Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

I'm an rear end man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Sir John Feelgood posted:

I'm an rear end man.

Stockholm Syndrome
Mar 30, 2010

I'm an rear end man.

Congrats on your enlightenment, rear end man.

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I tried acid once and it didnt do poo poo

Buddha.
Sep 24, 2007

"Have compassion for all beings, rich and poor alike; each has their suffering. Some suffer too much, others too little."
College Slice

Hexel posted:

I tried acid once and it didnt do poo poo

you probably didn't take enough or any at all

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
yr an rear end man but i'm an rear end, man

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Butter is way better than margarine. See through the bullshit.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

Buddha. posted:

you probably didn't take enough or any at all

yeah you got ripped off with weak/fake lsd

which honestly is better than than getting whatever nbome/other poo poo is being sold as acid

heard al-lad is cool tho

Gunky Junket
Oct 30, 2014

by Ralp

I'm an rear end man.

Just for clarification purposes, do you mean that as in:

A) Which do you prefer; tits or rear end? I'm an rear end man.

B) Which do you prefer; men or women? I'm an rear end man.

C) Are you a good or bad person? I'm an rear end, man.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

all i learned from acid is that concrete is like really hard and solid

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Fandyien posted:

all i learned from acid is that concrete is like really hard and solid

i learned that popcorn ceilings kind of undulate if you stare at them hard enough regardless of whether youre still tripping or not

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Dropping acid and playing UT99 demo in 1999 was fun. Checkerboard skies, time slowing while playing pool, and crazy christmas decorations.

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
did u find the timeless space? who did u meet? trip-sitters can become famous people.

did u drool? were u able to astrally bilocate?

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Did you experience oneness with the universe, and remember the primordial ocean of life from which you emerged out of and will one day return? Did you achieve peace in life and know that death is an illusion?

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

No, I just learned that I'm an rear end man.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Enlightenment.

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
one time I was on lsd and wandering around a neighborhood in the middle of the night, god wrote the secrets of the universe in the fog for me but lol I suck at algebra.

NEXT TIME USE WORDS OR PICTURES, ASSBAG.

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014
When I took acid I asked a woman at a bus stop what she was waiting for. She said "number 46 bus" and I was all "No no no, what are you WAITING FOR?!" And apologised and explained that I was very drunk and not making sense. I then watched Star Wars and I started laughing because it was a film about a bunch of guys in bath robes loving around the desert in the 70's saying garbage lines. I then realised the root cause of all my problems and wrote them down. They actually made a lot of sense the next day.

Acid is amazing.

I was always an rear end man, but I was always afraid to admit it. I dated a girl with rocking tits for years and felt like I had to be a breast man. Nowadays, I am with a yoga girl and wondering what the hell I have been doing all my life. Some girls are born with small tits and some with tits far to big for one man alone. The rear end is the equaliser. All girls have the potential for a great rear end and depending on how your tastes run, you might like a flabby booty that looks like a St. Bernard running in slow motion when you pound it. Me, I like resonance when I lay my hands on a fine rear end. Like touching a bass speaker that is playing a Barry White song about loving

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvTpEoi0tzE

Lonos Oboe fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Nov 20, 2014

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

you were always assistant manager of something at any point in time.

please elaborate on the context, and include anecdotal support in the form of a trip summary to legitimize your proposals

woon socket
Sep 30, 2011

by XyloJW
:rolleyes:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Nov 21, 2014

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Did you experience oneness with the universe, and remember the primordial ocean of life from which you emerged out of and will one day return? Did you achieve peace in life and know that death is an illusion?

BB: how certain are you that the awareness of death being an illusion is not itself an illusion brought on by taking a hallucinatory drug?

I saw the source too, but I'm always taken by the possibility that it's simply an incredibly comforting archetype that people are likely to manifest through wishful thinking.

Both seem possible.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

The Protagonist posted:

BB: how certain are you that the awareness of death being an illusion is not itself an illusion brought on by taking a hallucinatory drug?

I saw the source too, but I'm always taken by the possibility that it's simply an incredibly comforting archetype that people are likely to manifest through wishful thinking.

Both seem possible.

True, but none of my thinking on acid was particularly "wishful". It's possible, but after I had that experience I got interested in Buddhism and Hinduism and found that similar experiences existed there. In fact, the history of psychedellics and meditative trances and altered states of consciousness have so many similarities in the experience that it makes for rather good evidence. You could argue that it's all just anecdotal or whatever, and a lot of hard-minded science nerds will do that, but I don't think you can simply ignore human experiences that are similar regardless of the cultural context they exist within.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

I didn't mean to use wishful in any sort of derisive sense, it just strikes me as an incredibly seductive idea for a race of beings that are aware of their own mortality.

Or rather than seductive, it's something thats a natural desire for mortal beings. It's not surprising then that these experiences have meshed into common threads in different religions.

