Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
the trick is to find a woman as cynical and abrasive as yourself so you can spend an afternoon together making fun of people of all genders and colors imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

keyvin posted:

No, I meant your posting really loving sucks.

You should post in that thread then. I stand by those posts, he hasn't said a single thing that shows them to be off the mark.

Also why did you add a line to my second post

I think I think relationships are a lot more fragile than you do

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

a posting ghost posted:

You should post in that thread then. I stand by those posts, he hasn't said a single thing that shows them to be off the mark.

Also why did you add a line to my second post

I think I think relationships are a lot more fragile than you do

Relationships tend to not work out if you start them with a sweet neg.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Robo Reagan posted:

the trick is to find a woman as cynical and abrasive as yourself so you can spend an afternoon together making fun of people of all genders and colors imo

Have you found this..i have never met a truly cynical woman, cynicism requires a measure of introspection. Jaded is not cynical, ive met plenty of women who put on a good jaded veneer

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Robo Reagan posted:

Have you found this..i have never met a truly cynical woman, cynicism requires a measure of introspection. Jaded is not cynical, ive met plenty of women who put on a good jaded veneer

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

a posting ghost posted:

Ok, I see the FYAD gimmick now. I just don't understand what is funny about it.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

keyvin posted:

Ok, I see the FYAD gimmick now. I just don't understand what is funny about it.

not a gimmick. my thoughts troll harder than any fyad sap. i dont mean to cause offense though, just wanted to say a few things. im done. take it away keyvin, give em somethin to chew on

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

a posting ghost posted:

not a gimmick. my thoughts troll harder than any fyad sap. i dont mean to cause offense though, just wanted to say a few things. im done. take it away keyvin, give em somethin to chew on

Something to chew on:

There are neurological differences between men and women. Anyone who says otherwise is pushing an agenda rooted in gender studies stupidity.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Robo Reagan posted:

im not racist i hate everyone equally - all racists

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Robo Reagan posted:

no, white women are pretty loving terrible

agreed

RideTheSpiral posted:

im unironically racist but its not too bad so im cool with it

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

a posting ghost posted:

my thoughts troll harder than any fyad sap

lol if you actually believe this

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Here are some women's pants that are made out of fire hoses - http://women.duluthtrading.com/store/product/womens-duluthflex-fire-hose-cargo-pants-21405.aspx

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
that dude is writing a lot of words for no one to read

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Mange Mite posted:

im unironically racist but its not too bad so im cool with it

same but ironically

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mange Mite posted:

lol if you actually believe this

Do you know how fyad trolls these days..it's down to reverse meta concern posting. scraping the barrel. it's not hard to beat

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
why would anybody take that OP seriously

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

a posting ghost posted:

Do you know how fyad trolls these days..it's down to reverse meta concern posting. scraping the barrel. it's not hard to beat

your thoughts are banal and uninteresting.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

RideTheSpiral posted:

no i'm actually very racist because i find stereotypes v. funny

RAGE HOLE
Jun 7, 2006

Stendhal Stockholm
Worthy answer: gently caress you.

Thoughtful answer: women are traditionally more likely to be the ones doing the family's grocery shopping, buying clothes for kids, managing daily household finances in general, so they are more heavily marketed to. Fashion and general style trends can afford to rotate faster for women since women are more likely to be at the stores to see new clothes/products every season.

Add to that the pervading attitude that women's value is dependent first and foremost on their appearance (reinforced by men, women, and capitalism) and you get a lot of dumb purchases of cheap garbage designed to fall apart in time for the latest model/style/season.

Erethizon_dorsatum
Nov 14, 2009

RAGE HOLE posted:

Thoughtful answer: women are traditionally more likely to be the ones doing the family's grocery shopping, buying clothes for kids, managing daily household finances in general, so they are more heavily marketed to. Fashion and general style trends can afford to rotate faster for women since women are more likely to be at the stores to see new clothes/products every season.

Add to that the pervading attitude that women's value is dependent first and foremost on their appearance (reinforced by men, women, and capitalism) and you get a lot of dumb purchases of cheap garbage designed to fall apart in time for the latest model/style/season.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
plus wearing the latest dress instead of grandma's old sweater makes her more likely to get some cock

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
dang did this turn into a honeypot

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

But you must remember, the beauty of capitalism is that it pretty much supersedes all other social systems by insane insane insane margins. Sexism is NOTHING of a social system compared to capitalism. Capitalism is a great democratic equalizer, as each consumer that is able to make a choice between two products is just as powerful as the next.

It is in no way society's/madison avenue's/white men's/wal-mart's/etc... fault that someone with free will makes a poor consumer choice. In fact, it's THE LEAST their fault.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Jean Eric Burn posted:

But you must remember, the beauty of capitalism is that it pretty much supersedes all other social systems by insane insane insane margins. Sexism is NOTHING of a social system compared to capitalism. Capitalism is a great democratic equalizer, as each consumer that is able to make a choice between two products is just as powerful as the next.

It is in no way society's/madison avenue's/white men's/wal-mart's/etc... fault that someone with free will makes a poor consumer choice. In fact, it's THE LEAST their fault.

and thus male logic wins again

RAGE HOLE
Jun 7, 2006

Stendhal Stockholm
Ok cool.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
if women are so smart, why are we living in a patriarchy? checkmate.

Jean Eric Burn posted:

RAGE HOLE posted:

farts

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

i wouldn't be such a consumer whore if Macy's didn't constantly have great loving sales going on

don't act like you boyz don't like that poo poo

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I expend a great deal of mental energy campaigning to convince my wife that my expensive money sinks actually possess value beyond the fact that I want them. She'll buy makeup, clothes or junk off of Deal Extreme; I'll buy a new tv. But it can stream Netflix, which means if any of the 12 other devices that are plugged into it that also stream Netflix fail, then we can still stream Netflix. Does that ten dollar coin purse that has Obama dressed as a Maoist on the side stream Netflix, wife? No? Then I guess you wasted our money. Meanwhile, I'm over here engineering a better life for us, one expensive endorphin rush at a time.

mysterious frankie fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Dec 8, 2014

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

Oh Hell No posted:

i wouldn't be such a consumer whore if Macy's didn't constantly have great loving sales going on

You're putting the cart before the horse you dummy. Macy's sales seem great because you're a stupid loving consumer whore. If everything is always 25% off that's not a sale that's just how much it loving costs. They lost a court case for this bullshit so now they have to charge the normal price at least one day a year so they can lie to gullible idiots like you for the other 364 days. If you were male, like me, you'd realize that it's not a great bargain, they're just cheap clothes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Women are cool. Capitalism sucks.

Laters

• Locked thread