Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
panda clue
May 23, 2014

Velthice posted:

lol holy poo poo I make a post and a bunch of people jump on their swords while I respond to one. take it easy guys, it's a video game lmao

also i ain't reading probably any of that poo poo sorry

are you widestancer's parachute? or do all imp zoners have the same dumb unfunny shitposting gimmick?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Velthice posted:

i hate one aspect of an mmo game, therefore i must hate all aspects of an mmo game. there can be no inbetween
Why are item levels an ok way to gate content? Why do I have to run boring noob dungeons to get better items so I can get to the ones I actually want to play? Why can't I just do all the content as soon as I start playing?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

panda clue posted:

are you widestancer's parachute? or do all imp zoners have the same dumb unfunny shitposting gimmick?
:allears:

panda clue
May 23, 2014

yeah I can't wait to read the thread in the morning after that one

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Kuai posted:

I never really felt bothered by quest locking a lot of poo poo in FF14 until I leveled an alt. And even then I just had to do enough poo poo to unlock EX roulette so I could cap poetics.

Why would level an alt? Why?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

OWLS! posted:

nah, play it, post trip report.

I feel like maybe the process of leveling could be fine for an MMO if the servers weren't completely deserted. I don't think I've seen a single person in the two starter areas I've been to.

Can't speak for the end game because I'm level 3.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

I was thinking about giving wildstar a second shot with that 10 day trial. Glad I decided to check the forums, that cured me of that idea. :catstare: The amount of hostility that bubbles over in every single thread is amazing. poo poo, if I was someone new to the game, I'd be terrified to ask for advice or help. It seems that any admission that you aren't on the cutting edge is a sign that you are a horrible person that needs to be run off from the game.

What, you don't know how AMPs work? Maybe you should go back to a BABBY MMO like FFXIV.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

panda clue posted:

lol you really dont have clue gay rumsfeld

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
hes p spot on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS
this thread is way too lovely for me to not close it

• Locked thread