Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I thought Kevin was bringing the guitars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
let's take a break and do our Reddit AMA

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
*abandoned long-term financially and emotionally supportive significant other the moment I signed a record deal*

*refuse to acknowledge the 16 year old girl I got pregnant on tour and get a court injunction preventing the press from reporting on it*

verily carefree
Apr 5, 2014

key change, key change, key change. horn section.

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014
Eli I know blending the sound from three different amps is an important part of your tone, but we really are starting to run out of room in the van, can you at least narrow it down to two?

Applewhite posted:

I thought Kevin was bringing the guitars.

At least he remembered the weed though

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
let's call our next song "Mulligrub Stabwounds"

great idea! hey let's throw some spanish in that one.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Nah, man, I really think our fans will appreciate the Debussy

Propaganda Hour fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Dec 5, 2014

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Guys, we need to add another instrument to our 7 instrument ensemble, the addition of the electric violin wasn't enough. Dave said he knows a guy who can play an electric tuba, what do you think about splitting the revenue 8 ways instead?

Also for the integrity of our sound I really think we should only release our new material on vinyl and they should only be sold in brick-and-mortar stores for cash, because down with the system or something

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

*looks at distortion pedal, sighs, doesn't use it*

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

Otto von Ruthless posted:

Eli I know blending the sound from three different amps is an important part of your tone, but we really are starting to run out of room in the van, can you at least narrow it down to two?

No Eli I don't mean the Twin Reverb, calm down

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
what do you mean you have "a riff" we need to work on atmosphere here stewart this songs going to be half the lp and we cant waste our time on "a riff"

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
*releases lovely album*

Pitchfork loves us!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Frank we need to talk, I was watching the video of us doing NPR's Tiny Desk Concert and I notice you kept rubbing your crotch against Bob Boilen's chair.

a cloth map
Oct 29, 2011

No thanks. I'm a Government man.

"some critic" posted:

The goal was to be a fast paced mysterious hardcore band, but no one was on the same page so it just became punked out artsy noise rock. It’s not the kind of hardcore made by people that can beat you up, but by man children with Criterion collections and pay-per-view subscriptions to wrestling. They think they’re making genre defying loud music, but in reality its crummy disposable noise that’s probably best for soon to be forgotten house shows. They probably won’t win you over but at least they won’t look like they tried too hard.

:iceburn:

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

shiksa posted:

what do you mean you have "a riff" we need to work on atmosphere here stewart this songs going to be half the lp and we cant waste our time on "a riff"

Also I've been meaning to talk to you about your playing, Stewart. It's too busy.
How are the other six guitarists' clean, reverbed two note motifs supposed to layer properly if you're noodling all over them?
Your spotlights are during "When And If It Was How They All Had Gone Before Them At The First" and "Nocturna: Part 8".
You can jerk it all you want then, but we really need to let these others breeeeeeeeeeathe.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Hey guys, I know the label dropped us because our last album was over budget, but I think if we set up a kickstarter we can get our fans to fund the album for us. We can even give back, like, anyone who donates $50 or more can get a copy on vinyl.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
We need a second bassist.

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
I'm gay

I mean, tell our publicist I'm gay

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
goldenpalace.com the band

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i swear to god trevor if you take one more singing lesson you're out of the band. we need you self-conscious and incompetent or this will never work.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

Gay Roads posted:

We need a second bassist.

*we already have two bassists*

WELL THEN WE NEED A THIRD BASSIST

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat
Guys, I got this great recording of a tramp screaming at traffic! Dave, break out the 8 string bass, we're going to get tonal

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

The good thing is that everyone around you has more critical failures in combat, the bad thing is - so do you!

ghlbtsk posted:

WELL THEN WE NEED A THIRD BASSIST

Why Trevor? Why? The HELL, man? What are we gonna do, open up with an ironic cover of "Big Bottom" by Spinal Tap?

*Storms off, knocks over a mic stand in frustration*

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

White Dog Eggs posted:

Guys, I got this great recording of a tramp screaming at traffic! Dave, break out the 8 string bass, we're going to get tonal

psh, a tramp sample? so gavin bryars, david. don't be so derivative.

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

Gay Roads posted:

psh, a tramp sample? so gavin bryars, david. don't be so derivative.

What's that Keith? You're opening your mouth but all I hear is THE SAME STUPID poo poo YOU ALWAYS SAY OH LOOK MY NAME IS KEITH I HAVE A THERAMIN YET SOMEHOW I'M NOT DROWNING IN PUSSY. God!

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

White Dog Eggs posted:

What's that Keith? You're opening your mouth but all I hear is THE SAME STUPID poo poo YOU ALWAYS SAY OH LOOK MY NAME IS KEITH I HAVE A THERAMIN YET SOMEHOW I'M NOT DROWNING IN PUSSY. God!

excuse me, it's an ondes martenot. worlds of difference between that and a theramin. but i guess you'd need to figure out what harmonic minor means before you get that, huh? :smug:

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat

Gay Roads posted:

excuse me, it's an ondes martenot. worlds of difference between that and a theramin. but i guess you'd need to figure out what harmonic minor means before you get that, huh? :smug:

Ohhhhh my loving mistake, how stupid of me, that'll make all the loving difference won't it? YES THAT'S CORRECT LADIES, I'VE GOT AN ONDES MARTENOT! LET ME HAND YOU A TOWEL.

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat
Great, now I need to go and meditate. Good job Keith!

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

White Dog Eggs posted:

Great, now I need to go and meditate. Good job Keith!

heh. i always knew you were the george of the group.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Ok so our black metal influenced album was a bad idea, put away the inverted crosses boys and bring out the mjolnr pendants and lutes because we're trying folk

onionmaster
Oct 11, 2012
Well this album's going to be a return to our earlier, 'classic' work. We were starting to get somewhere on our third album but our fanbase accused us of being 'mainstream' and I can't take that chance. To that end, we'll focus on theremin, mellotron, banjo and drum machine. And let's have some robotic vocals.

All together now, from the top.

The Corner Was An Abstract Concept: Part 1 - The Illusion Of Reality (20:00) (Part 1 of 3)

The corner was an abstract concept
Two sides attached at a 90 degree angle, attached to the floor
Each corner a pyramid
Each pyramid a corner

Each corner
Stands perpendicular to all the other corners
But only the corners in the room
All corners are corners, but not real corners

Is the reality an illusion
Is the illusion the reality

(theremin solo)

Repeat chorus

(dog whistle solo)

(wordless whining breakdown section)

(repeat song in reverse, fade out)

End of Part 1

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

You know, I've wanted us to do a concept album for years. And of course we have to bounce ideas off each other, that's what being a band is all about. But don't you find it weird that Chris only wants to do...Nazi concepts?

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
Aaaawoooahhhhhh

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
i'm high

i'm high on crack

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
don't think of it as selling the house you grew up in, Bob, think of it as thirty more seconds we can afford to pay Tunde Adebimpe to sing on the single

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
We're going to call it "Weed Carpet" get a macro shot of the carpet under the coffee table for the cover.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Now that I have every variation of the tube screamer it's time to chain them together in series and then split that signal to every variation of the AC30. What could possibly go wrong?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
the new ep it sounds.... hm.... it sounds... gay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
sits alone in his dim bedroom for five hours trying to sort out mixed emotions about drum machines

• Locked thread