Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Jurgan posted:

If that's the case, and it's so easy to hide from the Empire, then why does everyone get so mad when it turns out lots of other Jedi successfully went into hiding?

because there probably wasn't a lot of them to begin with so they know which ones they killed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I was playing the Revenge of the Sith PS2 hack'n'slasher. There's a pretty cool moment in the level where you fight Serra Keto and Cin Drallig where you end up fighting them in a Jedi training room with narrated holograms. If you slash the holograms up during the fight, the speech patterns get corrupted and bastardize the Jedi Code into something akin to the Sith.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Germstore posted:

"We're all here to decide if the Star Wars Extended Universe remains canon. This could take a while."

"Zombies. The EU has zombies."

"EU is out. I guess everyone can go home early today."
Zombies are still canon since they show up in the Clone Wars cartoon.

:suicide:

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

The new movies barely acknowledge the prequels, they aren't going to give a poo poo about contradicting any plot points in the dumb cartoon. It's "canon" in that Disney can use it for video games and action figures.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

quote:

Personality and traits
As a stormtrooper, TK-119 was totally loyal to Emperor Palpatine. He unquestioningly followed orders, and was willing to sacrifice his life to complete a mission.

Very instructive. Good read. Thrilling character. Thanks Wookieepedia.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

By the way if anybody had any doubts that the new EU would be filled with the same "everyone knows everyone" bullshit apparently the weird black-and-white-catsuit lady at Maz's who tells the First Order about the gang being there is directly related (story-wise not like father/daughter) to one of the Space Asians who try to kill Han and Chewie earlier in the movie, and also every single minor character has or will have a detailed backstory:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kanjiklub
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Delphi_Kloda
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bazine_Netal
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tasu_Leech
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nar_Kanji
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Razoo_Qin-Fee

e: also holy gently caress the art in one of the kids' books is uncanny-valley creepy as gently caress:

Homeboy has one seriously long-rear end neck and short-rear end torso

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Jan 10, 2016

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
that Dagobah cave article can't be that bad, let's check it out

quote:

When Luke Skywalker traveled to Dagobah to train with Yoda in 3 ABY, the elder Master tasked him to enter the cave. Luke confronted an illusion of Darth Vader within and defeated it in a lightsaber duel, dipping into the passion of the dark side in the process.

oh darth vader? that illusion? hmmm *clicks through*

Dark Spirit/Legends posted:

The Dark Spirit was a protean manifestation of the dark side of the Force that dwelt within the Dark Side Cave on the planet Dagobah.

After a short duel, Skywalker gave in to rage and beheaded the spirit.[1] As the apprentice watched the helmet-encased head flying away, the Dark Spirit's armored body completely vanished in the shadows.[12] For a moment the helmet remained on the ground completely still, then it cracked in half, revealing Luke Skywalker's own face, looking up at him. The young apprentice realized that, although that construct had been defeated, he still had much training left to do before confronting the real Vader.[1][2] In no time, the ghostly vision of the decapitated head dissolved into nothingness.[12]

wait, time is a linked article?

Time/Legends posted:

Time, a measurable part of the universe's structure in which events occur in sequence,

jfc

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Wookieepedia is absolutely my favourite ridiculously detailed wiki for a thing ever. I think part of that is probably how completely bloated and detailed the EU got.

Anyway, here is my favourite article today http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Most_comfortable_chair_ever_designed

Also the article for chairs in general.

quote:

Chairs were pieces of furniture humanoids could sit in. Like many objects in the galaxy, chairs could also function temporarily as ad hoc weapons. They were sometimes made of wood.

e: basically every article about some mundane thing like paper or wheels or spoons

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
"were"

Jiz
Jan 7, 2016

Trans and Drag Queens doing cocaine, once you're a Jiz Whore you're never the same.
I loved the book Darksaber, where the Hutts built this janky rip off of the Death Star. It was one of those 'I suppose now i'll just read anything' books that turned out to be quite amusing.

Also the Rogue Squadron series is amazing.

Although, RIP Kyle Katarn, you was one of my favourite things.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I think I read somewhere that everything is past tense because it's a long time ago in a galaxy far far away, but that could have been a joke. You can never tell.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
yeah but I mean a chair is a loving chair. A chair is something that a humanoid sits in regardless of the time period. Idk. I guess the fact that there is an article about loving chairs bothers me more than tensing. I wonder what kind of drama goes on behind the scenes with wookipedia editors.

