Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Hey guys, want to play A cool, chill game that might be similar to this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I hope you enjoyed it and it was cool to see the things you came up with. This was bit rushed and I definitely had forgotten how to mod because important things kept slipping my mind. I hope it didn't impede the game much though. Example of such was the existence of alternate scum purchased powers.

The pricing could've been worked on. I think I caught up finding a lot of drinks easy to make and it made me uncomfortable to make them worth too much. However, I guess it prevented people from buying any useful powers. The idea was that with two scum, it'd take at least 2 or 3 days for players to buy powers in mass. If everyone had bought a cop then scum would've been done for. On the other hand I did make the swimming Jacob ridiculously expensive but that's because I wanted people to actually make it. I had to incentivize properly.

I ultimately like this sort of shop system, but it still requires a lot micro managing. I'd like to develop a slightly more streamlined version for the next game, Under $10 Cookfia. I realized that I actually own very little alcohol and it's one of the more expensive and extraneous things on my budget so I couldn't really make most of these drinks if any. I would've wanted to participate more. The other game puts a pretty solid limit on the budget in hopes of getting more people involved. I'll try to get it going in the doldrums of February.

Questions, comments, concerns?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I apologize for not being able to post very much. For some reason I had a lot harder time making the drinks in this game than I had making the food last time. The game just seemed to rush by much quicker.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

100, permissions aren't right on the setup doc:)

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Also, this was fun. Punt I'm sorry for murdering your face.
I was scared of the 500 points.
Asiina, I needed to kill you because you hadn't revealed which garnish was the cop before you died. I was super afraid you had picked up the stump power too.

I bought nothing until the last day where I bought the vig and a double vote too just in case. But yeah, extra reach for scum is p. awesome.

Thanks for the fun game 100, totally looking forward to cookfia. I might take a picture of my bar later, but I am super sad I never got the chance to make the pisco whisk(e)y sour. Maybe I will make one and take pictures later anyway.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Whoops:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1op3gXVosCkNFv1mwZtlsdg9ZIZto2oOcnaAIYICGNWg/edit?usp=sharing

Besides the cost of things I'd like to think it was balanced enough. There were scenarios were Mafia could get a lot of power, but there was no reason for town not to be able to effectively counter it. If powers had been bought more regularly I'd say town would've had the advantage actually.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Grandicap posted:

Also, this was fun. Punt I'm sorry for murdering your face.
I was scared of the 500 points.
Asiina, I needed to kill you because you hadn't revealed which garnish was the cop before you died. I was super afraid you had picked up the stump power too.

I bought nothing until the last day where I bought the vig and a double vote too just in case. But yeah, extra reach for scum is p. awesome.

Thanks for the fun game 100, totally looking forward to cookfia. I might take a picture of my bar later, but I am super sad I never got the chance to make the pisco whisk(e)y sour. Maybe I will make one and take pictures later anyway.

I'm just relieved ernie wasn't scum and my cocktail making wasn't wasted on a scumlord.

Thanks 100yrs, it was a lot of fun, I've now a whole stack of booze I'm trying to save for xmas/new years so it's all good despite town's failure.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hooray I won. You're welcome, grandi :smug:

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Opopanax posted:

Hooray I won. You're welcome, grandi :smug:

I was on you from your first post and killed you; I'm the John Romeo to your purchaser of daikatana.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That was all part of my plan! Clearly you are the one who has been made a bitch.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Opopanax posted:

That was all part of my plan! Clearly you are the one who has been made a bitch.

Well congratulations on your successful plan then.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Thank you.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

:(

sorry town, i really should've pushed grandi a lot more there

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

thanks for the game 100Yrs :D

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Ernie. posted:

:(

sorry town, i really should've pushed grandi a lot more there

No worries, Ern. You kicked butt, even if we lost (and my town losing streak continues to grow).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

EXAKT Science posted:

No worries, Ern. You kicked butt, even if we lost (and my town losing streak continues to grow).

I was legit confused by the people saying ernie was playing a good town game.

• Locked thread