As convincing as the experience can be, I'm still torn about 50/50...having a vision doesn't necessarily mean the vision must be true.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

The Protagonist posted:

I didn't mean to use wishful in any sort of derisive sense, it just strikes me as an incredibly seductive idea for a race of beings that are aware of their own mortality.

Or rather than seductive, it's something thats a natural desire for mortal beings. It's not surprising then that these experiences have meshed into common threads in different religions.

As convincing as the experience can be, I'm still torn about 50/50...having a vision doesn't necessarily mean the vision must be true.

Well, if you become nothing when you die, and you were nothing before you were born, then doesn't it stand to reason that from nothing comes something? Where did you come from at all? What have you forgotten?

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

The Protagonist posted:

Both seem possible.

it was hallucinogenic unless it was merely a hallucination.

precursory feelschat: how was your day before u became so certain u were the assman?

i literally met lucifer. he was trying to manufacture a wmd using a pump and a water bottle.

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Well, if you become nothing when you die, and you were nothing before you were born, then doesn't it stand to reason that from nothing comes something? Where did you come from at all? What have you forgotten?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spontaneous_generation

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Our bodies are given form from the midst of nothingness. Existing where there is nothing is the meaning of the phrase "Form is emptiness." That all things are provided for by nothingness is the meaning of the phrase, "Emptiness is form." One should not think that these are two separate. - The Hagakure

Zidrooner
Jul 20, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Protagonist posted:

What's wrong with getting enjoyment out of the possibility that we might not be so mortal? It's not like you can claim to be 100% sure death is the end which might very well be the case, but is it any different from those who find comfort in the idea that technology might become so advanced before they get old that it might allow them to avoid death entirely?

People also have visions of the universe being a computer simulation from which you can wake up or of the afterlife being nothing but a black void of nothingness forever, and it's only natural to have overwhelmingly emotional reactions when a drug makes you experience any of these ideas as if they were reality. Being faced with your own mortality, whether experienced as a joyful or frightening sensation, is nonetheless a strong motivator for people to get their poo poo together and stop failing at life.

This is why some psychedelics such as LSD, ibogaine and others are known to sometimes cure alcoholism or other addictions. Nobody wants to die having done nothing in life but gently caress up. It's also why they should be legal, since they empower people to better their lives, and it's also why they're illegal: they are a threat to traditional power structures. Good luck getting a population of LSD-users to fight in a war!

VVV thanks for the formatting advice

Zidrooner fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Nov 20, 2014

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Zidrooner posted:

What's wrong with getting enjoyment out of the possibility that we might not be so mortal?

Nothing at all, I'm just interested in the truth of it. We must temper our enthusiasm to make the jump from a relevatory personal experience to the unshakable certainty of the experiencing reflecting an as yet unproven and undetected facet of reality.

If you'd used more line breaks I probably would have read more than the first and last line, but I agree with the last line fo sho

I don't buy into the notion that we were nothing and become nothing. Prior to birth the parts that would compose our form existed, as they do after our demise. The form, the pattern that is us is undeniably transient.

So we regress to a quandary which has no certain answer: is the brain an 'antenna' for consciousness or a generator of it?

I've seen no compelling evidence for the former outside of altered states, but plenty of evidence for the latter.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
The important thing to remember about life and death and mortality is i'm gay

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Zidrooner posted:

What's wrong with getting enjoyment out of the possibility that we might not be so mortal? It's not like you can claim to be 100% sure death is the end which might very well be the case, but is it any different from those who find comfort in the idea that technology might become so advanced before they get old that it might allow them to avoid death entirely?

People also have visions of the universe being a computer simulation from which you can wake up or of the afterlife being nothing but a black void of nothingness forever, and it's only natural to have overwhelmingly emotional reactions when a drug makes you experience any of these ideas as if they were reality. Being faced with your own mortality, whether experienced as a joyful or frightening sensation, is nonetheless a strong motivator for people to get their poo poo together and stop failing at life.

This is why some psychedelics such as LSD, ibogaine and others are known to sometimes cure alcoholism or other addictions. Nobody wants to die having done nothing in life but gently caress up. It's also why they should be legal, since they empower people to better their lives, and it's also why they're illegal: they are a threat to traditional power structures. Good luck getting a population of LSD-users to fight in a war!

VVV thanks for the formatting advice

this is a good post, but i think lsd should still be somewhat hard to find, thus requiring dedication and effort. if life were a bowl of cherries, why would anyone cast aside the meat in seeking out the pit?

e: i couldn't reach the word "determination", so i substituted "dedication"

Izumi Konata fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Nov 20, 2014

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The important thing to remember about life and death and mortality is i'm gay

:chord::mmmhmm:

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
every time i take acid all i can think about is how everything is really silly and pointless and there's no reason to ever get worked up about anything

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Death comes for us all..the only illusion is the thought that we can prepare for it somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

every time i take acid all i can think about is how everything is really silly and pointless and there's no reason to ever get worked up about anything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxIyMhOu_ZE

• Locked thread