Uhh "SithGoku12" you mentioned a chair in this article on Darth Icky but you fail to link the appropriate article describing a chair so I'm afraid I'm going to have to flag this article until this can be rectified.

Also SithGoku12 i need you to write a Canon and Legends article both citing appropriate sources.

Like gently caress me get a life

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

McDragon posted:

I think I read somewhere that everything is past tense because it's a long time ago in a galaxy far far away, but that could have been a joke. You can never tell.

this is the best part of the star wars wiki, its hilarious slavish devotion to pretending that the star wars universe is actually a real thing

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

yeah but I mean a chair is a loving chair. A chair is something that a humanoid sits in regardless of the time period. Idk. I guess the fact that there is an article about loving chairs bothers me more than tensing. I wonder what kind of drama goes on behind the scenes with wookipedia editors.

but there's no proof that chairs exist in the future of the far past! what if the galaxy ends the day after -insert latest ever event to have occurred in star wars-

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
If you are to understand what a vibroblade is you must first understand what a blade is.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

McDragon posted:

Wookieepedia is absolutely my favourite ridiculously detailed wiki for a thing ever. I think part of that is probably how completely bloated and detailed the EU got.

Anyway, here is my favourite article today http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Most_comfortable_chair_ever_designed

Also the article for chairs in general.

e: basically every article about some mundane thing like paper or wheels or spoons

that led me to han solo's sky house

Han Solo's sky house was the dwelling of Rebel hero General Han Solo and his Wookiee companion Chewbacca, designed and built personally by the pair. Solo and Chewbacca had long had the dream of settling in a sky house—a concept of their own design—before they finally got the chance in 5 ABY, when Cloud City Baron Administrator Lando Calrissian offered his old friend Solo a lease on a parcel of sky near Cloud City on Bespin. Solo and Chewbacca took a leave from the Senate Planetary Intelligence Network in order to construct the home in a rented Cloud City warehouse. The sky house was elaborate, a unique feat of engineering which boasted modern conveniences, luxurious furnishings, and such striking features as a rotating living room, a domed kitchen, a full engineering workshop, docking facilities for Solo's ship Millennium Falcon as well as a two-cloud-car garage, outdoor observation areas, and a plethora of bedrooms.

The home was swiftly completed, and Solo and Chewbacca threw a festive housewarming party which many galactic figures attended. Solo received many presents from his friends, most notably KT-18, a housekeeping droid to manage the residence. The intervention of claimant to the Imperial throne Trioculus and vengeful Zorba Desilijic Tiure, foes of Solo and his friends, on Bespin immediately after the party made life there untenable, and Solo was forced to abandon the house only hours after the housewarming party concluded. Solo harbored fond hopes of returning to his dream house, but time ultimately found him dwelling on Coruscant, not Bespin.

so han and chewie built a house to live together in

a shitty king
Mar 26, 2010

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

that led me to han solo's sky house

Han Solo's sky house was the dwelling of Rebel hero General Han Solo and his Wookiee companion Chewbacca, designed and built personally by the pair. Solo and Chewbacca had long had the dream of settling in a sky house—a concept of their own design—before they finally got the chance in 5 ABY, when Cloud City Baron Administrator Lando Calrissian offered his old friend Solo a lease on a parcel of sky near Cloud City on Bespin. Solo and Chewbacca took a leave from the Senate Planetary Intelligence Network in order to construct the home in a rented Cloud City warehouse. The sky house was elaborate, a unique feat of engineering which boasted modern conveniences, luxurious furnishings, and such striking features as a rotating living room, a domed kitchen, a full engineering workshop, docking facilities for Solo's ship Millennium Falcon as well as a two-cloud-car garage, outdoor observation areas, and a plethora of bedrooms.

The home was swiftly completed, and Solo and Chewbacca threw a festive housewarming party which many galactic figures attended. Solo received many presents from his friends, most notably KT-18, a housekeeping droid to manage the residence. The intervention of claimant to the Imperial throne Trioculus and vengeful Zorba Desilijic Tiure, foes of Solo and his friends, on Bespin immediately after the party made life there untenable, and Solo was forced to abandon the house only hours after the housewarming party concluded. Solo harbored fond hopes of returning to his dream house, but time ultimately found him dwelling on Coruscant, not Bespin.

so han and chewie built a house to live together in

Han gay so what

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Hope Chewie will be like, "hey my life debts finally paid and I never liked any of you," except he's grunting so everyone thinks it is a heart felt goodbye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
We're home, Chewie.

• Locked thread