows it down!" He leans on the counter by his laptop and turns to Amaryllis. "So...the act of cutting...? Hmm...the earth...are there any sites in Taiwan associated with clea--no, no, wrong word!" He places his palm to his face. "Cutting! Not cleaving, cutting!" He taps his hands on the table. "Uh...like a fishmonger's! Or an abattoir or meatpacking district! Something!"

Somewhere on the map? (Science): 4dF+3 1

Cthulhu's stare is still shaking him. "Argh, nothing's coming to mind...!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Jed Raspers
FP 5/5
Phys OOO
Ment OOO

And there he is, Jed spots their target. With Sheh bullshitting with others, it should be easy to sneak up to him. With guards and security about, Jed quickly works a plan - ply the bullshit to get Sheh to think he's a potential customer, ask if he's like a private demonstration to get him away from the crowd, then grab him by the neck and shake until information comes out.

Jed quietly saunters over closer to Sheh, listening to his talk - and wondering about that silver thing on his wrist...

Will name my boost later, probably something private-eye-like like I See Everything or something.

• Locked thread