Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

lonesomedwarf posted:

GETZ outta here aha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha h ah ah aha ha ha ha ha ha ha h ah aha ha ha ha ha h aha h ah ah aha h ah ah aha ha ha ha ha h aha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha h aha ha ha ha ha h aha ha h aha hah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hahha ha hahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

drat I got no comeback for that. Just gonna have to take it like a bitch, well played.

krampster2 fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Nov 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
as someone who likes ridiculous cars, a regular ol' daily driver that gets the job done and can fit some poo poo in the back is just as noble as any Hennessey Venom GT :patriot: :911:

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Yeah I'm not that into cars so I just bought a Getz because it's cheap to buy, cheap to run and cheap to fix. Also very reliable. Has done almost 155,000 kilometers (96k miles) with no major issues.

It's basically the modern day Beetle.

PixieDreamGirl
Apr 29, 2014

2014; The year I whored myself out for title changes.

Yo, I don't care what y'all do,how y'all do or where y'all do it, just keep it gangsta and never pay for an av change, have someone else do it- Ya boy Pixie
I just want a car that drives itself. A car I can just plug into a wall when I get home and not have to worry about getting up early to go put gas. It could look like poo poo on the outside for all I care.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

Ford makes a good shitbox too now

gently caress GM and Chrysler for anything other than their top-end cars though

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011
The problem with new cars is that it's impossible to get one that weighs less than 2500 (sans Miata) because of regulations. 25 years ago that was any Japanese C-segment car.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

Neptr posted:

The problem with new cars is that it's impossible to get one that weighs less than 2500 (sans Miata) because of regulations. 25 years ago that was any Japanese C-segment car.

YEah, it's awful. Can you imagine if modern shelbies and challengers weighed even under 3500? And roadsters under 2500 are just missing in action

Alfa Romeo makes some good poo poo still, but that's over the 50,000$ hump and most people spending that much want something thats at least GT sized

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Post more cars crashing into each other in slow motion

please

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Flannelette posted:

Post more cars crashing into each other in slow motion

please

I wish I could post a video showing every car everyone here likes pre-1990 and show it going into that masher thing from the Brave Little Toaster.

I'm not good with video making though.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Jastiger posted:

I wish I could post a video showing every car everyone here likes pre-1990 and show it going into that masher thing from the Brave Little Toaster.

I'm not good with video making though.

jastiger, i'm going to change your posting limits.

From now on you have to post nice things. Compliments, fun, humor, jokes. etc. If you complain about anything or make a negative comment, I will probate you. If you veil a negative thought in a facade of nicety, like a sorority girl from an SEC school, I will probate you. There is no mercy. Stop being a terrible poster.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Luvcow posted:

Lol if you buy a brand new car

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Carol Pizzamom posted:

Hyundai is just on the brink of starting to really figure out cars. I wouldn't buy any of their stuff yet but it's something to look out for

The Veloster Turbo is almost cool.

Hasn't Hyundia been pretty solid since 2000? I know they had a bad rep in the 80s/90s.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Spanish Manlove posted:

jastiger, i'm going to change your posting limits.

From now on you have to post nice things. Compliments, fun, humor, jokes. etc. If you complain about anything or make a negative comment, I will probate you. If you veil a negative thought in a facade of nicety, like a sorority girl from an SEC school, I will probate you. There is no mercy. Stop being a terrible poster.

I post nice things! But ok I recognize that this thread was a bash thread.

I have a separate question. Why did it autoban me yesterday?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Jastiger posted:

I post nice things! But ok I recognize that this thread was a bash thread.

I have a separate question. Why did it autoban me yesterday?

Press the "post new thread" button, see on the left where is says "don't use these tags" next to all the box where you type in the post? You likely used one.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Suppose that's possible. I intentionally didn't use one but I was distracted when I posted. Ah well.

Does this rule apply to all posts or just gbs

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Human civilization peaked between 1983-1992 and it is reflected in the vehicles produced within that time.

