Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Octy posted:

No, duelling has been pretty illegal for a very long time. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duel#Changing_attitudes

Probably beaten. This thread got to 3 pages quickly.

make it legal for only lawyers to duel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
"illegal" in the way that its illegal to smoke weed. you might get busted by a cop whos having a bad day but you could also get away with doing it in the park in a lot of places

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

or just in a back yard

thats what me and the guys from the panzer corps reenactment group do anyway

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Earwicker posted:

or just in a back yard

thats what me and the guys from the girls und panzer reenactment group do anyway

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

IRONKNUCKLE PERMA-BANNED! CHALLENGES LIBERALS TO 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE! READ HERE
Because of activist Liberal judges.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
im also vary good at duels of the planeswalkers to say the least im p good at dueling in general

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

Iamblikhos posted:

Because of activist Liberal judges.

sometimes i wish thoese jokers would "act" like real judges every once and a while am i right

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
your ironic badposting is just bad ild

sorry to have to be the one to tell you this honestly it's not normally my job

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:
Just go to Florida, no witnesses, and the winner claims self defense. Duel away.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
i did something dumb

The 5th Foid
Nov 22, 2014

by Ralp
tane

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
It killed a lot ruling class white guys so they had to ban it.

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:
Or go to Texas, but one person has to be dressed as some whore who took the others' money but didn't gently caress him.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
fight me irl op

Sidecrab
Jul 16, 2012

When self driving cars arrive dueling is going to make a comeback as more people see themselves as gentleman who don't have to stoop to manual labour

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp

The Protagonist posted:

ok first of all yall need to duel now, and secondly i'll be his second bec its not fair to expect 100% from a poster all the time so uh choose your weopan bitch

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

old rear end duelling pistols had poo poo for accuracy tho, these days duels would just end up in both guys dead. which might be a win for society.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

fanged wang posted:

ok first of all yall need to duel now, and secondly i'll be his second bec its not fair to expect 100% from a poster all the time so uh choose your weopan bitch

Well, I'll be the protagonist's second because not only idl's posting is bad but he also always makes 2 posts in a row making it twice as bad

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I don't know what OP is talking about, several states have Stand Your Ground laws

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The Protagonist posted:

actually his ironic badposting is some of the better on these forums, and he has made me smile on many occassions

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
also double posting is a high-tier technique

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

FirstPersonShitter posted:

old rear end duelling pistols had poo poo for accuracy tho, these days duels would just end up in both guys dead. which might be a win for society.

Yeah but medical treatment's improved a lot so if it's just pistol caliber bullets, short of getting hit in the brain or the heart or something a single shot's probably survivable. Take the sights off and make them point shoot if you want to up that a bit

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Sidecrab posted:

When self driving cars arrive dueling is going to make a comeback as more people see themselves as gentleman who don't have to stoop to manual labour

imo when self driving cars arrive we should go back to jousting. using said self driving cars

Sidecrab
Jul 16, 2012

chivalric tourneys with blunt weapons were also baller

joxxuh
May 20, 2011

krampster2 posted:

I also wish everyone would just wear fedoras again, hold doors open for women and call them "m'lady"

I would gladly don my fedora and take part in a duel against another gentlemen for the hand of a fair maiden because swag is for boys and class is for men.

joxxuh
May 20, 2011

Dick Fagballzson posted:

How gentlemen settled disputes in more civilized times

:goonsay:

joxxuh
May 20, 2011

Snak posted:

please. This is a much more elegant solution:

joxxuh
May 20, 2011

Professor Awesome posted:

Contenders/Encores rock, everyone should buy one and make OPs dream come true

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp

stfu nerd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

texaholic posted:

Let's be serious the banks would hire some psychopath ex military commando, who would murder everyone.

Snak posted:

Yeah since corporations are people, when you challenge someone to a duel who just works somewhere, their corporate duelist shows up.

This thread's actually shaping into a pretty badass near-future sci-fi movie premise.

• Locked thread