Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Laugh Till You Pee
Feb 8, 2014

Tell your mom to stop sending me nudes.
I started a janitorial company with a friend but she quickly proved incapable of pulling get weight. She refused an updated partnership agreement and I offered her a buy out. She says she wants the buy out but wants the company name and her clients. I explained that it doesn't work that way and she'd have to buy me out to continue to use the name but she can have her clients.

If she refuses my buy out offer I'll dissolve the company and start over. I would like to use a similar name and just update my logo design for the new company. Could I do that? It would be very similar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BEHOLD: MY CAPE
Jan 11, 2004
I don't have any helpful advice (contact an attorney) but it is hilarious that your partner thinks you would pay her a buyout like that

Laugh Till You Pee
Feb 8, 2014

Tell your mom to stop sending me nudes.
Yeah she's definitely not the brains of the operation. She was suppose to balance things by putting in more work but she just informed me that she can only be available for one clean a day and only three days out of the week because it's too exhausting to do more... :-\ she's done nothing to research marketing, legal paperwork, accounting, drafting contacts and terms, hiring, etc. And I've worked on site for every job but she's requesting someone work for her because working two days in a row takes to much out of her...

I offered a buy out and just have her work hourly when she's available but she got very offended. I'll consult with a lawyer on Monday but I would like to learn what I can and hear any insights and experience from others.

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X
Typically a dissolution is treated as per your partnership agreement. What does your agreement state in regards to dissolution and disinterest?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Who is in charge of the cash? Just give yourself enough perks to bankrupt the company and stop paying her her draws. When she has her clients pay her directly report her to the cops for embezzlement/theft.

• Locked thread