Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
hows it like??
its poo poo
its poo poo but its ok
its ok
its loving awesome
you loving commie pig
View Results

• Locked thread
Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Magnitogorsk. posted:

Presumably because they were trying to make a map of where people's families came from before they lived in America so answering "America" is pretty dumb and also retarded

Well you've presumed wrong because this data is taken from the US Census and the census doesn't ask that question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Stalins Moustache posted:

also if all goes according to plan ill be studying at the university of Berkeley. what can you tell me about that amerigoons

One of the most famously liberal colleges in the US with a good academic reputation. As liberal as I am, I still sometimes :lol: at the college liberal antics of Berkeley undergrads.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
I've found that English people hate Muslims waaaaay more than the average American does.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

naem posted:

It's just eagles everywhere 24/7 nonstop eagles

I for one am sick of cleaning out those drat eagle traps!

Racism in the US vs Europe Theory: it is worse in europe but you don't see it because most places it's like 99.9% white people

C/D please

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im up to my rear end in a top hat in eagles over here, bob

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
why do you call the proud american eagle a bald eagle? when i think of bald i think of dr. phil or something

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

why do you call the proud american eagle a bald eagle? when i think of bald i think of dr. phil or something

cuz they dont look like this

jungle eagle best eagle

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
idk its a big dumb retard bird that flies into walls

Big Dumb Retarded Eagle doesnt exactly trip off the tongue

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

paranoid randroid posted:

idk its a big dumb retard bird that flies into walls

Big Dumb Retarded Eagle doesnt exactly trip off the tongue

It's a goony bird, tbqh.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhITpTtG888

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

so the middle of the great USA is basically heroin, crack and crystal meth country? kinda stupid but looking at google maps i see nothing but farmlands and small towns. what can you actually do there?

There is nothing to do here, everything between the east coast and the Rockies is a vast expanse of farms and wilderness with the occasional tiny dystopian shithole town.

The young people spend their time doing meth and driving pickup trucks through mud for the sole purpose of having a truck covered in mud. When the rain washes the mud off, they do it again. The old women come up with ways to politely insinuate that everyone who doesn't attend all five 10:00AM Bible study classes a week is going to hell. The old men spend their days drinking in their favorite recliner, half-watching Law and Order reruns.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

City of Tampa posted:

I've found that English people hate Muslims waaaaay more than the average American does.

scandinavians seem to hate them more than anyone in my experience. you get these long hateful diatribes about the death of swedish culture or w/e cus they saw a brown dude w/a beard last week

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Magnitogorsk. posted:

Presumably because they were trying to make a map of where people's families came from before they lived in America so answering "America" is pretty dumb and also retarded

I always say "basically american" to the question because I don't want to be one of those assholes who lists 20 different nationalities like it makes them special. Not all of us live under the delusion that we're pure-bred or something

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
berkely is pretty much our nazi/hippy town and is filled to the brim with fascist/hippies. If you say you went to the university of berkely people may not hire you. It's a good school, but americans have been making fun of it since the 70's.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
if someone doesnt hire you because you went to berkely you dont want to be working there anyway, because its staffed by dudes who commute to their jobs from a nixon-era political cartoon

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

if someone doesnt hire you because you went to berkely you dont want to be working there anyway, because its staffed by dudes who commute to their jobs from a nixon-era political cartoon

the issue with berkely isn't how good it is, it's the reputation it built for itself. When you are so far to the left hollywood and LA makes fun of you you got problems.

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
pretty sure you can major in growing hair on your legs @ berkley.. very limited career opportunities for this kind of degree

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the reputation berkely has is being full of quiet asians and uh eric schmidt went there at some point i guess

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Didnt lil b go to berkely?

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
the issue is berkley's current reputation is meaningless if you are trying to get hired by a boomer.

naem
May 29, 2011

sexy young infidel posted:

pretty sure you can major in growing hair on your legs @ berkley.. very limited career opportunities for this kind of degree

You have to compete with everyone else in your class to get the one tenured position available once your prof dies

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the dean of faculty laughs, says WELCOME TO YOUR DOOM and sucks you soul into a gem he will use to power an Adjunct Golem

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
its interesting to think about how different my life would have been if i had taken an offer from berkley, but of course I'm not gay so i didn't

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
thats a shame row, you missed out on a v good education

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
What's the point of most universities when we can just use the internet to get the top people in their field to just make some lectures, and have someone make test for students to take+ homework. Just watch do the work turn it in and have a building with staff who's job is to just grade some papers. Do the same thing for high school too.

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
i like to tell people, "I majored in beer studies" :D but i did go to another college so its fine. They taught me to read and im pretty sure i got a complimentary motorcycle license

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
People that don't like "The South" are pretty ignorant and shouldn't really be listened to when it comes to anything more abstract then their retail job.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i would unironically suggest that euros visit birmingham. its an extremely important location for american history in 20th century and the city does not shy away from its past as a civil rights hot zone

i mean its also really sad and beat to hell, but still

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

mabels big day posted:

i live in michigan and that green dutch spot is extremely true

if anything im surprised its not bigger

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

i would unironically suggest that euros visit birmingham. its an extremely important location for american history in 20th century and the city does not shy away from its past as a civil rights hot zone

i mean its also really sad and beat to hell, but still

I stopped to get gas there once and someone had etched into the pump "welcome to friend of the family city"

Not that ot discounts what you're saying, I just wanted to share this

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Drunkboxer posted:

I stopped to get gas there once and someone had etched into the pump "welcome to friend of the family city"

Not that ot discounts what you're saying, I just wanted to share this

i wish i could say i was surprised

the civil rights and art museum are really nice, though

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Please come to west nj and buy our fancy alpaca wool and goat cheese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
Imagine if your tiny little country was vast. Vast is a word that we use to mean full of loving nothing. Nothing for days. You, the sky, and if you're lucky a fast car going down an interstate to get you somewhere with some people. Out in that vastness, people practice the Old Ways. You get far enough into the vastness, you'll find towns that are owned by two families as have been feuding since the War, you'll find towns that have died but haven't quite stopped yet, and you'll find the Wilderness. America is really loving huge, and it'll take a while for the reality of that to sink in. Really though the trick to live in America is just not to be an rear end in a top hat. Go along to get along, all that.

• Locked thread