Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Torka
Jan 5, 2008

aren't the best deals actually in the stock clearance sales the week after christmas? or are american retailers different from the ones in every other country

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
I worked a 12 hour shift today because they paid me $45/hr. I then got off work and used my new earned wealth to buy retail goods thus creating the self-sustaining economy we have been working towards.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

I used to work retail and yes working on Thanksgiving is like sucking the rancid rear end in a top hat of a purified corpse. Guess what? I got the gently caress out of retail and found something better because I hated it! Whoop whoop!

Also, gently caress you OP. I went shopping on Thanksgiving because I'm a consumer whore and I did it just to spite you!

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
I keep him employed and belittled his effort in ringing me up by racing to buy the same item on amazon right in front of him on my ipad.

He lost

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

I keep him employed and belittled his effort in ringing me up by racing to buy the same item on amazon right in front of him on my ipad.

He lost

Sadistic. Did you make him cancel the sale?

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
He not only had to cancel his sale but I made him cancel his date tmw. Gonna show her a good time

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Torka posted:

aren't the best deals actually in the stock clearance sales the week after christmas? or are american retailers different from the ones in every other country

they are but that isn't heavily marketed really

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
oops

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

Torka posted:

No, those are not always the best deals.

Some of the deals stores make they actually lose money on. The goal is ..to get people to kill each after Thanksgiving? IDK what else they could be after. I've never known anyone to be "I'm going to wander around and browse" after they get (or fail to get) their intended consumer reward.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Suicide Sam E. posted:

No, those are not always the best deals.

Some of the deals stores make they actually lose money on. The goal is ..to get people to kill each after Thanksgiving? IDK what else they could be after. I've never known anyone to be "I'm going to wander around and browse" after they get (or fail to get) their intended consumer reward.

It's called a 'loss leader'. The idea is you sell destination items at a loss, and then consumers impulse spend shitheaps on the stuff you bought three million of from Bangladesh for 0.02c each, and are reselling for $10

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loss_leader

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
Didn't go shopping but also didn't tip after lunch today. That brings me back to zero. Peace.

• Locked thread