Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

ManiacClown posted:

This weekend is a Christmas event, format as follows. Silver Age at our venue is basically Golden without feats/BFCs/non-Horde bystanders or resources.

The third requirement refers to either dress or skin. I also got the judge to allow SLOSH Toys and that specific Toyman. I plan on running him with a Superman Action Figure attached for free. I own two Race Cars and an Airplane. I don't know what else to run with him, though. Currently the candidates for Toyman's non-Toy companions are:
  1. Deadpool & Bob (they're both red AND green!) plus the Omega Drive with an Airplane
  2. LotR Legolas (Herbie's back and he is pissed) and probably JL52 Deadman (as either Jacob Marley or the Ghost of Christmas Whatever-he-feels-like) with an Airplane and a Race Car (to stay attached for IM: Characters), which comes to 300 exactly
Alternately, I could skip Toyman and go for greater comedy: Deadpool & Bob with their friend Giganto the Mole Monster at 100.

Would Iceman, Killer Frost, Mr. Freeze, Captain Cold, etc. be fair game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Triathlon from AvAs is both christmas-coloured and WAY better than his points would suggest. 60 points for a guy who has charge, flurry and 3 damage on his top click.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Red posted:

Would Iceman, Killer Frost, Mr. Freeze, Captain Cold, etc. be fair game?

Nope. The character has to fulfill the listed requirements and do so naturally. This mean no Possession, plus the only Entities I own are Black hand and Entity and I got a great trade for those. I'll never own Ion or Parallax, as being a lawyer (albeit a recovering one) I have no soul to bargain for either. This did, though, make me check and find out that I do in fact own Triathlon when I thought otherwise.

Edit: I could do:
pre:
SLOSH050	Toyman		81
SLOSH099e	↑ Superman
		Action Figure	free
SLOSH099a	Airplane	15
SLOSH099b	Race Car	22
AVAS013a	Triathlon	60
HBTBFA011	Tauriel		113
	9 points for special object
9 points— Zodiac Key to combine PsyBlast with Tauriel's Energy Explosion and boost her Range by +2? What else should I do with that 5?

ManiacClown fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Dec 16, 2015

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
I want to find a way to get splitlip on the team as a toymaker but you'd have to downgrade Tauriel

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Tonight was The Big Guy. 600 points. 1 dude must be greater then 250 points, the rest less then 100. 5 figures minimum.

I took that 5 figure min as a challenge and tried to get 10. Had to settle with 9.

I did Soldier.

Red Son Superman
Peggy Carter
OP Kit Punisher
General Lane
Aldrich Killian from IM3
4 Nick Fury's from NFAOS

I had misread the poo poo out of Supermans farming exile and built this thinking that I could get hit and toss them next to someone on my team which is why I went with a ton of damaging little guys and Peggy. Realized well before that it was opposing not friendly. Decided to stick with the team because it has so much damage potential.

Round 1 versus Stark Industries

500 point Hulkbuster
Splitlip
Rescue
2 FI Pogs
Angrir's Hammer

I have played this exact team in the past. It has a ton of trouble with Swarms and teams that can kill its special defense. My team was both. I won map and tossed us on the Black Mercy map from WOL. It is basically my favorite map.

I had Superman carry General Lane behind a fury wall. Made sure I was out of his range. Punisher walked onto a cache and picked it up. He ran down and lifted the hammer. I cleared and moved punisher out to cache 2. He did a RS/PW and just ended punisher. I chose Impervious for Peggy and moved her to within 3 of Hulkbuster. I think I hit both Leaderships. Nick 1 managed to get that first hit thanks to PD and Hydra and that opened the floodgates. Managed to knock him all the way down to a flurry and invincible click. Took away his perplex and flurry because Lane gave me a stupid amount of outwit. He punched Peggy and I took 4. He didn't push because of the steal energy. I outwitted his invincible and Superman hit for 8 with an object. Nicks then KO'd the buster. His Iron Man popped out and KO'd Peggy and a Nick with all his perplex but that was all he got as Superman was still top dial and he had no more offense.

