Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

What are your experience with email marketing services like Constant Contact?

I've used Interspire and Campaign Enterprise before, but I don't really have any opinions about them. One runs on a server and the other isn't being developed anymore so it doesn't matter anyway.

quote:

I have a love hate relationship with Constant Contact. I just don't think they make user-friendly updates to their interfaces, and they have also been having major issues within the past few months (like the entire site being down for a day and work being lost). These haven't directly affected me, but hopefully ______ didn't lose work. Overall I think I've just gotten used to the issues, but people who are newer to using it definitely struggle.

I would be totally open to looking at other options, but the problem is that all our archives are in constant contact — for example, ______ often send buyers past issues of her newsletter, and I think we would lose all that if we switched services. I've heard good things about MailChimp, but I don't think constant contact info could be imported.

That's from our marketing person, and I can say "Well there's XYZ" but that's about all the insight I can give.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

I use constant contact to send out emails to our customer base a few times a year, and I've got to say its got about the easiest UI I've ever seen. I've never used it from a marketing perspective though, only notification emails for things like service outages and network down times.

I do appreciate integrated out-out functionality that it has, overall it seems pretty decent.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Yea, I remember it being convenient to use. I was working with someone who used it for advertising/marketing and it was good.

I haven't used it in a few years but based on how it was working at the time I would've recommended it. Maybe they've gone downhill in recent times.

ThinkFear
Sep 15, 2007

I switched from ConstantContact to mailchimp recently, with no regrets. Better pricing and a superior interface, in my opinion. Contact list imported no problem.

Spamius
Mar 17, 2009
My work uses Signupto, they've got a good UI and service is reliable and fairly decently priced. Service is mainly aimed towards UK and australia and support has been excellent in UK office hours in my experience - pretty good alternative to Mailchimp I think.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

We just sent out a few mailers for the first time ever (after 4 years in operation); we used Campaign Monitor which seems like a nice mix between the "does everything, costs a lot" and "does nothing costs a little" services. Nothing too in depth; just a Black Friday and then Cyber Monday mailer. Open rates were about 30% and click rates were about 15%, which is pretty good for what is essentially a cold call/first email.

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
I recommend MailChimp, especially because there is a really nice free tier for non-profits and small stuff. It's a nice interface - they could use some fixes to make Youtube video integration a little easier. Once you learn it though, it's pretty straightforward.

Plus, one time, I got a free t-shirt from them.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Scaramouche posted:

We just sent out a few mailers for the first time ever (after 4 years in operation); we used Campaign Monitor which seems like a nice mix between the "does everything, costs a lot" and "does nothing costs a little" services. Nothing too in depth; just a Black Friday and then Cyber Monday mailer. Open rates were about 30% and click rates were about 15%, which is pretty good for what is essentially a cold call/first email.
Campaign Monitor's got a good template builder and decent analytics, and doesn't cost very much. SendGrid fits a similar market position.

Basically any service is going to have an API.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Email marketing services? Psh. We run an SMTP server and just directly mail people from our database. 25,000 bounced emails/throttling & blacklist notifications going to support? Not my problem!

:suicide:

On the upside I finally talked sense into people and we're investigatng some of these email services so hopefully that will be a thing of the past. We just need a service which notifies us (in an exportable preferably CSV format) which addresses were unreachable so we can update things on our end.

• Locked thread