Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
embykins
Jul 4, 2009
i will not be going back to aol, thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

TOILETLORD posted:

i found the fastest way to get the best service possible at any retail or big box store is if i walk in wearing a dirty work uniform and it looks like i just got off work.

man is there anything much more annoying than getting asked questions as if you work there though

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

1gnoirents posted:

man is there anything much more annoying than getting asked questions as if you work there though

no because my uniform says albertsons on the apron shirt and hat.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I went through a drive through and paid for my food but instead of giving me my food they told me to pull ahead and wait. I told them politely that it's ok I don't mind waiting at the window. The dude doesn't know what to do so just carries on until the manager notices me waiting. She asks me to move and once again I politely said I'd prefer to wait at the window. Manager then tells me I need to move so they can help customers. I told her that not only am I also a customer but I've already paid and wasn't moving until I got what I paid for. Then I called corporate in front of her and got her fired then I called the police and got her arrested for trying to steal my money by not giving me what I paid for. Every one in line behind me was honking in my support

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Volume posted:

I went through a drive through and paid for my food but instead of giving me my food they told me to pull ahead and wait. I told them politely that it's ok I don't mind waiting at the window. The dude doesn't know what to do so just carries on until the manager notices me waiting. She asks me to move and once again I politely said I'd prefer to wait at the window. Manager then tells me I need to move so they can help customers. I told her that not only am I also a customer but I've already paid and wasn't moving until I got what I paid for. Then I called corporate in front of her and got her fired then I called the police and got her arrested for trying to steal my money by not giving me what I paid for. Every one in line behind me was honking in my support

Epic win!

Once when I was at a drive through window I paid for my food and pulled up to collect my meal. the cashier literally just tossed it through the window into my car! It wasn't even in a bag! It splattered all over me and ruined my upholstery (I ordered a parfait and a big mac). When I complained, the cashier pointed at the sign and I realized it didn't say "Drive Thru," it said "Drive Throw"!
I didn't have a leg to stand on but drat if I'm ever eating at McDonalds again.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Dude are you like Indian or something. How could it take them 5 times to get your name right

Just spell it poo poo!!

open container
Sep 16, 2008

Leon Einstein posted:

Anyway, I'm moving to Spotify

Either pirate music or buy it directly, this poo poo does nothing for the artist and just lines the pockets of assholes

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I'm glad of it

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

open container posted:

Either pirate music or buy it directly, this poo poo does nothing for the artist and just lines the pockets of assholes

the only way i can ever enjoy pop music if I know the performer isn't getting any of the money.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Reminder tool won't put their music on spotify because they don't want people to dilute their "art" by listening to albums out of context except woops lol all their poo poo is on the radio and people just put up illegal YouTube videos with ads on them and make money off their stupidity

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Spotify is literally easier than pirating so I do that

Steam, spotify and Netflix have it figured out

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
An actual e-mail I got from Blizzard's customer support when my account was supposedly hacked and I was banned as a result, and I had to jump through hoops through sort it all out.

quote:

Hey there!

My name is Digeilla, and I'll be your Game Master today! Please keep your arms, legs, tentacles, hooves, horns, tails, and/or other various appendages inside the ticket at all times, and hang on; This is gonna get EPIC!

I went ahead and rolled back all of the damage that had been done to your account. Should be good to go now :] have fun!

Thank you for contacting the Game Masters today! I sincerely hope that I was able to help you in the best possible way today, and that the service I provided was as EPIC as you have come to expect! If you ever have anything else that you need, please don't hesitate to contact us. Have a fantastical rest of your day!

Stay classy!

By the way...

What did the tank say to his girlfriend when he was caught kissing the raid's Resto Druid?

"I couldn't help myself, she had that HoTs for me!"

~/)^3^(\~

I could go into more detail about the whole thing, but really, this one e-mail cemented why I think Blizzard's support has gone to absolute poo poo in recent times. They used to be so good, too.

Jamesman fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Dec 3, 2014

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I was at post office last week and some lady asked if she could use some tape, the postal employee said "we can't give out tape, but there's some on sale", she said "this is outrageous! Last time I'm ever using the usps again!" Futile threats against some monolithic company you kind of have to use are the best kind of threats.

Comcast screwed me over on a "free modem", I'd have quit them if there was any other ISPs in the area. Live in the sticks now so don't have that issue anymore!

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

Applewhite posted:

Epic win!

