Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Laptop: Dell Inspiron 3537
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 M265X
Recent changes: Reinstalling and using the Catalyst Control Center. A series of unusually hot days.

Problem: I'm having severe and hard to pinpoint issues with my graphics card connected to my games. Outside of them, it seems to be working fine, but when running a game, I get serious textural issues, including characters clipping through themselves and the ground being transparent in places. Here's a screenshot from League of Legends, where I first noticed this issue:

As you can see, one of the character's weapons is clipping through his head, while large portions of the ground are transparent.

This bug is also affecting Dota 2 and possibly any video game software that requires 3D graphics. The graphical issues seem to vary from game to game - in Dota, the entire map is unusually dark and character models don't display properly.

I'm also getting a more well-known bug connected to running some applications in full-screen, but this can be worked around so I'm less concerned with it.

Attempted fixes: I've reset my graphics card to factory settings, which seems to fix the problem once; but on the next running attempt, the graphical issues return. I also tried using the in-client repair function which didn't do anything. Since this is a pre-built laptop, I'm wary about attempting to open it up and see what's going on inside.

I'd greatly appreciate any help in resolving this issue!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf
Try a clean uninstall of the video drivers and reinstall the latest. If that doesn't work try rolling back to a previous driver revision.

• Locked thread