Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ulkhaul
Sep 24, 2002

This is my broomstick!
Problem description: On the "starting windows" screen I get a BSOD. It's a 0x116 TDR error. After getting BSOD the first time, I tried a few things and then gave up since it was late. It actually booted to normal windows mode the next day, but went BSOD the next time I tried to start up, and that's all I've known since. It boots fine to safe mode.

Attempted fixes: I've run the startup repair, memtest, and I've done the system restore. I've tried booting after reverting to an old driver, and booting after using a newly installed driver, and still BSOD. I've checked the power cords, and the fan on the card, and that's all good. I've not contacted nvidia or EVGA, and most of what I saw when researching was that neither are terribly helpful with this particular type of issue. Everything seems to be pointing to the video card, but it doesn't seem to be overheating, and it's getting plenty of power. I've tried just about everything I can think of so I appreciate any suggestions.

Recent changes: Other than installing a fancy gaming mouse, I've not made any recent changes.

--

Operating system: 64bit Windows 7

System specs:
EVGA E758-A1 3-Way SLI (x16/x16/x8) LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield Quad-Core 2.66GHz LGA 1366 130W Processor BX80601920
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory
KINGWIN LZP-1000 1000W ATX 12V v2.2, EPS 12V v2.91, and SSI EPS 12V v2.92 SLI CrossFire 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

My currently installed nvidia driver is 344.48
The most recent driver available (I think) is 344.75

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Ulkhaul fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Nov 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Run DDU: http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/ and then install the latest beta drivers for the card and see if that helps at all.

Also, what kind of PSU are you using?

Ulkhaul
Sep 24, 2002

This is my broomstick!

Zogo posted:

Run DDU: http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/ and then install the latest beta drivers for the card and see if that helps at all.

Also, what kind of PSU are you using?

Thank you for the suggestion, I'll give that a try tomorrow. I've updated the OP with the PSU

• Locked thread