Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

The Mad Archivist posted:

lol if you arent literally a cro-magnon hunter-gatherer

*is an austropalithicus*

What the... ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

what is the story behind him?

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
bifocals

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

contacts are pretty neat technology

Farmer Jimbo
Mar 11, 2005

CC Plox.

TEAYCHES posted:

contacts are pretty neat technology

I had these wearable tech until an eyelash got under a lense while I was driving and I said never again to this wearable technology.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cumt posted:

Digital technology isn't helping us live better lives; it is creating a layer of abstraction that distances us from reality. Listen to your body, look at the world.

i will not rest until I am literally a cybernetic being

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
clothes, op. clothes are "wearable tech." try my haircut. done with an electric haircutter machine. wearable tech. my shoes (are those clothes?)

it's crazy how much TECH you take for granted!!

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
jesus i dont even like carrying a wallet. the very first thing I do when I get home, go to work, or get in my car is literally take everything out of my pockets. which is always just keys, wallet, and phone

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

nomadologique posted:

clothes, op. clothes are "wearable tech." try my haircut. done with an electric haircutter machine. wearable tech. my shoes (are those clothes?)
yeah or the jumper cables connecting my testicles to a car battery. thats wearable tech

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

nomadologique posted:

it's crazy how much TECH you take for granted!!

this thread has really gone off the rails.. lowtax should have specified wearable ELECTRONICS what a goofup this was

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Nothing. I threw off the wristwatch decades ago as an oppressive piece of tech.

I live free and unadorned, as evolution has declared is Right.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

I used those special parts to make my robot friends, OP.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

HoboZero posted:

I used those special parts to make my robot friends, OP.

I'm going to believe this is what you're talking about

:unsmith:

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

my DICK OP

loooooooooool

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Nanites are styling my hair as we speak

Minnesota Manatee
Aug 28, 2009

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

How are we defining tech here. in like 1850 or so, machine-woven textiles were still pretty new and cool. It was like 3d printing only it killed a lot more poor/black/poor and black people

Anyway pretty sure all my textiles are machine woven except for that scarf grandma knitted for me

I love you grandma

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

1gnoirents posted:

jesus i dont even like carrying a wallet. the very first thing I do when I get home, go to work, or get in my car is literally take everything out of my pockets. which is always just keys, wallet, and phone

Oh yeah, so in which pockets do you keep these various items? This is important.

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan

Farmer Jimbo posted:

This is my Christmas gift to all employees this year, did I make a horrible mistake?

Oh and I have a smartphone which I hate (but sometimes love).

You should have got them a victorinox cybertool. It's like a swiss army knife for nerds with tiny screwdrivers and chip pullers.

Farmer Jimbo
Mar 11, 2005

CC Plox.

monkey posted:

You should have got them a victorinox cybertool. It's like a swiss army knife for nerds with tiny screwdrivers and chip pullers.

It costs more than $30 and is a terribly sad corruption of a swiss army knife. Like a swa is already awkward, don't make it worse with a usb drive and nerd pliers.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
If I can't have my finger tip flip open and reveal a USB inside then what's the point

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
Digital auto-changing colostomy bag

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

whuy change ur colostomy bag?

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

Wamdoodle posted:

Oh yeah, so in which pockets do you keep these various items? This is important.

all of them man, the phone sometimes moves to my back right on occasion

my company gave me a workphone over a year ago now and I've had it on me exactly 0 times. they've offered to upgrade it to an iphone if id use it and i said no, plz thanks

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
I'm still waiting for wired clothes and shoes that harness static and kinetic energy to charge batteries and provide a full body gestural interface for AR glasses that stream facial recognition info so even you obsolete, off the grid, pre-gestalters are tracked and monitored at all times by a 1000 subveillant eyes.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

mdm posted:

Sometimes I wear underarmour

wait no i don't nm

I like to wear chainmail armour

I consider myself lowtech

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe
I don't have any, but as soon as someone invents a smartwatch that prevents premature ejaculation I'll be all over that poo poo

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

theperminator posted:

I don't have any, but as soon as someone invents a smartwatch that prevents premature ejaculation I'll be all over that poo poo

tajke a regular watch and fasten it as tight as u can around your nutsack above the nuts to close the pipe off hth

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I have a latex sleeve that prevents child support

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

I wear pants.

Sometimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

I'm saving up for a smart bellybutton ring. gently caress figurative navel-gazing, I want to do it literally.

• Locked thread