Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

If y'all haven't been playing on the weekends, they keep adding "this weekend only!" packs available in the store. Last weekend it was a 15000 gold pack for each class with guaranteed rares (I didn't have the time to get one though), and this weekend there are 2400 gold packs with 10 leather, metal, or cloth (1 Tier 3 guaranteed, 2 Tier 2 guaranteed). I hope they permanently add some of these.

Fojar38 posted:

The main difference I've noticed between DA:I's multiplayer and ME3's multiplayer is that the former requires you to work as a team more than the latter, which naturally means that pubs fail a lot lot lot lot more in DA:I. There always seems to be that one retard who decides that this match they'll grind out some levels on their Level One Avaar even though it's on threatening and they spend the entire game charging in and dying.

Also nobody but me seems to ever spec into barriers.
This is definitely true on Threatening or Perilous. gently caress that guy.

Also, it's me. I'm the other person who specs into barriers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes
A patch to mp dropped sometime in June or July that upped the damage on a bunch of underused skills/spells. Also, the armor values on armor were radically increased, made the game a ton easier.

PSN ID(PS4): Steamshovel_Dan WiiU: Steamshovel (not playing it ATM)

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Golgozor posted:

A patch to mp dropped sometime in June or July that upped the damage on a bunch of underused skills/spells. Also, the armor values on armor were radically increased, made the game a ton easier.

Is it good tho

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Darth Windu posted:

Is it good tho

*crickets*

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
Unless they overhaul the MP to be more intune with ME3's, it's all too little too late. Also it's not very fun.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

What killed it for me, I think, was the movement. It never felt as smooth as ME. I was so excited for a MP DA dungeon crawling experience.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Single and multi both have a problem where movement is just not as fast as it should be.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

omg chael crash posted:

What killed it for me, I think, was the movement. It never felt as smooth as ME. I was so excited for a MP DA dungeon crawling experience.

Same, and they let me insanely down

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I just really can't see how they thought the MP in this would have anywhere near the draw of ME3MP, or how their testers didn't say "yo dudes this poo poo is hideously boring".

Unless it's some situation where by the time it was obviously not-good it was too late in the single-player dev cycle and they couldn't scrap it and start over.

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!
The movement just seems slow and collecting gear seems like an even bigger grind than ME3 was.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

I pretty much just play this occasionally on the weekends now, and I don't usually have time to complete the weekend challenges.

Really the movement speed is the thing I like least about DA:I multiplayer. You can only get around it with Zither's run speed buff, or occasionally with passives like increase run speed on crit or just using Charging Bull or Fade Step constantly. Also y'all are holding shift, right? There is a "run" button, it just doesn't make you go that much faster. My second least favorite thing, which feels the most grindy, is how loving hard it is to get crafting materials you want, especially cloth. You're supposed to buy lots of chests and salvage all the junk you get in them, which is fine, but there should just be a way to buy chests of materials (they did this experimentally one weekend! It was great and I have no idea why they haven't implemented that.)

Honestly, the grind is far less lovely on higher difficulties--you get exponentially more XP and gold, and better equipment. But that requires playing with a team with a modicum of cohesion, which pubbies are generally incapable of. I do think that the time it takes for someone to get remotely decent equipment is too steep, and that's really offputting to new players.

The new characters you can unlock are also far more fun than the original set (I really like Zither, the Avaar, and the Silent Sister), and also much easier to play on higher difficulties because they also tend to be better at generating guard or barriers, and they also have more dynamic playstyles.

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
Picked up the GOTY edition on PS4, so anyone still playing MP ?

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Add me: literallygary

I'll probably play if I'm on and you send me a message

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
Anyone playing this on PC still, anyone hope for even finding pubbies to play with? I was hoping it would be as good as ME3 multi but it didn't seem to catch on as well. Has the newest MP update made it any better?

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

Yep, I still play (Origin ID: stroopendous). I'm mostly on to do the weekend challenges, like I said before. Never have any issue finding pubbies to play with. I think there was a lull for a while in terms of population, but with the last DLC coming out, there seem to be more people.

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003

Stroop There It Is posted:

Yep, I still play (Origin ID: stroopendous). I'm mostly on to do the weekend challenges, like I said before. Never have any issue finding pubbies to play with. I think there was a lull for a while in terms of population, but with the last DLC coming out, there seem to be more people.

I'll have to add you on origin. Tried a few matches tonight and never got paired with anyone. Finally got a match after about 30 lost connection to session errors. Wow that is frustrating.

B-Mac fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Oct 12, 2015

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

B-Mac posted:

I'll have to add you on origin. Tried a few matches tonight and never got paired with anyone. Finally got a match after about 30 lost connection to session errors. Wow that is frustrating.
It is very possible that you do not have all the multiplayer DLC installed. Check out the Origin page, you have to manually grab them from there. Until you install those your playerbase consists of other people that did not know about this.

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003

Wooze posted:

It is very possible that you do not have all the multiplayer DLC installed. Check out the Origin page, you have to manually grab them from there. Until you install those your playerbase consists of other people that did not know about this.

Hmmm alright I thought multiplayer dlc automatically got added but I'll have to look now. Thanks.

Sure as poo poo you were right, none of the dlc was installed.

B-Mac fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Oct 12, 2015

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Sooo, I'm assuming this isn't anywhere near as good as ME3's mp judging by how dead this thread is?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
It is Bad. Sorry, friend.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Deakul posted:

Sooo, I'm assuming this isn't anywhere near as good as ME3's mp judging by how dead this thread is?

Not even in the same ballpark. Not even playing the same game

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Been playing this the last few days. Having a nice weapon for every class is very helpful, so thanks people who did all the community challenges for me. Zither popped out of a chest, and he seems cool, but heck if I'll be able to remember what combination of notes does what. :(

The game feels very DnD to me, and probably would've hooked me earlier and for longer if the loot system was better and it moved just a bit faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

So, is the high dragon supposed to be an enormous wall of HP that re-guards constantly, or do these guys (and myself) just suck and lack the DPS to handle that fight?

• Locked thread