Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I died a LOT on the stupid disappearing book platform part, it was annoying as hell. King Knight was a total chump though, even I got him on my first attempt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I died a LOT on the stupid disappearing book platform part, it was annoying as hell. King Knight was a total chump though, even I got him on my first attempt.
When I first encountered that section, I had horrible flashbacks to Heatman's stage. Thankfully, it's not actually that bad, so even though I died a couple times (those loving mice are murder), I never felt like it was super bullshit. Every time I died, I always just felt like "well, at least I knew what I was supposed to do next".

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I like this LP so far. I do know quite a lot about this game and managed to 100% it so it's nice to see that you haven't skipped any major secrets yet. Stuff like that cna be infuriating.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I plan to go back to every major secret I missed in a bonus video. This will consist 90% of music sheets that I didn't feel like looking up the location of.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

The books were weird for me, first time round I breezed through them but every time I've gone back to grind Pridemoor Keep* since then they've messed me up.

* sure, if you're good at the game you end up with far more treasure than you need. I am not good at the game.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I was wildly varying at the game.

My platforming and timing skills completely shut down around the end of the game, I think the first screen of one particular late level killed me more than everything else combined despite my knowing exactly what I should have been doing and having plenty of time to do it.

"Okay, now I do X to succeed, easy... Why the gently caress did I just stand there like an idiot for the 12th time :saddowns:"

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Oh, hey, I have an LP I'm supposed to be updating! Forgive the lovely audio editing, I got caught in one of those "it's been so long since I updated" negative feedback loops and the only way to break out of it was to get prodded enough to just hurry up and finish the loving thing.

Notable Songs: La Danse Macabre, The Apparition
Obtained Feats (9/45): No new ones this time. (I think?)

Featuring 100 HOGS AGREE and Jenner as guest commentators!

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Feb 5, 2015

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
About drat time :argh:

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I can personally attest to Jenner's qualifications as a master of digging.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
I am sure we can believe scruffy, he is entirely trustworthy in all things.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Glad to see this back :).

I don't know for certain, but I don't think the secret you missed was a music sheet, since you picked up two other sheets during the level and IIRC most of the levels only have two? (one for the level music, one for the boss).

HomestarCanter
Oct 21, 2008

Strong Bad,
you're a horse's twees.
I really like how this game looks and how you are showing it off. Might I suggest resizing the video (2x nearest neighbor, preferably), or recording at a higher resolution before you send it to youtube, so that you enable the 720p60 mode? From what I've seen so far, the internal frame rate and pixel graphics could benefit from the higher quality compression and smoother frame rate that setting allows. It also increases the audio bitrate.

Just my two cents on polishing an already entertaining LP.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like how Spectre Knight's boss gimmick just kind of flows from his stage, including him effectively teleporting under cover of darkness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Hey remember how the soundtrack in this game is loving awesome?
Well yeah, the soundtrack for this game is loving awesome.

• Locked thread