Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

OK, maybe he is notable for being the first African filmmaker but his movies are a pile of garbage. Do The Right Thing was a piece of crap, Clockers was bullshit, and any rear end in a top hat could have made a good movie out of Malcom X's life story. A couple of fancy angles and a Motown/hip-hop soundtrack is not enough to overcome the fundamental deficits in his lovely writing. Every goddamn character is a caricature of a caricature.

There. I said it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

1/10

Irrational Bees
Nov 2, 2013

by Lowtax
I remember this thread from like 2 weeks ago

Louis
Nov 23, 2014
I rather enjoyed Do The Right Thing.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Wait a minute. Spike Lee is black?

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

do the right thing stop posting

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
its 2014
who?

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Do the Right Thing was good, I watched that movie with the lesbians though and I was disappointed because it sounded like it was going to be far more hilarious than it ended up being

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
There's way way better contemporary black film makers. The only reason spike lee is popular is because he always hits on the cultural fad of the moment. And it's always about some fashionable victim too. He's a lightweight

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

Do The Right Thing was great and the op is an idiot

stump collector
May 28, 2007
raycis

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Hector Negron

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

*throws garbage can through the front window of your body, shattering u into a million pieces*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Beef Turret posted:

There's way way better contemporary black film makers. The only reason spike lee is popular is because he always hits on the cultural fad of the moment. And it's always about some fashionable victim too. He's a lightweight

Yes, thank you, this is what I was getting at. Spike Lee has zero range, if you want blaxploitation films, John Singleton is your man.

• Locked thread