Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
I don't give a poo poo about twotter itself or defending Moraes but it is a bit worrying to have the most famous billionaire in the world, who happens to be the owner of a big social network, weighting in on brazilian politics on the side of the far right

Hopefully he soon forget all about it, but this loving idiot has a huge audience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

I never got why embassies have complete immunity from arrests. With how turbo-corrupt ambassadors are, really feels like it should be the opposite, arrest 'em as soon as they arrive.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Nobody would establish an embassy if the moment relations got strained (IE: the exact moment you need embassies for) all the embassy staff became hostages of the country the embassy was in.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

VitalSigns posted:

I never got why embassies have complete immunity from arrests. With how turbo-corrupt ambassadors are, really feels like it should be the opposite, arrest 'em as soon as they arrive.

Replace ambassadors with hostages like in ancient Rome. It would require heads of states to start making more children, but it's certainly worth investigating as a policy option

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

VitalSigns posted:

Look, if even Attila and Genghis Khan respected diplomats despite them being super criminal spies who sometimes tried to have them assassinated by their own generals, I am sure contemporary states can be civilised enough about it.