Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Relentlessboredomm posted:

This is the sort of thing that convinces me people have no attention span. One impressive game freshest in people's memory and suddenly everything else is forgotten.

He who speaks last speaks loudest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Zippy the Bummer posted:

there are two good teams in the Big 10: OSU, and MSU. all the rest are dogshit. complete trash. the only reason any other big 10 teams were even ranked his year is because they either beat worse big 10 teams that were ranked for some unknown reason (certainly not for being good) or because they played their one truly good game of the season against an actual good team, then continued sucking but still won because they played conference games in a poo poo trash conference

there are two good teams in the ACC: FSU, and GT. all the rest are dogshit. complete trash. the only reason any other ACC teams were even ranked his year is because they either beat worse ACC teams that were ranked for some unknown reason (certainly not for being good) or because they played their one truly good game of the season against an actual good team, then continued sucking but still won because they played conference games in a poo poo trash conference

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

sportsgenius86 posted:

No casual fan gives the slightest gently caress whatsoever about TCU or loving Baylor and that shouldn't matter but you'd have to be a big gigantic crybaby retard to think that it doesn't

I bet a poo poo load of people in Texas will suddenly be TCU or Baylor fans if either team wins the national title. Basing anything on fans is stupid because fans are just massive herds of idiots that rush to successful teams.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I bet a poo poo load of people in Texas will suddenly be TCU or Baylor fans if either team wins the national title. Basing anything on fans is stupid because fans are just massive herds of idiots that rush to successful teams.

Lol if you think fairness means more than money

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

sportsgenius86 posted:

Lol if you think fairness means more than money

Oh I don't I just think if they cared so much about money it'd be an 8 team playoff.

Deteriorata posted:

there are two good teams in the ACC: FSU, and GT. all the rest are dogshit. complete trash. the only reason any other ACC teams were even ranked his year is because they either beat worse ACC teams that were ranked for some unknown reason (certainly not for being good) or because they played their one truly good game of the season against an actual good team, then continued sucking but still won because they played conference games in a poo poo trash conference

This would carry more weight if a terrible ACC team hadn't beaten your conference champ. Plus the ACC was consistently good in out of conference games this year.

Here just read this through and get back to me:

http://thebiglead.com/2014/12/03/was-the-acc-the-nations-best-college-football-conference-in-2014/

Chiken n' Waffles
Mar 11, 2001

Zippy the Bummer posted:

there are two good teams in the Big 10: OSU, and MSU. all the rest are dogshit. complete trash. the only reason any other big 10 teams were even ranked his year is because they either beat worse big 10 teams that were ranked for some unknown reason (certainly not for being good) or because they played their one truly good game of the season against an actual good team, then continued sucking but still won because they played conference games in a poo poo trash conference

Your tears are delicious.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Zippy the Bummer posted:

That's your opinion. Fortunately we actually know the committee's opinion, which was that Wisconsin was the 13th best team in the country.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Oh I don't I just think if they cared so much about money it'd be an 8 team playoff.

This would carry more weight if a terrible ACC team hadn't beaten your conference champ. Plus the ACC was consistently good in out of conference games this year.

Here just read this through and get back to me:

http://thebiglead.com/2014/12/03/was-the-acc-the-nations-best-college-football-conference-in-2014/

Clemson is really good and lol at that muschapmp gif

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

Chiken n' Waffles posted:

Your tears are delicious.

.....i pull for the huskers. they did not play today.

edit: this is not the aftermath thread, i see what you mean. i was mainly lamenting how bad the big 10 was and how bad that transitively makes the huskers. oops

Zippy the Bummer fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Dec 7, 2014

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

HarlanHell posted:

The Big 12 should be punished for not having a championship game like every other freaking conference. Leave their teams out this year an hope they get the message.

Sorry your teams are afraid of the Round Robin Gauntlet. :smuggo:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Ohio State has more good QBs than the Big 12 lol

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I'm just gonna go back and focus my energy on the FCS playoffs this year, this 4 team nonsense is too dumb

Go Redbirds!

Abe Froman
Jul 2, 2003

The Sausage King of Chicago
Wins over FBS opponents:

Ohio State 12
TCU 10
Baylor 10

:)

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing Black Sorcery

This is the sort of thing that convinces me people have no attention span. One impressive game freshest in people's memory and suddenly everything else is forgotten.

Nope Big Ten is absolutely the worst. Saying oh haha Mizzou lost to Indiana doesn't mean poo poo since Mizzou got their loving face kicked in the SEC title game.

It's a good thing that OSU hasn't lost to any Big Ten teams in three seasons except 2013 Michigan State, then.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Alouicious posted:

I'm just gonna go back and focus my energy on the FCS playoffs this year, this 4 team nonsense is too dumb

Go Redbirds!

Drop down a division and cheer for a real champion like Northwest Missouri State :smug:

poo poo they lost like 2 weeks ago, that tournament starts really early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

FuzzySkinner posted:

This, this, this, this, this.

Also.

8 team playoff.

Big 5 conference champions

1 non-Big 5 champion

2 At-large.

Get it THE gently caress DONE.

why bother with conference champs? then you get terrible teams in like what the ACC was putting out a few years ago. Top 7 + 1 non-big 5 champ if they're in the top 15 or #8 if they are not.

also is football over? I think football is over.

• Locked thread