Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

LeeMajors posted:

Auburn with Muschamp is certainly a terrifying prospect, but Ellis Johnson was a really good defensive coach at South Carolina. I don't think he just became lovely overnight. I'm not so sure their defensive problems aren't somewhat talent-related.

Not to mention if Auburn blows up, Muschamp will get another shot at a head coaching job in the not-too-distant future.

It's a temporary problem.

Unless it was a ploy to get more money, he interviewed for the Houston job, so somewhere was at least interested enough in giving him another head coaching job anyway. I feel like it is a matter of time that he 'll head coach again. maybe this time he might surround himself with the people he needs to successfully manage his team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school

LeeMajors posted:

Auburn with Muschamp is certainly a terrifying prospect, but Ellis Johnson was a really good defensive coach at South Carolina. I don't think he just became lovely overnight. I'm not so sure their defensive problems aren't somewhat talent-related.

Not to mention if Auburn blows up, Muschamp will get another shot at a head coaching job in the not-too-distant future.

It's a temporary problem.

Next year will be very interesting for just this reason, I still can't figure out if the problem was Ellis Johnson being a total pile of poo poo, or the fact that the players in our secondary just don't have the talent to succeed. Our defensive line, throughout the past few years of miserable pass defense, has never stuck out as a problem, and at times has been quite good, so it could be a player-related issue. Likely the problem is a mix of the two issues, but I'm very much looking forward to seeing what Muschamp can do with this group of players. Either way, it will likely bring a boost in recruiting, which will help our secondary overall.

Hopefully Auburn can hold the Muschamp-Malzhan combo together, because on paper is basically a dream scenario for us.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Shappa posted:

Next year will be very interesting for just this reason, I still can't figure out if the problem was Ellis Johnson being a total pile of poo poo, or the fact that the players in our secondary just don't have the talent to succeed. Our defensive line, throughout the past few years of miserable pass defense, has never stuck out as a problem, and at times has been quite good, so it could be a player-related issue. Likely the problem is a mix of the two issues, but I'm very much looking forward to seeing what Muschamp can do with this group of players. Either way, it will likely bring a boost in recruiting, which will help our secondary overall.

Hopefully Auburn can hold the Muschamp-Malzhan combo together, because on paper is basically a dream scenario for us.

I hope he disappoints you the way he disappointed us.

I'm not sure how long you've been an Auburn fan, but prepare yourself for a landslide of personal fouls.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

OH GOD THERE'S NO FOOTBALL ON

I'M WATCHING SOCCER

SOCCER, LIZ LEMON

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Army-Navy is on at 3 my friend

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

oh, i saw it was on CBS sports at like 8AM, but it must just be an old game

wootmachine
Aug 28, 2006

HAIL SABAN
I am so worried

about Will Muschamp defenses.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

wootmachine posted:

I am so worried

Yeah exactly. We legit had more problems containing Jeff Driskel than we did moving the ball on that defense.

Allahu Snackbar
Apr 16, 2003

I came all the way from Taipei today, now Bangkok's pissin' rain and I'm goin' blind again.
The Will Muschamp defense covertly coated the ball in chicken fat that game.

I've never been angrier in a game where we beat the poo poo out of another team

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Allahu Snackbar posted:

The Will Muschamp defense covertly coated the ball in chicken fat that game.

I've never been angrier in a game where we beat the poo poo out of another team

That game's a great example of why Nick Saban is the best coach in college football though. The explosiveness was already there, but we had like a billion penalties, fumbles, and overall silly plays. That poo poo is pretty much gone now.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

UGA's Kolton Houston has been granted a 6th year. He had some issues that after an injury while a high school junior, his doctor injected with norandalone and it didn't metabolize from his system and stayed in fat deposits until 2013. Guys is a great player and I'm glad to see him get another year.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

R.D. Mangles posted:

OH GOD THERE'S NO FOOTBALL ON

I'M WATCHING SOCCER

SOCCER, LIZ LEMON

FCS quarterfinal is on and fairly entertaining

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Apparently Tim Tebow will be in the broadcast booth of the Peach Bowl, this wasn't in ESPN's pr the other day

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

KKKLIP ART posted:

UGA's Kolton Houston has been granted a 6th year. He had some issues that after an injury while a high school junior, his doctor injected with norandalone and it didn't metabolize from his system and stayed in fat deposits until 2013. Guys is a great player and I'm glad to see him get another year.

unless he had a bone marrow transplant or or bone cancer there is no legitimate medical reason i can think of to shoot a kid with nandrolone, a high potency steroid banned in every sport at every level, especially if that kid is planning on being an athlete who they know could be tested. you'll test for it for a max of a year after taking it (worst case scenario) because yes it is fat soluble but that doesnt really have anything to do with it being used for an injury? that story doesn't make any sense to me and it just sounds like this kid was doping and had an idiot complicit doctor but swickles can probably weigh in better than i

