Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

quote:

By Philip Rucker and Matea Gold November 25 at 9:45 PM

On a Republican presidential debate stage expected to be filled with more than a dozen current and former politicians, Carly Fiorina envisions herself standing out — as the only woman and the only CEO.

Sensing an opportunity in a crowded field that lacks a front-runner, the former Hewlett-Packard chief executive is actively exploring a 2016 presidential run. Fiorina has been talking privately with potential donors, recruiting campaign staffers, courting grass-roots activists in early caucus and primary states and planning trips to Iowa and New Hampshire starting next week.

shadow-senator carlyfornia is going to lead us into a glorious new future

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
is she the star of icarly?

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
cool maybe i get to vote against her again

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
who?

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

the non-offensive republican they allow on npr said that she's pretty much the only person who wants her to run, lol

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

carly / alan keyes for copresidents of the moon

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

is she the star of icarly?

prepare for 2 years of this joke if this is real, btw

media is really unimaginative

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

prepare for 2 years of this joke if this is real, btw

media is really unimaginative

haha yeah

:smith:

is this real :geno:

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Werthog 95 posted:

the non-offensive republican they allow on npr

ur gonna have to narrow that down

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
im so looking forward to the primaries theyre more fun than the world cup and olympics put together

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
and almost as corrupt lol

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

it's from her 2010 senate campaign

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Pinterest Mom posted:

it's from her 2010 senate campaign

sigh

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClB4eOUjtUY&t=4s
poo poo video but this was her site intro

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
why didnt they make it carlyfiornia dreamin?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
reminder that when fiorina left HP the stock instantly jumped 10.5%. the market basically valued fiorina's worth to HP at negative $6 billion

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

looking forward to hearing all the hate stories from former hp employees again, those are always fun

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

reminder that when fiorina left HP the stock instantly jumped 10.5%. the market basically valued fiorina's worth to HP at negative $6 billion

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
looking forward to hearing proposals to merge states, shedding 5 million residents in the process to create the biggest state

Bad Sneakers
Sep 4, 2004

me irl
i don't think grassroots and ceo are compatible terms

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

papa_november posted:

looking forward to hearing all the hate stories from former hp employees again, those are always fun

one of my friends used to work at the HP R&D facility in vancouver wa, he said the last time she visited the facility she took a helicopter directly from the airport and had two bodyguards flanking her at all times.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

looooool

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
ugh, I just watched an episode of 60 minutes (because I'm at the parents house) and they ran an old story on HP where they interviewed Carly. she claimed that her tenure was a success and she was fired for no reason, and the reporter didn't challenge her version AT ALL which made me very mad

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

nice casual sexism

i guess the cis white male scum on wall street will stop at nothing to keep a woman in the chains of domestic servitude.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

The Management posted:

ugh, I just watched an episode of 60 minutes (because I'm at the parents house) and they ran an old story on HP where they interviewed Carly. she claimed that her tenure was a success and she was fired for no reason, and the reporter didn't challenge her version AT ALL which made me very mad

the only reason she was fired was to protect the patriarchy, that's a fact and we can't discuss this issue until you agree

CamH
Apr 11, 2008

protecting the wallets of the patriarchy

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
Carly? More like Cantly imo.

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

Not now chief, I'm in the fuckin' zone.
bad move; right wing parties always try and do the thing where they elect a female leader mostly thinking it'll get all the female votes but you lose legitimacy with your base who see right through the lame attempt to pander to moderates or whatever

it's always better to elect the dyed in the wool hardliner and sell the right wing option on it's merits than chip and whittle away your convictions for a few extra votes

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Failornia

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
HP has allowed more women to fail at the role of CEO than any other Fortune 500 company. they should be lauded for their progressive stance on picking bad executives

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

The Management posted:

HP has allowed more women to fail at the role of CEO than any other Fortune 500 company. they should be lauded for their progressive stance on picking bad executives

microsoft, for all of their failures, have only had two bad executives, and only one bad executive of color to date. not very progressive if you ask me.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

maniacdevnull posted:

nice casual sexism

i guess the cis white male scum on wall street will stop at nothing to keep a woman in the chains of domestic servitude.

this but unironically

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

The Management posted:

also nice successnormativism, failures are people too you know and they deserve the same privilege as anyone.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Mightaswell posted:

lame attempt to pander to moderates or whatever

no need to pander since they are straight line r voters already hth

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

maniacdevnull posted:

the only reason she was fired was to protect the patriarchy, that's a fact and we can't discuss this issue until you agree

wow. a ""fact""? facts are patriarchal constructs designed to suppress ideas and justice. nice try, cisrealist scum, but we're not going to let facts get in the way of our narrative.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
in the primaries you go extreme to win the base and then in the elections you go to the center to attract middle of the road voters

Carly doesn't stand a chance in a national republican primary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

wow. a ""fact""? facts are patriarchal constructs designed to suppress ideas and justice. nice try, cisrealist scum, but we're not going to let facts get in the way of our narrative.

this post decelebrates my personal brand, expect to hear from my lawyer.

• Locked thread