1-0

Round 2 versus Stark Industries.

Iron Man/Patriot 400 point duo
Splitlip
Extremis Tony
IM3 Tony
50 point NFAOS IM
Cosmic Control Rod

I won map and stayed on the garden map. I did a similar strategy as in he first round with my first move. He moved out and picked up the rod with the duo and that made this game a very bad matchup. I also misplaced superman and he was able to get an outwitter in range and then hit me with a 5 damage shot with HSS. I used Peggy to stop ESD and a Nick managed to hit him for 1. Superman ran and got healed by Aldrich.

From here he game was very back and forth. He was pulse waving me, but he had his eyes really hard on superman so I was making sure that at least one Nick was also in range of any shots he had. On turns I'd hit with superman he'd roll impervious as Peggy couldn't always be in range and when she did turn off the impervious I'd just miss. He could have just KO'd all my nicks but he was 100% focused on superman. The nicks managed to get his IM 3 Tony and NFAOS IM. Also managed to hit him to a RS PB click when superman nailed a 5 damage shot. As time was called he did a duo attack, KO'd a Nick and took a shot on Peggy. He hit but Peggy hit his senses and that roll right there won me the game as we ended it at 100-50.

My dice and superman taking that first hit hurt me. Not being able to outwit also hurt. Only won because of the absolute focus my opponent had on superman. He could have just pulsed all my nicks to death and I would have been in a ton of trouble.

2-0 (barely)

Round 3 versus Crime syndicate

FF Ultraman at full
FF Owlman at lower value
FF Johnny
FF Wonder Woman
Both the main set and FF Atomica

I won map and chose the garden again. I had so much outwit. Ultraman never had his improved targeting or any move and attack. Johnny hit Lane for 3 but had to end in my swarm to do it and the swarm got him. Superwoman moved down into charge range with Owlman and 19 d Atomica. Peggy stopped charge and Owlman fell to nicks. Superman could not hit and got crit hit at range from Ultraman. I used farming exile to move him near superwoman and by the swarm. This let me leverage my outwit better and shut off his prob and Ultraman fell quickly. Superwoman based and KO'd Peggy but then was swarmed by the nicks.

3-0

I loving love those Nicks. I loving love general lane. Superman was tremendously solid. Punisher was a complete letdown. His best shot came with 2 cache's and next to a lane and he still missed. I need to dedicate a transport to him of I ever do him again. He was a complete waste of points.

Morand fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Dec 18, 2015

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Anyone need the code for NF She-Hulk's ID card? PM me if you do.

DKWildz
Jan 7, 2002
A coworker of mine has been talking to me a bit about this game but neither of us actually have anything. I've since watched a few games played from Geek& Sundry on twitch and I think I could really get into this! I was always trying to play Warhammer back in the day but I couldn't get myself to ever finish painting an entire army.

Is the OP's suggestion of the Captain America Winter Soldier & Man of Steel sets still the way to go? Since we're just starting from scratch, I was wondering whether grabbing one of these bags on amazon I saw while searching that has ~60 generic figures would be an easy (and cheap) way to get in and learn? The reviews say they don't have the cards, but I guess we could learn just using the base attacks without any special abilities? My coworker has a couple kids that would probably like to play too, so more figures so everyone can play!

tragedyjones
Oct 26, 2010
It may be a bit of a wait, but there are /3/ starter sets due out in the first quarter/half of 2016. TMNT, Batman v Superman, and Captain America: Civil War. But if you want a quick start, there is an Age of Ultron Starter now.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

drat, the OP's a year old? Looks like I get to make a new one again! Can someone please post all known upcoming releases so I can shamelessly use your work in my new OP? Also: I shall now entertain new thread titles.

Edit: The HeroClix Thread v12: HeroClix on the Half-Shell?

