Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Status effects help. Poison is good in the early game and will do more damage than you'd think. Panic completely neuters every enemy in the game except for one end game boss (and that's the only enemy that is immune to it) because it forces them to use basic attacks (which they can target themselves with) and renders them incapable of dodging attacks. Later on you even get a passive skill that makes your attacks more powerful against enemies suffering from a status ailment. Though you can always just not use Yosuke and Teddie as well if they're making things harder for you.

Also you could always run away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

I have Naoto with Impure reach and a stat boosting accessory, however I still have a hard time landing Panic Circle on FOEs. I'm in the Inaba Pride Exhibit now..is there any way to make it better? I'm also thinking of trading her out cuz while drawing maps, solving puzzles, and navigating has gotten a lot easier, it's getting kinda boring with no challenge.

I just kinda arbitrarily gave her Abaddon if anyone's wondering.

Also what do you all use for your navigator skills? I've literally not changed them since after the first labyrinth. What I've got is effective enough, but I wonder if I can do better and it's gotten a little stale.
Battle: Fuuka w/ Kaguya sub persona. Effective Skills: Healing Breeze (Allies now has regenerating health!), Prayer, Purifying Rain, Eternal Melody, Yomi Return, Renewal Aura
Maze: Rise w/ Sarasvati sub persona. Effective Skills: Safety Prayer, Clairvoyance

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Omglosser posted:

I have Naoto with Impure reach and a stat boosting accessory, however I still have a hard time landing Panic Circle on FOEs. I'm in the Inaba Pride Exhibit now..is there any way to make it better?

No, the FOEs there are just good at dodging.

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

No, the FOEs there are just good at dodging.

I almost bitch slapped one of the green bottle-y looking ones but once Panic wore off it was a big middle finger and Diarahan.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

You can use Stagnant Air to prolong status effects.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Clarste posted:

Disarm pretty much cripples them, but after the first few I just ran away from them. The rewards aren't really worth the bother.

That is a thought. I find it's too risky to try running away from them.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Omglosser posted:

I have Naoto with Impure reach and a stat boosting accessory, however I still have a hard time landing Panic Circle on FOEs. I'm in the Inaba Pride Exhibit now..is there any way to make it better? I'm also thinking of trading her out cuz while drawing maps, solving puzzles, and navigating has gotten a lot easier, it's getting kinda boring with no challenge.

I just kinda arbitrarily gave her Abaddon if anyone's wondering.

Also what do you all use for your navigator skills? I've literally not changed them since after the first labyrinth. What I've got is effective enough, but I wonder if I can do better and it's gotten a little stale.
Battle: Fuuka w/ Kaguya sub persona. Effective Skills: Healing Breeze (Allies now has regenerating health!), Prayer, Purifying Rain, Eternal Melody, Yomi Return, Renewal Aura
Maze: Rise w/ Sarasvati sub persona. Effective Skills: Safety Prayer, Clairvoyance

Fuuka: Renewal Aura, Snake Glare, Purifying Rain, Yomi Return, Sutakora Foot, Life Aid
Rise: Paths of Light, Cornucopia, Life Aid, Snake Glare, Magic Mallet, (Skill she can't even use, derp. :v:)

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

You can use Stagnant Air to prolong status effects.

The best part is that you can just keep casting it every turn and it seems to make status effects go on indefinitely, giving you all the time in the world to buff up. I actually killed the final boss before the first timers ran down, and he couldn't even heal up and start his second phase.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
The weird thing I've seen about the final boss on Youtube: his timers only seems to go off once and don't cause perma-death for the battle. And he'll never cast it again if all of your party members lose the timers. :psyduck:

I guess that's more debilitating on Risky.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Alabaster White posted:

The best part is that you can just keep casting it every turn and it seems to make status effects go on indefinitely, giving you all the time in the world to buff up. I actually killed the final boss before the first timers ran down, and he couldn't even heal up and start his second phase.

That's either not the case, or it varies between enemies - I definitely had to re-take my attempt at max damage vs ZeusLizabeth a couple of times because she kept shrugging off Panic even when I was spamming Stagnant Air every turn after landing Tentarafoo.

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

I dunno how hard you guys like to geek out on this stuff, but I found this on YouTube last night https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LlskhfXDR0
Lotus Juice (guy who raps in Persona songs) does a concert in the US with guest Yumi Kawamura (chick who sings in Persona songs). It's cool that he's a native-sounding fluent English speaker, not the annoying J-rappers who just say "gently caress" a lot. He does Laser Beam, Maze of Life, and they encore Mass Destruction from P3 at the end. And a buncha other stuff.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

vilkacis posted:

That's either not the case, or it varies between enemies - I definitely had to re-take my attempt at max damage vs ZeusLizabeth a couple of times because she kept shrugging off Panic even when I was spamming Stagnant Air every turn after landing Tentarafoo.

Yeah, Stagnant Air's description specifically says that it doesn't stack more than once per application of a particular effect.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I finally got both MCs to level 55 and unlocked their evolved Persona. How the hell do you do it for everyone else? Even my active party is short of 55 by several levels, the others need like 12-15, assuming the goal is the same for all of them.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Everyone gets their ultimate persona at level 55.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Well, that's both good and bad news depending on the character... Might just end up ignoring Teddie and Ken altogether. But what's the fastest place to grind? I'm all but finished with Inaba Pride, I've just been putting it off until I beat Elizabeth.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Rangpur posted:

Well, that's both good and bad news depending on the character... Might just end up ignoring Teddie and Ken altogether. But what's the fastest place to grind? I'm all but finished with Inaba Pride, I've just been putting it off until I beat Elizabeth.

You're not in the final dungeon yet. Don't worry about grinding.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Rangpur posted:

the best thing to grind is probably the optional boss that'll show up on the final floor of the pride festival after you beat the boss.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Inflammatory posted:

the best thing to grind is probably the optional boss that'll show up on the final floor of the pride festival after you beat the boss.

The FOE that shows up at the end of the third labyrinth is easier, gives more experience, and is available to him already by this point. It's the best, easiest thing to grind in the game.

It gives like 90k exp a pop, almost as much as the Reaper.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Are you referring to the Doll or the gold-colored quest boss that replaces the Kindly Doctor?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

The gold one at the end, yes. It's an experience pinata.

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Fucking blocks... I'm gonna climb the shit outta you!
Can anyone give me a hand with Inaba Pride Night 4? The section in C1 where I have to chase an FOE down a corridor with the flame, only to get stuck at the sweaty guy.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
Kill em all

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Rise from the dead!
Finally finished this game after I've completed literally else on my 3ds. While I liked it at the beginning, I really started to feel fatigue around the haunted classroom area. The game is half-baked in both ways, ending up being not a good etrian odyssey and not a good persona game.
I really liked the final area too because It was only environmental puzzles and some mild FoE baiting. Compared to the one trick pony gimmicks the previous areas had it was honestly refreshing. Story sucked balls.

Asperity
Jun 7, 2011
I'm enjoying this game more than I thought I would, having never played any Etrian Odyssey anything. Pondering picking up some of those after I finish Persona Q. Which would be a good one to start with given that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Asperity posted:

I'm enjoying this game more than I thought I would, having never played any Etrian Odyssey anything. Pondering picking up some of those after I finish Persona Q. Which would be a good one to start with given that?
EO4 is probably the friendliest in the series. EO3 is also pretty good, and the remakes of 1 and 2 are decent, but I'd say start with EO4.

• Locked thread