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

wootmachine posted:

I am so worried

Those do deserve laugh tracks, but showing footage of two TD passes isn't really telling the whole story. Alabama had twice the time of possession in that game. Some of that is due to defensive lapses, but I think you have to consider also the impact of a lovely offense leaving the Florida D on the field the entire game. Not just in that game, but throughout a lot of Muschamp's tenure. If you look at the stats, Muschamp has had great defenses at Florida in spite of an offense that did everything in its power to gently caress over the defense. And he'll be working with an Auburn offense which appears to be Saban Kryptonite.

The LeeMajors comment about undisciplined players is drat true, though.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

dphi posted:

FCS quarterfinal is on and fairly entertaining

This game actually owns. NDSU has a four-toed kicker and Coastal Carolina just housed a kickoff to tie it.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Yeah people should be watching this game.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Is the Div III final just Mount Union/UW Whitewater every year? Someone needs to step up.

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

R.D. Mangles posted:

Is the Div III final just Mount Union/UW Whitewater every year? Someone needs to step up.

Yeah pretty much. And they both are purple and white so it looks identical every year. Fun game to go to if you're ever down in SWVA for Christmas though. Went with fellow goon ZSB when we were both down at VT.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

That NDSU tight end is Big Ten as gently caress

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
TOUCHDOWN BISON

wootmachine
Aug 28, 2006

HAIL SABAN

LLCoolJD posted:

Those do deserve laugh tracks, but showing footage of two TD passes isn't really telling the whole story. Alabama had twice the time of possession in that game. Some of that is due to defensive lapses, but I think you have to consider also the impact of a lovely offense leaving the Florida D on the field the entire game. Not just in that game, but throughout a lot of Muschamp's tenure. If you look at the stats, Muschamp has had great defenses at Florida in spite of an offense that did everything in its power to gently caress over the defense. And he'll be working with an Auburn offense which appears to be Saban Kryptonite.

Both of those were in the first quarter. If they're tired at that point....

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

R.D. Mangles posted:

That NDSU tight end is Big Ten as gently caress

He's bad?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

He has dumb long hair and is a Wildlife and Fisheries major who likes to hunt and fish in the cold, and he is also an FCS-caliber athlete

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

LLCoolJD posted:

On the other hand though, that defense only ever stopped Alabama through wacky turnovers and Saban could have basically chosen how many points he wanted in the fourth quarter. Alabama was moving the ball however they wanted and gave it away time after time. And saying the Auburn offense is "Saban Kryptonite" is ridiculous because the Iron Bowl this year didn't feature the Auburn offense--they abandoned the core concepts and threw deep on every play, because just like everyone else, they stood no chance trying to run the ball. As a matter of fact the plays they went HUNH were less effective, to the point they were effectively just wasting plays in the redzone when they tried (not to mention the times they tried to go too fast and got so discombobulated they had to burn a timeout while Saban watched on serenely).

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Auburn fans are going to love the 3rd down stops only for the drive to be kept going due to hilarious late hits

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I forgot that the Coastal Carolina coach is the former billionaire CEO who just decided to make himself a football coach.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

wootmachine posted:

Both of those were in the first quarter. If they're tired at that point....

Yeah. We had a litany of blown coverages this year.

See: Close-call against UK, two big blown coverages took us to overtime.

His D is aggressive and was definitely the highlight of the past four years, but we've had significantly better defenses at UF under Charlie Strong and Bob Stoops.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Naw, unlike the Big Ten, NDSU tends to win their games against the Big XII.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

R.D. Mangles posted:

I forgot that the Coastal Carolina coach is the former billionaire CEO who just decided to make himself a football coach.

That was an interesting story I hadn't heard before. And the announcers were saying the Jets should be looking at him as a replacement for Ryan.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

dphi posted:

That was an interesting story I hadn't heard before. And the announcers were saying the Jets should be looking at him as a replacement for Ryan.

It's a cool story but :what:

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

drunk leprechaun posted:

Yeah pretty much. And they both are purple and white so it looks identical every year. Fun game to go to if you're ever down in SWVA for Christmas though. Went with fellow goon ZSB when we were both down at VT.

Stagg Bowl! I went last year, some old couple handed us a pair of free tickets they had as we were going to the ticket office to buy some. Included a pass to the hospitality tent too :getin:

Fun game to watch as a neutral, even if it was a blowout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Shall we create a small GDT for the Army/Navy game and the lower division playoffs?

e: nm, didn't see the army/navy thread.

kayakyakr fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Dec 13, 2014

• Locked thread