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW

Human Grand Prix posted:

Human civilization peaked between 1983-1992 and it is reflected in the vehicles produced within that time.

Agreed my 1990 Tempo was so awesome the oil changed itself on everything including the fanbelt, and it pretty much caught on fire while idling at red lights. Some really shifty greeks sold it to me and I'm pretty sure the chassis was frankensteined from multiple wrecks.

Buy a poo poo car drive it into the ground eryday.

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW
But really tho I should've died in a wreck 50 times over in highschool/college and ever since have lived in places with subways gently caress cars.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Jastiger posted:

Suppose that's possible. I intentionally didn't use one but I was distracted when I posted. Ah well.

Does this rule apply to all posts or just gbs

I can only enforce it in GBS but it would serve to improve your posts by a considerable degree if you were more positive about everything.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Spanish Manlove posted:

I can only enforce it in GBS but it would serve to improve your posts by a considerable degree if you were more positive about everything.

Positive post! No more red text!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Well it'll be cyan as that's the only hex color code I've memorize 00ffff

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

Xaris posted:

Hasn't Hyundia been pretty solid since 2000? I know they had a bad rep in the 80s/90s.

They're not bad, but they're not on the list of poo poo to recommend for either economy, luxury, or sporty. Kind of like how Toyota is now: Lots of fair to good poo poo but no amazing deals on economy cars (Solid, but pricy nowdays) and their sports car is OK but underpowered and overpriced. Hyundai isn't overpriced but it's maybe not as good a deal as other things.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Carol Pizzamom posted:

They're not bad, but they're not on the list of poo poo to recommend for either economy, luxury, or sporty. Kind of like how Toyota is now: Lots of fair to good poo poo but no amazing deals on economy cars (Solid, but pricy nowdays) and their sports car is OK but underpowered and overpriced. Hyundai isn't overpriced but it's maybe not as good a deal as other things.

you get a lot of tech and creature comforts standard in the hyundai that everyone else nickel and dimes the poo poo out of you for. also that warranty.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Carol Pizzamom posted:

I'd buy a Genesis Coupe before I'd buy any of the other cars in its class :shrug:

Though I'll just stick with my RX-7 instead of buying any new car at all

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Cubey posted:

I'd buy a Genesis Coupe before I'd buy any of the other cars in its class :shrug:

Though I'll just stick with my RX-7 instead of buying any new car at all

No Mustang?

Clockwork Sputnik
Nov 6, 2004

24 Hour Party Monster
Old cars are best cars.

(Needs bath. Also horn doesn't work.)

Under 10mpg crew represent.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Lol at how the OP constantly makes wannabe outrage threads but nobody gives a crap.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Mange Mite posted:

No Mustang?

with the experiences our family has had with fords, i'd sooner buy a loving daihatsu than a ford

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Clockwork Sputnik posted:

Old cars are best cars.

Under 10mpg crew represent.

poo poo I have an 05 that barely cracks that

it's a pickup

I drive in it alone

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

Pimp-rear end iroc. Since the horn doesn't work you should just replace it with a horn that plays la cucaracha or somethin.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Sidakafitz posted:

Pimp-rear end iroc. Since the horn doesn't work you should just replace it with a horn that plays la cucaracha or somethin.

http://www.amazon.com/Wolo-336-Juke-Electronic-Musical/dp/B00029XH0O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1416956654&sr=8-1&keywords=musical+car+horn

For $30 I can't understand why this poo poo isn't standard on new cars.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Leroy Diplowski posted:

gently caress you, old cars are cool and fun to drive. Here is a picture of my old car. It cost what 3 payments on a new Kia would cost.

That's not an old car, it's just an instagram filter.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

open container posted:

your dream is reality

Europe does it better lol.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

opus111 posted:

Lol at how the OP constantly makes wannabe outrage threads but nobody gives a crap.

ya this is now the "discuss how good and cool old cars are" thread and i like it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Bitterly Clinging to my AK47 and Das Kapital

:smug: when I pass you in my daily driver.

• Locked thread