Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
open container
Sep 16, 2008
I'd rather have minimalist shoes with a low heel-toe drop than high heels (ordinary shoes/boots) with arch supports.

Stretch your quads and hamstrings often. When you stretch your hamstrings do waiter's bows, do not arch your back/try to touch toes.

I'm willing to bet the biggest problem though is that your butt muscles are hilariously weak and other muscles are compensating and throwing everything out of whack. Do bridge and and deadlifts to strengthen the butt.

Prone cobras are good for lower back and ab wheel rollouts are great for abs and general core stabilization.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i get really bad shin splints any tups for me, huh, seems like a bigger problem iyrtai, iyam

open container
Sep 16, 2008

lonesomedwarf posted:

i get really bad shin splints any tups for me, huh, seems like a bigger problem iyrtai, iyam

Don't run so much.

Toys For Twats
Sep 30, 2007
One awesome dude
lol at people giving me lifting tips, i deadlift more than any of you.

open container
Sep 16, 2008

cabbagedude posted:

To be fair usually people that can deadlift well don't have too much trouble standing.

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012
[quote="cabbagedude" post="438000875"]
[/qoute]

maybe your inhumane muscle mass is putting stress on your feeyt op, drop down to a twink like size and see if that helps.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

cabbagedude posted:

Please don't lie to us.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

He's 6'7" why on earth would he ever need to lie?

Sidecrab
Jul 16, 2012

Be greatful, medical evidence shows high corellation between standing and life expectancy

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
HAha you dumb motherfucker, I have never stood up in my life.

Queen Gnome
Jul 30, 2006

Her Lawnliness
Walk. A lot.
Had this problem when I was working as a waitress in college. Good shoes and a inserts are also a must!

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Curious: I see a lot of pharmacists stand on padded mats. Do those actually help? I mean, you are still on your hard shoes. The mat is not padding your foot, it is padding the bottom of your shoe.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

GORDON posted:

Curious: I see a lot of pharmacists stand on padded mats. Do those actually help? I mean, you are still on your hard shoes. The mat is not padding your foot, it is padding the bottom of your shoe.

This is like saying that jumping of a six foot ledge and onto a thirty inch foam mattress won't help because the mattress isn't inside your shoes.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

GORDON posted:

better to just train your feet walking running bare foot a bunch.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

TOILETLORD posted:

better to just train your feet walking running bare foot a bunch.

agreed, toiletlord.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Minimalist Program posted:

This is like saying that jumping of a six foot ledge and onto a thirty inch foam mattress won't help because the mattress isn't inside your shoes.

If standing still were equivalent to a 6 foot drop, then I would agree with you.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

GORDON posted:

If standing still were equivalent to a 6 foot drop, then I would agree with you.

I don't care if you agree with me you tard.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Minimalist Program posted:

I don't care if you agree with me you tard.

I didn't care what you agreed with long before you did.

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck
Change your socks halfway through your shift. It's all about taking care of your feet.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Illegal Carrot posted:

make sure you're stance is balanced and that you're not putting too much weight on your heels.

standing for long periods of time sucks, but becomes much more manageable when you can break it up with a bit of walking, and remember to sit and rest your feet whenever you can.

in a warehouse you probably have to wear boots or something, but crocs + socks is the ultimate 'stand + walk for long periods of time without break' footwear.

Ah if only they made steel toed crocs

GORDON posted:

I've spent a lot of time standing on those and they're honest to god incredible. They make my whole body feel the results of standing less. My hips, back, and shoulders end up less sore, somehow.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

The-Mole posted:

I've spent a lot of time standing on those and they're honest to god incredible. They make my whole body feel the results of standing less. My hips, back, and shoulders end up less sore, somehow.

I wonder if they just reduce the microimpacts of shifting your weight from foot to foot over long periods of time, or something.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

cabbagedude posted:

And yet you're still bad at standing, a basic instinctual human ability

wwweh
Apr 3, 2012
Crawl on the floor with your luggage on your back.

Toys For Twats
Sep 30, 2007
One awesome dude
Having tried all the tips in this thread, crawling barefoot has proven most effective if not very popular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Voted Worst Mom posted:

Lol if you don't subconsciously levitate

floating as i post this. i call it floasting

• Locked thread