Once when I was at a drive through window I paid for my food and pulled up to collect my meal. the cashier literally just tossed it through the window into my car! It wasn't even in a bag! It splattered all over me and ruined my upholstery (I ordered a parfait and a big mac). When I complained, the cashier pointed at the sign and I realized it didn't say "Drive Thru," it said "Drive Throw"!
I didn't have a leg to stand on but drat if I'm ever eating at McDonalds again.

This legit happened to a friend and me. We were making a food run and as the cashier handed us the food, the edge of the bag tore and dumped it everywhere. We were all sad. Fortunately most of the food survived okay. Then we had to wait around because they forgot one of the burgers. The cashier was cranky but we just had to look at the dude to remind him how throwing food at people can go both ways.

When we got out of the car the "forgotten burger" turned out to be hidden, wedged between the seat and the door. But we deserved a replacement anyhow.

open container
Sep 16, 2008

Suicide Sam E. posted:

This legit happened to a friend and me. We were making a food run and as the cashier handed us the food, the edge of the bag tore and dumped it everywhere. We were all sad. Fortunately most of the food survived okay. Then we had to wait around because they forgot one of the burgers. The cashier was cranky but we just had to look at the dude to remind him how throwing food at people can go both ways.

When we got out of the car the "forgotten burger" turned out to be hidden, wedged between the seat and the door. But we deserved a replacement anyhow.

No one threw food in this anecdote :crossarms:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
One time I dated a girl and she asked me to drop her off at the cemetery. On the drive home I noticed she'd accidentally left her red Target uniform sweater and nametag behind in my car. When I showed up at the Target the next day to drop them off for her, the manager turns as white as a sheet and tells me in a trembling voice "That's impossible, she died a year ago last night!"
Obviously not, IDIOT!
Never sopping at that Target again.

membranoid
Feb 25, 2001

fart huffer
semen chugger
she probably just meant she was dead inside

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

membranoid posted:

she probably just meant she was dead inside

Oh that makes sense.
I guess I can stop driving to the next county over every time I want to shop at Target, then. Thanks!

So I was shopping for Christmas gifts at Spencer Gifts and came across a "farty butt" novelty farting butt. Right there for sale in the open where young children can see it! Naturally I was extremely offended. I complained to the manager (some punk with a lip ring who wouldn't even tuck in his shirt, highly unprofessional if you ask me) told me to "lighten up, dude!"
The nerve!
Spencer Gifts has lost a loyal customer.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
ive got a dead turd in my intestine that wants to be dropped off at the toilet lol

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

serious norman posted:

The jerkstore.

were they nice to u

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Jamesman posted:

I could go into more detail about the whole thing, but really, this one e-mail cemented why I think Blizzard's support has gone to absolute poo poo in recent times. They used to be so good, too.

tbf wow players are probably the most draining people to have to deal with. i remember i was at microcenter once and a grown man and his wife were having temper tantrums since their computers wouldn't get fixed in time for their raid that night. he kept on stressing the fact that he was RAIDING and people were DEPENDING ON HIM, like he was some corporate bigwig in sweatpants and morbidly obese

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Jamesman posted:

An actual e-mail I got from Blizzard's customer support when my account was supposedly hacked and I was banned as a result, and I had to jump through hoops through sort it all out.

also tbf didnt they fix your problem

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

when i get one of those costumer service evaluations i always give top marks even if the guy annoyed me or was unhelpful because i feel bad about ruining their chance for a raise

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Business Gorillas posted:

tbf wow players are probably the most draining people to have to deal with. i remember i was at microcenter once and a grown man and his wife were having temper tantrums since their computers wouldn't get fixed in time for their raid that night. he kept on stressing the fact that he was RAIDING and people were DEPENDING ON HIM, like he was some corporate bigwig in sweatpants and morbidly obese

I'm sure all the lovely WoW players are why they switched to a ticket system and won't let you call them anymore*, but when their customer service reps are ALSO lovely WoW players who talk down to you like an rear end in a top hat when you're dealing with security risks, it doesn't exactly make me sympathetic to their cause.

Alan Smithee posted:

also tbf didnt they fix your problem

Yes and no. They first emailed me, telling me I was banned for using third-party software (cheating). I e-mailed back, telling them not only did I not use any third-party software, I hadn't even played the game in about a year, so this was confusing to me.

They sent me a generic "we'll rollback your account" response to fix the banning, but did not inform me about why it happened in the first place. I wanted to talk more about their security and get more details about my account being compromised (or if it was just a mistake), and they completely ignored my concerns and sent me that poo poo.

All over the course of a week.

