Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

Buncha fags in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
I liked this season a lot but after watching the latest episode I kinda hope they don't do another season. It just seemed like the perfect way to wrap the whole thing up considering how south park started.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Yea south park sucks. The christmas special has pewdiepie on it and I thought I'd be able to go my whole life without seeing him and now south park ruined it.

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Mixodorian posted:

At first, the novelty of it made it an enjoyable watch back when it started.

But it's such poo poo and has been for a while. Like how can people enjoy this poo poo? Why do people like Cartman?

Parker and Stone are try hards.

Is it possible you were a child back then who enjoyed south park and are now confused that all these people who "still find" it funny are in fact different people and you've just been standing in the same place while adulthood swept over you?

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
Thankfully, once you reach a certain age you don't feel the need to discuss and debate the flaws in things you don't like.
You just ignore those things and focus your attention on more important things as the tick of the clock accompanies you toward your doom.

So you've got that to look forward to.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

wit posted:

Is it possible you were a child back then who enjoyed south park and are now confused that all these people who "still find" it funny are in fact different people and you've just been standing in the same place while adulthood swept over you?

Yep, the majority of people who watch South Park now were probably babies and toddlers when South Park debuted. The long-time watchers (like me) are basically in the minority.

You don't remain a popular show by continually pandering only to the people who watched your show since the beginning, you have to keep up with the current trends and tailor your jokes accordingly. It's funny that South Park has done that and yet remained pretty much unchanged in 20 years, while the Simpsons tried to modernize and became a completely different show altogether.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Uncle Wemus posted:

is faith plus 1 a dungeons and dragons joke
it's about cartman starting a christian rock band

KoRMaK posted:

Yea south park sucks. The christmas special has pewdiepie on it and I thought I'd be able to go my whole life without seeing him and now south park ruined it.
on the other hand, slowbeef is probably very angry and shouting "I CREATED THE VIDEO LP" every time somebody brings it up

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
I watched the most recent one from last night. It was... Something.

Youth Lost; Im old and I dont get it.

I didnt know who Pewdeepie was.

:ohdear:

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
To be honest I'm still laughing at "donkey raping poo poo eater". I put an ep on, it makes me think of that phrase, then the chuckles start and won't stop until the credits roll.

Ragtime Cthulhu
Dec 11, 2014
The recent Cock Magic episode was pretty humorous, given the two wildly divergent interpretations of the phrase.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

King Vidiot posted:

Yep, the majority of people who watch South Park now were probably babies and toddlers when South Park debuted. The long-time watchers (like me) are basically in the minority.

You don't remain a popular show by continually pandering only to the people who watched your show since the beginning, you have to keep up with the current trends and tailor your jokes accordingly. It's funny that South Park has done that and yet remained pretty much unchanged in 20 years, while the Simpsons tried to modernize and became a completely different show altogether.

the jokes haven't changed, you have.

the simpsons doesn't work anymore because the whole thing that made it special was the time and place it premiered in (late 80s America)

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

icantfindaname posted:

the simpsons doesn't work anymore because the whole thing that made it special was the time and place it premiered in (late 80s America)

I think it was more because Groening left

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

gggiiimmmppp posted:

the best show on television now is mike tyson mysteries

Close, but the best show is actually Master Chef Junior, hope this helps.

Mixodorian posted:

Rick and Morty I feel is the best example of a vulgar cartoon done right, South park an example of wrong. It is still better than Family Guy's new stuff I suppose.

Venture bros is the best one but Rick and Morty is also pretty great. It's just as subtle, but you don't need to be a complete nerdshoe to get the references. It got renewed for a second season, right?

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

icantfindaname posted:

The humor in South Park has changed drastically since the early seasons. Initially it was all just about the shock value of cartoon kids saying vulgar things.

And that's initially what made The Simpsons such a success, but not what elevated it to legendary status. It was because the comedy writing was top notch and holds up extremely well even today. Modern episodes try way too hard to be funny and have way too many people contributing with seemingly no read throughs where they analyze a script and remove stuff that doesn't work well.

Ragtime Cthulhu
Dec 11, 2014
Yeah, Parker and Stone wisely transitioned to social commentary after the initial "Korn solving mysteries" phase had run its course. What the gently caress do they even do on The Simpsons nowadays?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

icantfindaname posted:

Nope, I'm pretty positive The Simpsons is horrible now.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
This season has been the best. It has continually gotten better every year.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Ragtime Cthulhu posted:

Yeah, Parker and Stone wisely transitioned to social commentary after the initial "Korn solving mysteries" phase had run its course. What the gently caress do they even do on The Simpsons nowadays?

Rehash bullshit and steal from family guy.

Isnt Groening dead yet?

Simpons did it.

:colbert:

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Harald posted:

kyle gets ebola and starts driving for uber but he gets raped by bill cosby

motherfuckin called it with the bill cosby ref

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
This is much better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnM7w7XO1ek

Catchy too! :dance:

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan

Ragtime Cthulhu posted:

What the gently caress do they even do on The Simpsons nowadays?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_dd1uY3FTc

NakedWithCandy
Sep 22, 2014
Randy is Lord lol.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

NakedWithCandy posted:

Randy is Lord lol.

Praise Randy.

Hallowed be thine name.

:godbless:
:yayaya:

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
trick question op, they don't

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

i don't give a poo poo how anyone feels about south park but if you don't laugh at episodes that revolve around randy then you are a huge dweeb

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

Tom Gorman posted:

i don't give a poo poo how anyone feels about south park but if you don't laugh at episodes that revolve around randy then you are a huge dweeb

South Park threads in GBS are a good reminder that there are plenty of unfunny GBS 1.0 posters waiting to crawl out of the woodwork.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Can someone with clout ask Pewdeepie if he wants to come to this thread and officially apologize for how bad those two final episodes were?

Deadbeat Poetry
Mar 6, 2004

Sorry if my costume scared you

Tom Gorman posted:

Randy episodes have been the best for years

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
*south park makes fun of video game playing man children in modern episode*

*a goons fedora is lost to a gust of wind, generated by his rushing to computer in tears.*

how dare they!!! he thinks

this is NOT funny

*fingers furiously type out the post under a storm of Cheeto crumbs falling from his neck beard*

yes this will show EVERYONE not to mess with stuff that I think is cool ....

*presses post. the words 'ss s South Park sucks' fade into existence, while the man child pats himself on the back for defending video games from a cartoon that made fun of them*

*sighs softly, resheaths katana*

stump collector
May 28, 2007
south park is peculiar in that it is still on the air...heh

uG posted:

*south park makes fun of video game playing man children in modern episode*

*a goons fedora is lost to a gust of wind, generated by his rushing to computer in tears.*

how dare they!!! he thinks

this is NOT funny

*fingers furiously type out the post under a storm of Cheeto crumbs falling from his neck beard*

yes this will show EVERYONE not to mess with stuff that I think is cool ....

*presses post. the words 'ss s South Park sucks' fade into existence, while the man child pats himself on the back for defending video games from a cartoon that made fun of them*

*sighs softly, resheaths katana*

did goku cuck hitler or..?

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp

exethan posted:

did goku cuck hitler or..?

hmm i never thought of it like that

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
"You ever cuck with the goku in the pale moonlight?"

Thought that little gem up while binging on some Park.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
Hey OP, South Park is still pretty good, but Mike Tyson Mysteries is just magical, so thanks thread for introducing me to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tussin Grimace
Oct 23, 2007

cahsin mahney busta
the episode on memes with the ol long Johnson cat had me rolling

it's not the best show ever but it's ok to watch. It has improved recently

• Locked thread