Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bible
May 8, 2010

a starwar betamax posted:

no her and her baby lounged about the hospital for 4 months... i think in canada they call this 'holiday'... and never thoght to ask how much of a bill this was racking up.

They mistakenly believed they were in a 1st World country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

TOILETLORD posted:

president carter was the first president born in a hospital. just go back to using bath tubs or someone post the picture of the family in the hot tub the lady gave birth in.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
Americans exist to get gangbanged in every orifice by corporations. They suffer endlessly so spreadsheets can dictate the world. They resist this acknowledgment and are brainless cheerleaders for guzzling whatever billionaires poo poo out.

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014

Melmac posted:

Yes, you can do this.

You can also open up fake bank accounts, bounce checks, you can also make photocopies of driver's licenses and drive!

My smug point is that yes you can do it but it is considered fraud/illegal.

this guys a narc!!!

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
If its such a first world country why doesn't it lift its mighty hand across the border and also the ocean and pay her bill :smugdog:

Charles Bronson
Sep 16, 2010
I got sued when I was 23 years old for my unpaid medical bills. I told them I had no money and got to settle for like $160. It was great. Just don't pay your medical bills.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

you irl posted:

it doesn't matter if the hospital bills you a million dollars or a billion it's not like anybody has ever paid one of those bills

just dont pay it, they'll keep reducing the cost and you keep ignoring it and eventually they'll sell it to a debt collector. mail them that form that says they can't bother you and ignore it. it'll come off your credit report in 7 years and then it's like it never happened. they ain't gonna take you to court and garnish your wages over a made up number

Hey idiots this is correct

Charles Bronson posted:

I got sued when I was 23 years old for my unpaid medical bills. I told them I had no money and got to settle for like $160. It was great. Just don't pay your medical bills.

This too

Moosechees
Jun 1, 2002

rawr

mookface posted:

Travel insurance is cheap as gently caress and you are covered for a lot
A few months ago I paid $800 for a month of super high-quality travel health insurance for my family while in America. Got to America and had to take my three year old daughter to the hospital for a UTI. The insurance pre-approved the visit and told us where to go. While there, the hospital gave her an unnecessary x-ray, and we spent about an hour in the hospital total.

After returning home, we got a bill for like $5,000, because despite having spoken to the insurance company on the phone twice, they still couldn't figure out how to bill it and tried to get the money from us.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Moosechees posted:

A few months ago I paid $800 for a month of super high-quality travel health insurance for my family while in America. Got to America and had to take my three year old daughter to the hospital for a UTI. The insurance pre-approved the visit and told us where to go. While there, the hospital gave her an unnecessary x-ray, and we spent about an hour in the hospital total.

After returning home, we got a bill for like $5,000, because despite having spoken to the insurance company on the phone twice, they still couldn't figure out how to bill it and tried to get the money from us.

So basically foreign insurance companies are even sneakier little bastards than american ones?

Unknowable Hole
Feb 2, 2005

Pillbug
I went to Canada and bought a bunch of weed while I was there, it was pretty great because I got some extra weed for my money because us dollars are with like 10 cents more but it adds up, thanks Canada.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I went to Australia and cut my foot while snorkeling and had to get it cleaned and patched up. Doctor worked on me for like 45 mins and gave me a ton of supplies and told me to have a nice day. Total bill $0 AUD.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
So in America, can I just not pay my medical bills? And when they call I can say, nope I don't have money?

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012

Charles Bronson posted:

Yeah, but if you're older and own a home or something they might put a lien on your assets and go for the full amount. I don't know how often that happens, but I'm pretty sure at least some of the time.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

jarjarbinksfan621 with hot home ownership tips

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Moosechees posted:

you didnt pay i hope

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

jarjarbinksfan621 posted:

Yeah, but if you're older and own a home or something they might put a lien on your assets and go for the full amount. I don't know how often that happens, but I'm pretty sure at least some of the time.

It does happen, I know this is a joke forum but this poo poo can seriously ruin your life and it's not an option to "ignore it". It's one of the reasons I left the medical industry. Couldn't be part of this anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biggie Shorty
Oct 8, 2008
420 own canadians errry day

• Locked thread