Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
i don't get it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
thanks for ruining the movie for me, jerk.

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
mann was crazy thats why

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

also the part where the first robot revealed he was the devil and cooper is god was super weird and i didn't understand that either

Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

If you can't stand up you can't do war!
I liked the part where John Lithgow's character revealed he was an alien from another planet.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
yes
also
gently caress
you
o
p
i
hope
you
get
shot
by
a
cop
in
ferguson

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude
When kipp exploded it destroyed all evidence that he faked his evidence, op

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude
It's pretty easy to figure out unless you need a narraator to spoon feed you everything in an extremely simple plot.

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

thanks for ruining the movie for me, jerk.

in the end he comes back to earth as a ghost and rapes his daughter, it's really hosed up

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

It made me sad because I wanted kipp tars and case to be monolith wise cracking robot space bros.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Gross Dude posted:

It's pretty easy to figure out unless you need a narraator to spoon feed you everything in an extremely simple plot.

i got a little confused about the timeline because there wasnt any spots that were like 2 YEARS LATER

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

sexy young infidel posted:

mann was crazy thats why

pretty much this and no other explanation yeah, space madness w/e

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

MA-Horus posted:

It made me sad because I wanted kipp tars and case to be monolith wise cracking robot space bros.

See this would have been a great movie but Nolan is not that bright.

BrawndoTQ
Oct 18, 2001
If robots were that capable, why not just send only robots on all the missions?

BrawndoTQ
Oct 18, 2001
Why go to the time dilated planet first?

BrawndoTQ
Oct 18, 2001
Why not save the race with hydroponics?

BrawndoTQ
Oct 18, 2001
How did the daughter know about Anne Hathaway being stranded?

BrawndoTQ
Oct 18, 2001
movie sucked.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

i didnt watch this movie yet. whos kipp and whos mann and how did kipp explode??

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Mann is supposed to be the villain (get it the villain is MAN so clever) and KIPP is his broken robot who is booby trapped so that when Mann sets up this convoluted scheme to get himself rescued from the planet he volunteered to be marooned on it will blow up and kill his rescuers before Mann can get off his own planet (GET IT IT'S LIKE POETRY IT RHYMES)

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Flesh Forge posted:

Mann is supposed to be the villain (get it the villain is MAN so clever) and KIPP is his broken robot who is booby trapped so that when Mann sets up this convoluted scheme to get himself rescued from the planet he volunteered to be marooned on it will blow up and kill his rescuers before Mann can get off his own planet (GET IT IT'S LIKE POETRY IT RHYMES)
wait... who booby trapped the robot and why?

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

FordPRefectLL posted:

i got a little confused about the timeline because there wasnt any spots that were like 2 YEARS LATER

YEARS LATER...

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

cmon guys i gotta know whats going on so after i watch the movie w friends i can make like i already figured everyting out

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Flesh Forge posted:

See this would have been a great movie but Nolan is not that bright.

Pretty much sums up the film

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
that little frog bitch from futurama?

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

MA-Horus posted:

You saw how Nolan handled the one black token actor, there's no way that could have ended well. It would have been the 'black' transformers controversy times 100.
Maybe we'd have gotten a cool end credits easter egg of break dancing, pinwheel robots, though.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
How did the inside of a black hole know how to grow okra?

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Why'd they have an old fashioned space ship launch when after going through the wormhole they had a ship that could just land and take off on planets like something out of star wars?

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Thanks for spoiling the movie, double Hitler.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Do It Once Right posted:

You saw how Nolan handled the one black token actor, there's no way that could have ended well.

This correlation occurred to me before:

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Hmm... I could wait in suspended animation and not age, but then I wouldn't be the long suffering caretaker you have to respect for my loyalty and patience. gently caress it, I'm going to get blown up anyway, so I may as well have a character that's 100% stereotypes.

I'll just be glad Nolan didn't write my character as a sassy astrophysicist named Mammy.

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014

a hole-y ghost posted:

wait... who booby trapped the robot and why?

mann booby trapped it so anybody who looked at the logs would blow up. Because he faked all the evidence about the planet, to get rescued

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

i didn't expect matt damon what a twist

Rod Munch
Jul 17, 2001

It was funny when Kipp said "do you like apples" right before he blew up. That might have only been in the IMAX version tho

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

brizna posted:

If robots were that capable, why not just send only robots on all the missions?

Well see that would have made sense but they didn't do that because *Matt Damon monologue*

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
i didnt like the part where he got real close to raping anne hathaway that made me super uncomfortable. like i cant believe it only got a pg13 for that

also what was with the 30 second shot just lingering on her struggling bare feet that was really weird and gross. is nolan another one of the hollywood foot fetishist cartel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Rod Munch posted:

It was funny when Kipp said "do you like apples" right before he blew up. That might have only been in the IMAX version tho

I remember him saying something about apples but I didn't get the callback to Good Will Hunting, which is fairly clever. Oops.

• Locked thread