Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Hey all, didn't see a thread for this so I thought I'd make one. This thread is about the scene in Twin Peaks season 2 episode 2, where Ben Horne and his brother Jerry in front of a fireplace. Jerry eats a smoked cheese pig, and makes a remark that he doesn't want to burn it in the fireplace. Here's some pictures to jog your memory, if you haven't seen the show in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Reserved

RichardDunn
Oct 23, 2008
Finally a thread for this scene

Golden Gate Bride
Oct 23, 2008
knife to meet you
good scene, excellent show.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
The sandwich scene is better.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Basebf555 posted:

The sandwich scene is better.

Why isn't there a thread for it, then.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Why isn't there a thread for it, then.

Wouldn't be as much of a crowd pleaser. Brie is an acquired taste.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
I want to try one for myself.. The one he's eating in that scene looks pretty tasty.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

We had those vikings by the horns! What happened?
E: sandwich scene is way better, but any thread for it would just be hundreds of people agreeing, then it gets closed when the trolls come in, talking about pete's fish in the percolator.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
I wanted to try the sandwich, but I want to try the smoked cheese pig even more.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Nothing good is on TV tonight so I'm stickying this for the night. Jerry Horne needs more appreciation.

...even if the sandwich scene is better.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Bump

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
To elaborate, the reason the sandwich scene is better is because Jerry just strolls into what looks like an important meeting and Ben immediately drops everything and tears into the sandwich like there's nobody else in the room. The looks on the other people around the table are priceless.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
Not to mention the pretty subtle and risque (for the time) joke Ben makes likening the sandwich to cunnlingus with a a virgin or whore or some poo poo like that which only got past the censors because he said it half unintelligibly with a mouthful of utterly delicious bread and brie.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
Apparently smoked cheese pigs don't exist in real life anymore because all my googling just turns up stuff about Jerry :smithicide:

edit: yeah the sandwich scene was the Horne family sitting around having dinner and all of a sudden Jerry shows up with the sandwiches and then Ben bids his family goodnight and the brothers Horne hop in a speedboat and go to their brothel in Canada. Incredible scene.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gatekeeper posted:

edit: yeah the sandwich scene was the Horne family sitting around having dinner and all of a sudden Jerry shows up with the sandwiches and then Ben bids his family goodnight and the brothers Horne hop in a speedboat and go to their brothel in Canada. Incredible scene.

Oh poo poo yea I forgot that its actually his family, so its even better because he instantly forgets about whatever meal they were eating at the time. I always found the Jerry and Ben Horne brotherly relationship very touching in an odd way. Maybe because I never had a brother, just a sister.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
Marshmallows?! Ben, where are the hickory sticks?!

• Locked thread