ManiacClown fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Dec 21, 2015

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

ManiacClown posted:

drat, the OP's a year old? Looks like I get to make a new one again! Can someone please post all known upcoming releases so I can shamelessly use your work in my new OP? Also: I shall now entertain new thread titles.

Let's see...

World's Finest, 5-figure booster set, fast forces, & a Satellite resource with Justice League ID cards, set for February, with a January pre-release.
Batman/Superman movie set gravity feed & fast forces due in February.
Turtles gravity feed & starter, originally slated for December, now looking like March.
Cap 3: Civil War movie gravity feed & starter, due in April.
Civil War OP series, 5-figure boosters and random prizes, kicks off in May.
Uncanny X-Men, 5-figure booster set. I haven't heard an official date, but Realms has it in May.

We also have monthly OP kits featuring:
Sinister Six (January)
White Lanterns (February)
Gamma figures (March)
Justice League (April)
Guardians of the Galaxy (May)
Injustice League (June)
Defenders (July)
More Justice League (August)

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Aw, my winning thread title will be retired.

Okay. Heroclix Thread v.12 v. Batman v. Superman v. Cap v. Iron Man v. Turtles v. For Vendetta

Heroclix Thread v.12: Partners in Klyx "Turtle Power"

Heroclix Thread v.13: The Search For Heroclix Thread v.12

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

I always figure 50 pages is new thread time. This feels early. Seems like the number of regular posters has shrunk a bit

Heroclix v 12. Superman punches the Shredder

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Morand posted:

I always figure 50 pages is new thread time. This feels early. Seems like the number of regular posters has shrunk a bit

Heroclix v 12. Superman punches the Shredder

50 pages is a good yardstick, but a year is also a long time. Someone asking if CA:tWS is still a good starter shows that the OP is painfully out of date. I'll begin compiling the new thread and get it posted sometime tomorrow after getting more title submissions.

The HeroClix Thread v12: When The Evil Shredder Attacks, He Rolls 1 Under What He Needed To Hit

ManiacClown fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Dec 21, 2015

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

You know, I can't come up with anything better than When The Evil Shredder Attacks, ________. More ideas:
  • He Rolls A 1 For Blades
  • Splinter Hits Super Senses
  • He's Better With A Black Lantern Ring

Red
Apr 15, 2003

ManiacClown posted:

50 pages is a good yardstick, but a year is also a long time. Someone asking if CA:tWS is still a good starter shows that the OP is painfully out of date. I'll begin compiling the new thread and get it posted sometime tomorrow after getting more title submissions.

The HeroClix Thread v12: When The Evil Shredder Attacks, He Rolls 1 Under What He Needed To Hit

The HeroClix Thread v12: But when are we getting a new Iron Man

Edit: VVVV WINNER VVVV

Red fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Dec 21, 2015

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

ManiacClown posted:

You know, I can't come up with anything better than When The Evil Shredder Attacks, ________. More ideas:
  • He Rolls A 1 For Blades
  • Splinter Hits Super Senses
  • He's Better With A Black Lantern Ring

Those turtle's dice don't cut him no slack

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
It's from back in July, but I still like The HeroClix Thread v12: What Do You Mean, Rule Intent?

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

ManiacClown posted:

You know, I can't come up with anything better than When The Evil Shredder Attacks, ________.

Don't Let Him Hit a Close Combat Attack! Wait, that rhymes Attack with Attack.

He'll Do It With a Foot Clan Horde Stack!

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Morand posted:

Those turtle's dice don't cut him no slack

His Lousy Dice Don't Cut Him No Slack?

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

ManiacClown posted:

His Lousy Dice Don't Cut Him No Slack?

Works for me.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

CapnAndy posted:

It's from back in July, but I still like The HeroClix Thread v12: What Do You Mean, Rule Intent?

this tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

CapnAndy posted:

New thread! This title wins because the Shredder one was too long.

• Locked thread