Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

Nathilus posted:

Aquarion does the same thing better with gattai and WAY more orgasms. And Aquarion Gendo is cool as poo poo. He's crazy as gently caress and spends his time giving bizarre lessons like "real warriors dont wear shoes" and, "space arrows pointing in three directions equals space light cube equals UNLIMITED POWER." Finally, the protagonist was a dog in his previous life but levelled up to human cuz he was a chill fukkin dog.

You're saying the guy who cloned his wife as a teenager and has her killed multiple times and built a robot for his son to pilot that is inhabited by the soul of his dead wife is not crazy enough for you?
Also dude spent like 15 years to bring about the end of humanity as we know it because he misses his dead wife.

* hides mouth behind folded hands, glasses reflect ambient light*

E: Also a step forward into terror is the only eva song that matters.

NihilismNow fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Nov 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Das Boo posted:

People describing it as "psychoanalytic" really hits home the reason I hated this series so much: Freud was an rear end in a top hat pervert who set back the stage of psychology by fifty years with his self-projected predatory bullshit.

that should make you like it, since the show appears to be about the author resolving his issues through psychoanalysis but is actually about how psychoanalysis is destroying him

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

NihilismNow posted:

E: Also a step forward into terror is the only eva song that matters.

This is the most hosed-up thing said in the thread; Sagisu is part of why Eva is so good. His work is way better in the original series compared to Rebuild, though, considering that he was more concerned with aping 60s and 70s television soundtracks than making his older work fit with the dumb sound of modern Hollywood. The Anthem in particular is really bad compared to the original New Nautilus theme.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
Ok i also like the Eva song "Air on a G string"

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
The scene in 2.22 when Unit 01 crushes Asuka's pod in its teeth was the most intense for me. Def some powerful emotions there.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

NihilismNow posted:

Ok i also like the Eva song "Air on a G string"

they're all good man

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

ya, Sahaquiel is my favourite fight. This sequence is almost a shot-for-shot remake of the original 1995 version with WAY better animation//effects.

The fight scenes are kind of bad in 2 and really poo poo in 3. They turned all the monsters into rubbery snakes, it's like a 50's Silly Symphony. The clumsy lumbering fights in the series and EoE are way more effective.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

I'll agree with the angels in 3.0 being weaksauce; I still have no idea what's going on once Eva Mark.06 awakens and the 12th angel pops out. I really like the fight beforehand, though.

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Applewhite posted:

The scene in 2.22 when Unit 01 crushes Asuka's pod in its teeth was the most intense for me. Def some powerful emotions there.

:agreed:

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Das Boo posted:

People describing it as "psychoanalytic" really hits home the reason I hated this series so much: Freud was an rear end in a top hat pervert who set back the stage of psychology by fifty years with his self-projected predatory bullshit.

you hate the series because you are an idiot

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Das Boo posted:

it's about a kid who has an emotional implosion when confronted with the real world and retreats into the comfort of an anime harem

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

icantfindaname posted:

it's about a kid who has an emotional implosion when confronted with the real world and retreats into the comfort of an anime harem

the 2d conundrum of being stuck between a boob and a soft place is indeed challenging. do you find it odd that the moebius loop lacks cleavage?

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

NihilismNow posted:

You're saying the guy who cloned his wife as a teenager and has her killed multiple times and built a robot for his son to pilot that is inhabited by the soul of his dead wife is not crazy enough for you?
Also dude spent like 15 years to bring about the end of humanity as we know it because he misses his dead wife.

* hides mouth behind folded hands, glasses reflect ambient light*

Aquarion-Gendo is good crazy rather than scary, hosed up crazy. he doesnt gotta do any weird science because the most powerful artifact in creation already legit belongs to him. all hes gotta do is find triads of kids that dont mind orgasming together, throw them inside the machine, and watch the magic happen while giving extremely cryptic lessons. And the kids are all fine with this. as opposed to...

Brexit the Frog
Aug 22, 2013

why the gently caress is the TV series still out of print

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

anime is blood

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

icantfindaname posted:

hm and yet even in his escapist harem/mecha fantasy the best comfort he can manage is whacking off on a hospitalized girl. maybe nge is really about goons all along

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Rusty Staub posted:

because all the worthwhile staff members left Gainax and they need to wring as much money out of the IP as possible

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Rusty Staub posted:

The rights to the international release are presumably still in the hands of ADV Films. Give them to Funimation already, jeez.

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Leroy Dennui posted:

The rights to the international release are presumably still in the hands of ADV Films. Give them to Funimation already, jeez.

hmmmm, there is some bait on this line. and i is a fish. let me feel around this worm/cricket/piece of government cheese with my four fingers and opposable thumb thoroughly. there might be some kind of hook, or snare, or catch to this.

hey, downstairs neighbor!

my wifi isn't for torrenting readily available anime!

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

Tsinava posted:

NGE was a weird-rear end anime.

I hated how it nerfed the bounty hunter and dancing became useless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Captain Candiru posted:

I hated how it nerfed the bounty hunter and dancing became useless.

i hate you for making perfect sense using a frayed strand of context

• Locked thread