Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
whoa man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
sorry everybody you missed it

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
I forgive you.

BouncingBuckyBalls
Feb 15, 2011
190,000 users total.
190,001 users total.

That was fast.

az
Dec 2, 2005

no its 190001 now way to be wrong

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

az posted:

no its 190001 now way to be wrong

let's burn him

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
Makes me how wonder how much money total has been made from registrations; you have to take pre-fee registrations into account. Seems like SA has made over 1.5 million from registration fees, which... has probably not even covered server fees.

az
Dec 2, 2005

Saalkin posted:

let's burn him

:omarcomin:

youre done here op

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Leroy Dennui posted:

Makes me how wonder how much money total has been made from registrations; you have to take pre-fee registrations into account. Seems like SA has made over 1.5 million from registration fees, which... has probably not even covered server fees.

Yeah it's 190k users over the last 14 years. When I joined in 2005, there were about 65,000 people.

Well, going off napkin math, it's like 120k a year on average, but probably not really. Probably thin years and thick years, if you know what I'm saying.

Plus radium and moving the servers from Orleans or whatever after Katrina.

Plus taxes, even if they are on the down low

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
but only like 10,000 people post

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

BouncingBuckyBalls posted:

190,000 users total.
190,001 users total.

That was fast.

that was me

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
registered users don't count unban money. lowtax is actually a thousandaire

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
They just making it up:

Whos logging in unregistered?

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
thats 190 000 00 Bucks, Lowtax is loaded !!!

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

quote:

We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

is 10 bucks really that much?

open container
Sep 16, 2008

serious norman posted:

I WASN'T THE PRINCIPAL WHEN I WAS ONE!

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Rapman the Cook posted:

quote:

We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

is 10 bucks really that much?
hmm. and only 78 bans last month. things aren ot looking good

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

serious norman posted:

almost 2 million bucks over 15 years?? poo poo this motherfucker is living like a GOD

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
livin' large

livin' large . . .

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

im 189,990 of those account... becuase i am fat

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
I foresee that the 200000nd user will bring either rebirth or destruction to this forum

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
the actual user numbers are much lower this is just a way to launder money

Uxzuigal
Jan 16, 2013

Chill Berserker Dude

uG posted:

the actual user numbers are much lower this is just a way to launder money

Is it also possible to get them to launder underpants? I am a very lazy person and my wife is looking at me in an uncomfortable way. I suspect the pile of underwear, which might now be the entity that registered to break our 190,000 is alive.

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
That's almost $19000

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Beef Turret posted:

I foresee that the 200000nd user will bring either rebirth or destruction to this forum

the 100,000th didnt do poo poo

http://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=100000

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

http://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=190000

Now we gotta raise him right

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Leroy Dennui posted:

When you consider what Lowtax has to pay in taxes and on server fees and credit card processing and whatnot, he probably makes $3 on every $10 transaction. Dude's probably doing fine assuming that he didn't spend it all on hookers & blow, but proceeds from SA aren't exactly high living.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kidsolo
Dec 4, 2006

Give the dog a bone
What the hell is wrong with you people? That is a fair swag of money for someone that rented an office purely to play games and gently caress around. I wouldn't mind a cut of it for doing nothing

• Locked thread