Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yoyodyne
May 7, 2007
Mangosteens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
as a non-brit i have to say baked beans on toast are pretty much the best thing you guys invented

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

TOILETLORD posted:

just eat eggs.

mmm delicious chicken periods just suck them right out of the cloaca

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
You need a slow cooker. I find that having a nice supply of corn tortillas, rice, bullion, 10-20oz of white truffles, and beans makes for a nice modest-priced base for meals.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
http://imgur.com/gallery/pHUdq

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

Big Beef City posted:

Stop using loving slow cookers/crockpots you fags, this isn't 1972.
Learn how to loving cook properly.
"BLOOP BLOOP BLOOP I PUT SOME ONIONS IN WATER AND LET IT SIT ON THE COUNTER FOR 4 DAYS drat THIS GOOD poo poo RIGHT HERE, LOOK A MUSHY PIECE OF CHICKEN YUM!!"

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
slow cookers are good and useful for multitasking (getting food cooked while asleep or at work or school) just know their limitations. a pressure cooker is a good alternative if the cooking unattended thing isn't a selling feature for you.

Tussin Grimace
Oct 23, 2007

cahsin mahney busta
look up pressure cookers and gunpowder on google to get a surprise visit from sexy men with guns

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
I considered doing the sous vide thing except I wouldn't shell out for some overpriced kickstarter poo poo and probably apply my under-utilized electrical engineering skills and rig up a temperature regulation circuit myself

Tussin Grimace
Oct 23, 2007

cahsin mahney busta
I don't want to throw down $200 either but sous vide steak looks certified dank as hell and I've never tried sous vide. I loving love steak man

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
Feel a bit tired of cooking and want to eat healthy? Buy a slow cooker. You simply fill it up with your own poo poo in the morning, then let it stew all day then in the evening just pour the hot poo poo into your mouth you filthy whore

embykins
Jul 4, 2009
the magic's in the A1 sauce. i could give a poo poo if i'm eating a steak or a moccasin.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Roy posted:

Feel a bit tired of cooking and want to eat healthy? Buy a slow cooker. You simply fill it up with your own poo poo in the morning, then let it stew all day then in the evening just pour the hot poo poo into your mouth you filthy whore

except its watery trash food.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

TOILETLORD posted:

That's why you brown in a pan but that means just a little more effort. Also don't use so much liquid.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Al Cowens posted:

That's why you brown in a pan but that means just a little more effort. Also don't use so much liquid.

i cook all my food on the stove or oven. i haven't taken my slow cooker out of the box.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

box of kraft max n cheese and throw in a can of chili

that's like a billion calories for $2.00 you're welcome.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Tussin Grimace posted:

I don't want to throw down $200 either but sous vide steak looks certified dank as hell and I've never tried sous vide. I loving love steak man
I'd rather try to mod my slow cooker because I'm a nerd human being.

TOILETLORD posted:

i cook all my food on the stove or oven. i haven't taken my slow cooker out of the box.
Give it to a busier, stressed out single mother of four.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Al Cowens posted:

I'd rather try to mod my slow cooker because I'm a nerd human being.

Give it to a busier, stressed out single mother of four.

she should of just hung onto her man, unless you are implying she has had 4 different men then the whore can rot. Also again people go buy poo poo at salvation army its all half off on fridays.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Garlic (by the head, don't be a baby, peel it yourself)

I think it's like that lovely jazz idiom. It's about the food you don't buy. Don't buy soda, ice cream, or processed poo poo. Processing food = cost. If it's processed and cheaper than the "real" equivalent, that poo poo is gross and will make you poo poo your pants.

So I dunno, maybe that's a plus for some people in here.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

White rice

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Bauxite posted:

Garlic (by the knot, don't be a baby, peel it yourself)

I think it's like that lovely jazz idiom. It's about the food you don't buy. Don't buy soda, ice cream, or processed poo poo. Processing food = cost. If it's processed and cheaper than the "real" equivalent, that poo poo is gross and will make you poo poo your pants.

So I dunno, maybe that's a plus for some people in here.

just wrap a whole thing in foil with some oil of choice and bake it till it is falling part and spread it onto other food.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

In addition to the dry beans and rice that people have already mentioned, onions are also cheap as poo poo and you can use them in a lot of things.

Caramelize some onions and shove it in your food hole

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

TOILETLORD posted:

i just use my slow cooker to cook dry beans while i sleep.
a good use for slow cookers

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Al Cowens posted:

a good use for slow cookers

yeah remember my thread "i lie nonstop" i lie nonstop.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Lord of Pie posted:

In addition to the dry beans and rice that people have already mentioned, onions are also cheap as poo poo and you can use them in a lot of things.

Caramelize some onions and shove it in your food hole

Candy onions are awesome

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

TOILETLORD posted:

yeah see there's that smug. all the smuggest posters hate crockpots

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Crusty Nutsack posted: