Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Megabound posted:

At some point someone asked him to put shackles on. The person asking this and the dude decided this was fine. "Now get on your knees in front of the white lady".

Jesus.

There has to be a kink involved somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Chatter about those photos around the internet has made me aware that "white savior" is a kink that some people have and I guess if dude is genuinely happy with the situation more power to him.

But I'd still nope out of there if I was the photographer. Once your name is attached to that poo poo you're never escaping it.

Business of Ferrets
Mar 2, 2008

Good to see that everything is back to normal.

xzzy posted:

never escaping it.

Excellent word choice.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

who puts their underwear on outside of your pants?

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

two shots of happy, one shot of sad

Soiled Meat
body paint?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

maybe they look like tights instead of body paint but maybe.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

tater_salad posted:

who puts their underwear on outside of your pants?

Superman.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

I sure hope she's wearing leggings and not just sitting on a horse's sweaty back in only her underwear but uhhhh it doesn't look like it

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I was stickying the latest contest thread then came to this one and didn't realise I was in a diff thread. Thought someone was taking the WAP theme to heart.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Actually most skeletons are very dry.

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

BARTHOLOMEW THEODOSUS IS NOT AMUSED
As someone who does cosplay/fashion/fine art portrait photos... holy poo poo the fabric mismatching across the "costume" makes me cringe.

Also for the horse I hope that's some sort of animal friendly dye. Because if not gently caress this entire image and the people involved.

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

Cacator posted:

Actually most skeletons are very dry.

my skeleton is wet

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://petapixel.com/2021/10/13/student-plagiarizes-african-artist-gets-exhibited-at-the-milan-photo-festival/

https://twitter.com/AFWomenInPhoto/status/1446853826150084608

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

If by “eerily similar” they mean “much worse” I agree.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Lol yeah the copy is noticeably and obviously worse when viewed side by side.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Looks bad Paul

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

drat, their collection is worth $15k? That's really swinging for the rafters on their archive building.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

The burned film looks cooler tbh

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited
Print File says their sleeves have passed the PAT (Photographic Activity Test), and I trust that standard.

This hasn't always been the case, though, and I suspect that their old ones are the problem. The older ones (mid-90s and before) were made of a lower-density polyethylene and are "not recommended" for archival purposes (note that this book was published in 1993).

His rant about "acid free plastic is light-weight and clouded" is nonsense though. Some acid-free plastic looks like that. Some doesn't. Some plastic that looks like that is in fact very bad for storage.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Every one of those photos is bad, but every one of them would make a good album cover for the right music. Just slap some stupid font and a stupider band name all over them.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The first one (with the VW bus) all I can see is those shots taken at glacier point, but in this one the fool that took it metered wrong and blew out half dome.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/guydebort/status/1483200490796109826?t=Z_LYXGkAyHrvY6WMlFVEFQ&s=19

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

The Facebook link is what really nails it

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

They should have made the red dot a rose bud to really drive it home

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That's gaming with RTX off.

Adbot