Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
GBS seems cool and fun to me now, much better than when it was in these phases
  • Nonstop circlejerking "cool krew"
  • Arguing about political / current events nonstop
  • Catlady and Uptight rear end in a top hat Brigade
  • Burning Trash Heap Full of Racism & Garbage
True, there's only a fraction of the people left, but I'd rather have less people and a good forum than more people and a shithole forum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I'm nostalgic for GBS in November 2013

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
always having a couple threads where people would argue wasnt bad it was just that a lot of people thought they were building valuable reputations that must be protected at all costs

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Back in December 2013 we got a few inches of snow in Portland and I drank 18 cans of rolling rock in my room without sleeping and played straight through the new Tomb Raider. It was the best time of my life, recently.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
the problem with nerds arguing is that they think the other person is actually a bad human being for disagreeing with them so they treat them like an rear end in a top hat but really they're the rear end in a top hat because they're being really rude but their opinion is supported by others so it just emboldens them

i guess this probably happens everywhere but i don't see a lot of arguments irl so my frame of reference is just online

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
my interest comes and goes but still the improvement its been for the last year...just needs more bling

Jey
Oct 26, 2004

In Which our Hero Posts on the Internet
the halcyon days of leonard j crabs and lovely frivolous lawsuits threats. back in the early times of trolling when freedom of speech online was a confusing twelve-eyed monster to celebrities and corporations.

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

the problem with nerds arguing is that they think the other person is actually a bad human being for disagreeing with them so they treat them like an rear end in a top hat but really they're the rear end in a top hat because they're being really rude but their opinion is supported by others so it just emboldens them

i guess this probably happens everywhere but i don't see a lot of arguments irl so my frame of reference is just online

lol can you imagine some shambling mass of grease and failure like in a bar having a conversation and being all :allears: TELL ME MORE ABOUT BEING A LITERAL SHITSTAIN YOU NEOLIBERAL RAPE APOLOGIST like 3 inches away from an old grizzled cowboy's face and then loving dying from the violence that occurs

that is my #1 erotic fantasy that i jizz to when i'm too drunk to cum to butts and boobs and stuff

fankwart
Sep 27, 2013

am I the only one drinking?
I predict a gbs with much more threads about psychics and fortune telling

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
dont talk about gbs

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
gbs is better for laughing with now but much worse for laughing at

Lowtax posted:

[*]Burning Trash Heap Full of Racism & Garbage

i liked the burning trash heap

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I just read Lowtax's post and I'm glad to know that I made the cut

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
i'm not really any of those things lowtax made a bullet of but that certainly doesn't make me good by any means

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Lowtax posted:

True, there's only a fraction of the people left, but I'd rather have less people and a good forum than more people and a shithole forum.

The forums are now better than they were in November 2013, but the forums wouldn't be this good if it wasnt for the Trash Burning of November 2013 after the Catlady and Uptight rear end in a top hat Brigade. I think that the moderation on GBS has been good lately.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I rarely checked gbs from 2009 - 2014. What was a typical number of users logged in?

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

a starwar betamax posted:

I rarely checked gbs from 2009 - 2014. What was a typical number of users logged in?
Probably 3x-4x more than now

CountButtula
Jan 5, 2014
I don't get the catlady hate, after the eviction my only dream is to own a cat. This is the only truthful SA post I have made

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.

spud posted:

You just had taint finger in your face newbie
That's gross dude, you should bathe more

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Lowtax posted:

Have the people changed to subforums, or have they left?

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Hogge Wild posted:

Have the people changed to subforums, or have they left?

PYF and D&Ds traffic has double and tripled at least, so some have moved to sub forums.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
I like GBS. I only wish when someone quoted my posts they'd be gold though. That would be the one change to improve GBS imo

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Lowtax posted:

yikes.

what was everyone talking about then? the few times i would check it it would always just be the same HUGE megathreads with three people squabbling in each.

was it just 2k people ready a couple dozen people's posts?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Ha dcoffee gbsing hard hard hard right now wwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

1gnoirents posted:

I like GBS. I only wish when someone quoted my posts they'd be gold though. That would be the one change to improve GBS imo

Why do you have cancer?

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
Naw son this gibbis is definitely the best it has been in years though I enjoyed the initial shitfucktrannycuckfest for a few weeks back when the leashes came off initially until it got too retarded

:fiesta: respek

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
life complete

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lowtax posted:

I agree mate, honestly. I've been regged for a long time, and only now do I feel like I can post as i'd like. So good job, and Happy Thanksgiving.

• Locked thread