*They have a "callback service" and a live chat service, but at the time both of them were down.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
Actually, you know what? I had a problem with Blizzard. Back when Diablo 3 was the new poo poo and people were buying avatars with Diablo gold, I thought I'd get in on the racket. I wasn't one of the big wheels on the AH, I just constantly grinded for some book dropped in hard mode that you could sell for a quarter apiece real money. I've heard a lot of scuzzy things about PayPal from goons, so I went to the trouble of opening a new bank account just so I could buy and sell vidya game items. I made over a hundred bucks real money, but the bastards never let me cash it out for some reason, there was always some bullshit about "could not verify authentication at this time, please try again later" whenever I tried to convert it to real actual dollars.

I ended up gifting it to one of my close friends who's a huge World of Warcraft player so he got my money's worth out of it, but gently caress Blizzard. I will never touch one of their products again.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Audible also kinda sucks. I lost my login info and called customer service to cancel a recurring membership. They told me over the phone they couldn't do poo poo about it even if I supplied them with credit card info. I ended up having to call my credit card company to report that my card was stolen so I wouldn't get charged again.

I'm so glad that I read this because I've been tempted to take them up on their "Free Month!" before and then just cancel. At what point does "can't cancel recurring payments" count as credit card fraud?

Shooting Blanks posted:

UPS severely damaged a package several years ago, then refused to pay out the insurance that I'd paid for. I don't use UPS any more.

UPS is the worst shipping company I've ever dealt with. If I'm not paying attention on eBay I'll sometimes end up buying something where the seller uses them and I resign myself to be screwed.

Already paid for shipping and duties? Too bad, here's the bill, take it or leave it.

No duty or certain items between the U.S. and Canada? Too bad, here's the bill, take it or leave it.

I think it was UPS (Private) that tried to sue Canada Post (Public) once because Canada Post was so well run that UPS couldn't compete with them (Edit: yes it was, what a bunch of loving babies)

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
When I receive bad customer service I just kinda raise my eyebrows into my hair and let it slide.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
reading this op

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Professor Shark posted:

I'm so glad that I read this because I've been tempted to take them up on their "Free Month!" before and then just cancel. At what point does "can't cancel recurring payments" count as credit card fraud?

Yeah it's my fault for loving up and forgetting to cancel the service but it kinda sucked to force the CC company to block them.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Some guy in india told me thata the u.s. was a savage nation and I punched the walll like raging bull.

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp
I once ordered a brand new cisco router, but it wasn't brand new and had all the routing tables and acks from "redacted". I put that poo poo online with a proxy, then randomly reset it from time to time. Funny poo poo causing loop backs in a "redacted" companies network. I got bored doing this and put it in the closet. Some IT guy is still out there wondering WTF is this loop back coming from.

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Comcast, in the early 2000's you had to swap a set top box maybe once every two years, you could call and get a push sent to your equipment in about 10 minutes top (there was even an automated service for a while), and when you called to troubleshoot you got to talk to a person in America that was a tech. Now you have to find a store that isn't completely packed from people returning boxes daily, and one that hands out working units (wtf??), the Cisco set-top boxes take 30 loving god drat minutes to boot after a reset and its mostly a tactic to get you off the phone now, when you call in you're speaking to an indentured servant in India who will get his hands chopped off or something stupid if he ever deviates from the script and you end up calling 3-4 times until you get a mid level tech in the states. gently caress Comcast, big rear end villainous monopoly, NSA cock sucking piece of poo poo.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

SpeedGem posted:

I once ordered a brand new cisco router, but it wasn't brand new and had all the routing tables and acks from "redacted". I put that poo poo online with a proxy, then randomly reset it from time to time. Funny poo poo causing loop backs in a "redacted" companies network. I got bored doing this and put it in the closet. Some IT guy is still out there wondering WTF is this loop back coming from.

Look at this nerd poo poo that nobody understands lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Monstrous Dooklord posted:

Comcast, in the early 2000's you had to swap a set top box maybe once every two years, you could call and get a push sent to your equipment in about 10 minutes top (there was even an automated service for a while), and when you called to troubleshoot you got to talk to a person in America that was a tech. Now you have to find a store that isn't completely packed from people returning boxes daily, and one that hands out working units (wtf??), the Cisco set-top boxes take 30 loving god drat minutes to boot after a reset and its mostly a tactic to get you off the phone now, when you call in you're speaking to an indentured servant in India who will get his hands chopped off or something stupid if he ever deviates from the script and you end up calling 3-4 times until you get a mid level tech in the states. gently caress Comcast, big rear end villainous monopoly, NSA cock sucking piece of poo poo.

comcast sucks, but they do still have some american call centers (that are just as horrible as the foreign ones)

• Locked thread