Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!
It's been ages since I've played Spyro, but that LP was plenty good enough to make up for my lethargy, so thanks for recommending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
You're welcome it was one of the more unique ideas in LP since while bugs, game breaking, and mods have been used in the past to make things more fun, these were some of the few LPs to revolve around breaking the game in hilarious ways.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
You're all forgotting A Hero's Tail

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

corn in the bible posted:

You're all forgetting A Hero's Tail

Not so much forgotten as just not bringing it up since the only relevance was in that it's a Spyro game.

Since you bring it up though, I suppose I can talk about but bear in mind I'm only speaking about what I remember from when I rented the game years ago. First and foremost, it's a definite improvement over Enter the Dragonfly though given the problems with EtD there was really nowhere to go but up.

It was nice to Gnasty Gnorc again after so many years and both Red and Ineptune were interesting villains. The level design was decent for the time and the breath powers were arguably at their best looking at least before Legend of Spyro.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

I recently purchased A Hero's Tail, but as with the original Spyro games, I've just not gotten around to playing it. How did you feel about Legend of Spyro?

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

GamesAreSupernice posted:

How did you feel about Legend of Spyro?

I only played the first game so I can only speak for that but I don't think it's as bad as people say. It's different to be sure being more combat focused but that's not necessarily a bad thing in this case. The handling of elemental breaths is nice though training can be tedious.

I don't have a problem with the character Cinder and while I would've liked to see character from the classic trilogy, I do understand why the developers are hesitant to add them to LoS and Skylanders.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 03:16 on May 29, 2015

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!
The only thing I remember about the reboot series is that there's some sort of dragon trying to take over the world, and that Hunter is some kind of archer and you get to play as him at one point. And that Moneybags was there somehow. :argh:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I played it when I was younger and definitely remembered being a bit bored by how long some levels just dragged on for. Otherwise, eh. Hero's Tail is an alright game, nothing outright broken like EtD, but nothing really stood out to me either. The other characters were fine, though Sgt. Bird somehow controls worse than in the original games and Sparx doesn't feel too good either. Also, the backwards cap 90s mole acts exactly like you think he does.

Also, in pretty much every Spyro game, flame is circle, charge is square, but in Hero's Tail, it's the other way round. WHY?

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

After many attempts at recording the next stage, and finally getting one I was satisfied with, my recording setup broke on me. Consider the thread on hiatus. My apologies to everyone, I know this LP has been slow already.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Hey, you're still on a more frequent update schedule than the Sakura Wars thread! :v:

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Didn't that LP fall into archives?

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Huh. So it did.
Well my point still stands anyway, it went like 9 months or so without an update at times.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Recording equipment is working again! The new video and some side-content of one of Krome's other 3d platformers should be up relatively soon.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

And I lied. Well, kind of. The recording equipment is fine still, but the LP isn't. This is the end of the thread. I'll hopefully pick this project back up when I'm in a better place in life.

That being said, I'll still update the beat 'em up megathread, and anyone is welcome to pick up this LP where I left off, as is the rule of the SomethingAwful Let's Play Kingdom. I had a lot of fun with the episodes I did finish, and this is a really fun game, as well as an important piece of platformer history. I hate to send it to a premature death, but it's been a fun journey regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Well, I hope you can get back to this, as and when you can.

This is an interesting artifact of platformer history, and this first game is.... Well, the marketing was setting it up to be an inevitable and sad failure, but it's actually kind of neat to see played through properly.

• Locked thread